Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

• 3 weeks later...

Someone compiled a list of "Space Helmets" from sci-fi and sure enough, Macross gets some love :)

http://laughingsquid.com/helmet-oddity-a-supercut-of-space-helmets-in-movies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+laughingsquid+%28Laughing+Squid%29

Helmets from Macross Plus and Do You Remember Love are representin' :)

Reading my favorite gaming site Giant Bomb today and they featured a YouTube link to the Half-Life Alpha Tech Demo from way back in 1997. At time index 2:12 of the video, what shows up, if not the famous Reguld Battle Pod from SDF Macross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA1EPWpk0iI&feature=player_embedded

Kinda cool :)

Big stretch on that transformation sequence. However...

Blizzcon a couple of years ago:

"Because 'Top Gun' wasn't the only thing that made us want to grow up to be fighter pilots."

They used a picture of Hikaru/Rick in his VF-1 as a backdrop to that statement.

I'm sure that they do acknowledge Macross/Robotech as an influence while growing up.

Oh, you two, it's been over ten years of this. Get a room already...... a Fire Bomber-themed karaoke room, that is!

HAHA:

1. M7 will never cease to offend us

2. You have to give it to me... The guy does look like and act like Basara.

Right....

Anyway, at the risk of going off-topic (because this is such a serious discussion), may I ask what you think of Macross Frontier, AgentOne? If I recall, your main complaints about M7 were that it was full of girly-men and people cross-dressing, however accurate that may have been. I figured if you ever watched Frontier your brain would just evaporate and turn to ashes as a vampire exposed
to the sun in disbelief, since those things are prominently in there.

In fact, I would even go as far as speculating that Kawamori himself read your posts all these years and said "No, no, THIS IS WHAT I CALL GIRLY-MEN"

post-1318-0-61870200-1360205255_thumb.jpg

Edit -- for emphasis, because AgentOne seems to have a tendency to miss details -- THAT IS A MAN IN A DRESS

Edited by Renato

Right....

Anyway, at the risk of going off-topic (because this is such a serious discussion), may I ask what you think of Macross Frontier, AgentOne? If I recall, your main complaints about M7 were that it was full of girly-men and people cross-dressing, however accurate that may have been. I figured if you ever watched Frontier your brain would just evaporate and turn to ashes as a vampire exposed

to the sun in disbelief, since those things are prominently in there.

In fact, I would even go as far as speculating that Kawamori himself read your posts all these years and said "No, no, THIS IS WHAT I CALL GIRLY-MEN"

attachicon.gifalto-klan.jpg

Edit -- for emphasis, because AgentOne seems to have a tendency to miss details -- THAT IS A MAN IN A DRESS

Yeah, I watched Frontier, and yeah I noticed the cross dressing... I was mildly disappointed with the whole show but the characters were better. I mean Alto was not a pussy at all. Any guy can wear a dress as a costume and get laughs out of it (or use it as a disguise) but that doesn't mean you need to be an annoying broker of weakness and helplessness. Thats the difference between Frontier and M7.

Yeah, I watched Frontier, and yeah I noticed the cross dressing... I was mildly disappointed with the whole show but the characters were better. I mean Alto was not a pussy at all. Any guy can wear a dress as a costume and get laughs out of it (or use it as a disguise) but that doesn't mean you need to be an annoying broker of weakness and helplessness. Thats the difference between Frontier and M7.

Someone with a pacifist philosophy is automatically a broker of weakness and helplessness?

And the whole homophobic thing is getting old.

You don't like Basara? Fine.

You hate Basara? Fine.

Did he hit on dudes? No? Then he's not gay.

If Basara was gay, I don't care. Mac 7 still isn't a good show other than the Mikimoto stills IMHO.

Pacifism + Male =/= Gay.

Character sucks or is annoying =/= Gay.

Likes dudes + Male = Gay.

No, flaming guy from NYC gay pride parade does not look like Basara.

But the trolling attempt is noted.

1. M7 will never cease to offend us

Yep, the production quality and pacing offends me.

2. You have to give it to me... The guy does look like and act like Basara.

No, I don't. He does not look like that, And it's a picture, I don't know how he acts.

Someone with a pacifist philosophy is automatically a broker of weakness and helplessness?

And the whole homophobic thing is getting old.

You don't like Basara? Fine.

You hate Basara? Fine.

Did he hit on dudes? No? Then he's not gay.

If Basara was gay, I don't care. Mac 7 still isn't a good show other than the Mikimoto stills IMHO.

Pacifism + Male =/= Gay.

Character sucks or is annoying =/= Gay.

Likes dudes + Male = Gay.

No, flaming guy from NYC gay pride parade does not look like Basara.

But the trolling attempt is noted.

Yep, the production quality and pacing offends me.

No, I don't. He does not look like that, And it's a picture, I don't know how he acts.

Kaldar, since you're sort of new, I'll explain to you how this works. AgentOne will jump into a random non-M7 specific thread and say something derogatory about Macross 7 and/or its fans out of the blue, usually homophobic. In no time, Duke Togo, supposedly having received some sort of "M7 hate alarm" triggered by A1's comment, will awaken and chime in with the internet equivalent of "Yeah! What he said". Later, other MW members will jump in and the thread will turn into an M7 love/hate thread, each side attempting to make a case for why it rocks/sucks. The thread degenerates into chaos, and despite sporadic mod warnings every so often, eventually is locked. Which means that AgentOne is now free to find another thread to destroy. Unless he gets banned, after which he is allowed to come back anyway for good behaviour or something, I don't know what happens there.

Seriously, I've seen this pattern over and over -- you can do a search if you have time/can be bothered, it's clockwork. In a way, it's impressive.

I see, got it.