Macross in the weirdest places

yellowlightman

probably 2~3 grand for the vinyl wrap plus the cost of the car.

At least 10 times more expensive than that. Even an Audi TT. :rolleyes:

The Macross Zero and Roy Focker Tribute BMW Itasha in Odaiba.

post-14942-0-52492200-1349628274_thumb.jpeg

post-14942-0-60270200-1349628314_thumb.jpeg

post-14942-0-62316200-1349628404_thumb.jpeg

I saw a Ranka Itasha by chance inOdaiba.

Edited by antibiotictab

At least 10 times more expensive than that. Even an Audi TT. :rolleyes:

The Macross Zero and Roy Focker Tribute BMW Itasha in Odaiba.

If it cost them more than $20,000USD to have a car wrap printed and applied they payed way the hell too much.

If it cost them more than $20,000USD to have a car wrap printed and applied they payed way the hell too much.

Ah, only a car wrap... I misunderstood it was the total cost... I watched 1,000 Itashas and was tired and not sane then.

A Itasha event called "Ita G Festa" was held on the day, I found some Macross-related itashas.

Not only itashas, but Itacharis (it means painfully embarrassing bicycles). Like this, a Sheryl Itachari.

post-14942-0-81139400-1349741286_thumb.jpeg

Pinarello Dogma is the flagship model of the bicycle company. 6,000 dollars per one frame in Japan. Adding the component, wheels, tires and so on, I wonder how much the complete one would be. In some cases it will be close to 10,000 dollars...

Edited by antibiotictab

Ah, only a car wrap... I misunderstood it was the total cost... I watched 1,000 Itashas and was tired and not sane then.

Oh, yeah. The cars themselves are going to be much more expensive. They've got a that BMW's probably around $60k~70K and that Audi's closer to $40k. They've also got plenty of expensive body mods going on; makes you wonder what these people do for a living.

A Itasha event called "Ita G Festa" was held on the day, I found some Macross-related itashas.

Not only itashas, but Itacharis (it means painfully embarrassing bicycles). Like this, a Sheryl Itachari.

post-14942-0-81139400-1349741286_thumb.jpeg

Pinarello Dogma is the flagship model of the bicycle company. 6,000 dollars per one frame in Japan. Adding the component, wheels, tires and so on, I wonder how much the complete one would be. In some cases it will be close to 10,000 dollars...

Wow. That's precisely one of the bikes with which Bradely Wiggins and Team Sky won the Tour de France. It's easily one of the most expensive road bikes you can get. LOL; Its insane that you would just go an attach a Sheryl wheel cap to it! Cool but insane.

Assuming it's an actual Pinarello and not a bootleg. Believe it or not, people rip off the molds for carbon fiber bikes the same way they rip off scale model kits.

Wouldn't want to have a catastrophic failure on one of those during a 50mph decent...crrraccckk.

Wow. That's precisely one of the bikes with which Bradely Wiggins and Team Sky won the Tour de France. It's easily one of the most expensive road bikes you can get. LOL; Its insane that you would just go an attach a Sheryl wheel cap to it! Cool but insane.

I found the name of Mark Cavendish in the Team Sky. Too fast on the flat course, but too slow on the mountain course. lol

Assuming it's an actual Pinarello and not a bootleg.

Yes, this bike has Pinarello's distinctive "onda forks," and the owners of these cars/ bikes don't like bootlegs. Because doing these things to the real/ expensive ones is truly painfully embarrassing, and that's what they like to do.

This one is not so expensive in comparison with the others. I found a bike using a carbon disk wheel on such a sticker. WTF

• 3 weeks later...

http://kotaku.com/5958774/meet-the-man-who-suited-up-iron-man-in-the-avengers

Asked about his influences in creating the CG scenes, Yamaguchi responded that old Japanese anime like Hurricane Polymar and Neo Human Casshern were in his head when working on The Avengers. "I try to put [my respect for such influences] into my work where I can." Yamaguchi said. For scenes with missiles, Yamaguchi utilized an anime technique of chaotic movement of multiple projectiles from Super Dimension Fortress Macross known among fans as the "Itano Circus"

Hurricane Polymar, Neo Human Casshern and Super Dimension Fortress Macross, hm.

He liked Tatsunoko animes so much, huh.

I heard in Michael Bay's Transformers movie, the transformation sequences of Optimus Prime and the others were made by a Japanese CG artist before. I checked some information, and found both works were done by the same person, Yamaguchi-san.

THIS IS REALLY FUNNY. There was a story on the internet today about how a "robot" was featured in a source that was supposed to be about the Russian Revolution of 1917 in a Senior exam in Victoria Australia. Seems that the people putting together the exam had taken the source from the internet without looking at it too closely and had failed to notice the "robot" in the image of Revolutionaries Storming the Winter Palace in 1917.

So I looked at the image to see if I could spot the robot. Can you??

1_art-TRANSFORMER3-620x349.jpg

Here is the

article. Read and enjoy......

The Victorian Board of Studies will probably cop a C&D from HG. LOL.

Seriously though, I was reading this article at work (in a teachers staffroom). When I saw the article I started to scan the foreground of the image for the "robot" but as soon as I noticed what it was I burst out laughing so loudly everybody was wondering what was wrong with me. This needs to be a new internet meme.

I love how the "clear" robot image they provide looks different from the one in the image used in the test. Sure, it's only greebles, but even a 2 year old can tell that they're NOT THE SAME.

Perhaps a 2-year-old can, but a 52-year-old cannot. "Oh my, it's a robot. Goodness!"

I heard in Michael Bay's Transformers movie, the transformation sequences of Optimus Prime and the others were made by a Japanese CG artist before. I checked some information, and found both works were done by the same person, Yamaguchi-san.

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of when I read this article. Michael Bay mentioned a "Keiji" in the TF DVD commentary. He obviously forgot his surname. It was also interesting that he described Yamaguchi-san as being angry after seeing the initial Optimus Prime designs, saying that "this is not Optimus Prime, this is an insult to the Japanese people". But who knows what really happened -- I don't believe a word that comes out of Bay's mouth...

THIS IS REALLY FUNNY. There was a story on the internet today about how a "robot" was featured in a source that was supposed to be about the Russian Revolution of 1917 in a Senior exam in Victoria Australia. Seems that the people putting together the exam had taken the source from the internet without looking at it too closely and had failed to notice the "robot" in the image of Revolutionaries Storming the Winter Palace in 1917.

So I looked at the image to see if I could spot the robot. Can you??

1_art-TRANSFORMER3-620x349.jpg

Here is the

article. Read and enjoy......

Love it. I wonder how long before HG sues the Victorian Curriculum and Assesement Authority for misuse of their 'property'!

<br>

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of when I read this article.&nbsp;&nbsp;Michael Bay mentioned a &quot;Keiji&quot; in the TF DVD commentary.&nbsp;&nbsp;He obviously forgot his surname.&nbsp;&nbsp;It was also interesting that he described Yamaguchi-san as being angry after seeing the initial Optimus Prime designs, saying that &quot;this is not Optimus Prime, this is an insult to the Japanese people&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;But who knows what really happened -- I don't believe a word that comes out of Bay's mouth...<br>

Yeah, I also think it was Michael's bullshit.

If it were a true story, Yamaguchi-san stopped Michael's another "insult to the Japanese people," and it would be another his great achievement. The first one was the Pearl Harbor movie...:-p

Edited by antibiotictab

Yeah, I also think it was Michael's bullshit.

If it were a true story, Yamaguchi-san stopped Michael's another "insult to the Japanese people," and it would be another his great achievement. The first one was the Pearl Harbor movie...:-p

Pearl Harbor movie is an insult to sentient people... ;)

Pearl Harbor movie is an insult to sentient people... ;)

Pearl Harbor movie is an insult to anyone's intelligence.

Itasha.

p4.jpg?ct=8e16bd575dd2

p5.jpg?ct=8e16bd575dd2

Porche and Audi. How much did it cost to make them...

As much as I love macross... What a way to trash a cool/expensive car.