Ideas on a few prices for the kits

Ranger565

Hey I know you guys have a good idea of some of the old stuff and Gundam model kits. I have a buddy that has a few kits and would like to know if they are worth keeping or selling. I think he would like to sell, but he does not know what the price would be on something like this.

I was wondering if you could give me a heads up on a value of the kit for him.

Just take a look a the kits and tell me if they are junk or not.

he has 2 of these Gundam kits ( the Zion one) its 1/48 and must be about 20lbs heavy box alone.

Also he has a few more and is looking to sell them but does not know what the value is. you guys seem to have a pretty good idea. I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on the pics of took of his kits.

Ps. Just courious I will keep looking to see the value ( I know he wont just give them away for cheep.) he said 2 of them were about $1000.00 that he knew of.

I took the pics with my phone

Ok well let me know what you guys think. I was courious since I only know about Macross and I do know that Vf-4 is not a bad kit to have. I know he has 2 of those and he has 2 of these zion kits.

post-1578-1221022679_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221022697_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221022742_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221022755_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221022778_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221022791_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221022808_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221022831_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221022857_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221022882_thumb.jpg

post-1578-1221022894_thumb.jpg

The Five Star Stories kits of the Mortar Headd mecha are usually rather pricey - especially if they're resin and not bootlegs. Demand is a little low for them. I'd suggest searching eBay, using manufacturer, kit name and any variation name and see what they're going for. The ones you have there are classics. Probably at least $50 each, if they're resin. Its tough to see details (scale/materials) on some of the shots, which is important because there have been many kits of those machines - the Knight of Gold, and Junchoon.

Hobbylink Japan still has extensive entries for past kits not in stock. You can at least see what retail used to be for them.

Edited by AcroRay

Ranger, Ditto on the VF-4! PM me a price if you wouldn't mind - there's two!

Also, is GTC still around? I'm looking for more 1/200 Tomahawks/Defenders (besides the two you have). My ship is bigger than I thought! Thanks man!

Acro Ray is right on the money by the way. In fact, the newer kits have injected parts to stop droop in thin and long parts like gun barrels etc... that may lower the value. In fact, the newer kits are cheaper now. I paid $500 bucks for one back in the 80's (of course I wasn't married then ^_^) - MT

Edited by MechTech

I'd be interested on the wave VF-17...

NP guys my buddy is dealing with me because you guys know and trust me, he would be new to the boards and well I figured I will stick my neck out for him. I have known him for 23 years so he trusts me.

I will get back with you.

That Zion kit must weigh about 20lbs of Resin. Its FREAKING BIG!