BoyxGirl gets separated again by their own circumstances

Boy gets emotionally attached with the Woman

Girl gives up on Boy

Boy gets/will get confused

Boy will leave woman

Girl will hit a pinch (plotwise)

Boy will realize his feelings

BoyxGirl will end up together

Thus the title of the final episode is a major set-up for the cheesiest moment in mecha history. As for the girl I voted. You can probably guess by now. Cliche? Absolutely. :rolleyes:

Edited by shan

I say this is how it's going to be.

Boy meets girl

Girl meets boy

Boy saves girl

Girl crushes on boy

BoyxGirl gets closer ---> next day boy meets woman

Girl tries to get boy's attention all throughout, succeeds once

Girl gives up on Boy

Boy will leave woman

Girl will hit a pinch (plotwise)

Boy will realize his feelings

BoyxGirl will end up together

Thus the title of the final episode is a major set-up for the cheesiest moment in mecha history. As for the girl I voted. You can probably guess by now. Cliche? Absolutely. :rolleyes:

how bout this:

Boy meets girl

Girl meets boy

Boy saves girl

Girl crushes on boy

BoyxGirl gets closer ---> next day boy meets woman

Girl tries to get boy's attention all throughout, succeeds once

Girl gives up on Boy

Woman dumps Boy

Boy recognizes that he is the "Real Frontier Fairy"

Boy flys off with another Boy...along with bridge flamer human torch.

All get blown up by crossfire...

Now that's a ending.....with a twist!!!!!

I think it's Sheryl, and the set-up all points toward sheryl. and i also think they kissed in ep 22.

on the other hand, if that's the resolution to the triangle, i think it came a bit too early. Although we can never agree on a formula for macross love triangles, i think we can agree on one thing: macross love triangles are only resolved at the very last minute/episode (if they are ever resolved at all). so couple this with SK's statement that the resolution of frontier's triangle will surprise people, i'm starting to ghet worried. :p

i'm not saying it will be Ranka. i think that ship has sailed, and it's unreal for me for alto to suddenly have serious feelings about ranka, overcome his vajra bias, and see her as something other than a little sister in a span of 4 eps. (also consider the fact that ranka has already confessed to alto, and even with that he still goes to sheryl. if alto had the slightest intention of ever returning ranka's feelings, then i doubt he would have gotten closer to sheryl at that time).

So to sum it up:

i want it to be sheryl. i hope it's sheryl at the end. but it's also possible it won't be sheryl. but i think it WON'T be Ranka.

so... sheryl or bust.

For what it's worth, Misa was older than Minmay, Sara was older than Mao...see where I'm going with this? I'm hoping it's Sheryl because she found someone who treats her like a normal person rather than a superstar and that's something really important to her and I think Alto is beginning to realize this.

I think it's Sheryl, and the set-up all points toward sheryl. and i also think they kissed in ep 22.

on the other hand, if that's the resolution to the triangle, i think it came a bit too early. Although we can never agree on a formula for macross love triangles, i think we can agree on one thing: macross love triangles are only resolved at the very last minute/episode (if they are ever resolved at all). so couple this with SK's statement that the resolution of frontier's triangle will surprise people, i'm starting to ghet worried. :p

i'm not saying it will be Ranka. i think that ship has sailed, and it's unreal for me for alto to suddenly have serious feelings about ranka, overcome his vajra bias, and see her as something other than a little sister in a span of 4 eps. (also consider the fact that ranka has already confessed to alto, and even with that he still goes to sheryl. if alto had the slightest intention of ever returning ranka's feelings, then i doubt he would have gotten closer to sheryl at that time).

So to sum it up:

i want it to be sheryl. i hope it's sheryl at the end. but it's also possible it won't be sheryl. but i think it WON'T be Ranka.

so... sheryl or bust.

I know Macross Zero was only 5 episodes, but that love triangle was over before it began. If you didn't know who Shin was going to get, you weren't looking at the character interactions. Even though the ending was kind of WTF, Shin certainly didn't go for Mao...

I know Macross Zero was only 5 episodes, but that love triangle was over before it began. If you didn't know who Shin was going to get, you weren't looking at the character interactions. Even though the ending was kind of WTF, Shin certainly didn't go for Mao...

But Mao went for Shin, so you shouldn't dismiss that aspect at all. unless you want to say that it's not even a triangle in the first place? I mean, what if only sara nome disappeared at the end of ep 5, leaving shin alive on earth. is it too much of a stretch that mao and shin could end up together after all?

Sure, there are hints and signs pointing towards a specific character, but i wouldn't go as far as saying that the triangle was resolved as early as the start. because if you do, i could easily say that the SDFM triangle was resolved as early as Micro Cosmos, or that Frontier was already resolved by the time Star Date came along (or for that matter, M7 was resolved the very first episode, because it's obvious a jerk like basara would never be interested. hehe).

all i'm saying is that the love story angle is a major and essential part of a macross story, and not merely a sidestory. thus, the love story is conclusively resolved at about the same time the main plot does.

For what it's worth, Misa was older than Minmay, Sara was older than Mao...see where I'm going with this?

Keep going...

Ishtar was older than Silvie (I think...)

Guld was older than Isamu

Basara was older than Gamlin

Liza was older than Passero

It's not as clear-cut as you make it sound.

But no, I don't think Alto will choose Ranka.

But Mao went for Shin, so you shouldn't dismiss that aspect at all. unless you want to say that it's not even a triangle in the first place? I mean, what if only sara nome disappeared at the end of ep 5, leaving shin alive on earth. is it too much of a stretch that mao and shin could end up together after all?

Sure, there are hints and signs pointing towards a specific character, but i wouldn't go as far as saying that the triangle was resolved as early as the start. because if you do, i could easily say that the SDFM triangle was resolved as early as Micro Cosmos, or that Frontier was already resolved by the time Star Date came along (or for that matter, M7 was resolved the very first episode, because it's obvious a jerk like basara would never be interested. hehe).

all i'm saying is that the love story angle is a major and essential part of a macross story, and not merely a sidestory. thus, the love story is conclusively resolved at about the same time the main plot does.

I'd say there was a greater chance he would have either been alone, or with someone else. There was no tension between them, and she was considerably younger than he was.

I'd say there was a greater chance he would have either been alone, or with someone else. There was no tension between them, and she was considerably younger than he was.

ending up alone or with someone else is still different than ending up 100% with sara, last i checked. ergo...

Alfred Hitchcock was the one that said that the audience should suffer for the LONGEST time possible.

One of the oldest canons in storytelling is that the conflict should be resolved until the very, very, very, very end. Misa told Hikaru she loved him until the last episode. Myung accepted she loved Isamu only when all hell broke lose and the Macross was unleashed. Note that I typed "accepted" and not hinted.

I think Ranka's confession is a very bad sign for a positive outcome between Alto and her. And the fact that Sheryl and Alto are spending time together is also a very bad sign for a positive outcome.

Mikhail and Klan are a very good example, the episode they both accepted they loved each other... well you know the rest.

I think we will NOT see the triangle resolving either way and we will be lucky if Cathy and Ozma get together (if Ozma doesn't die) otherwise Nanase and Luca is kinda lame... :ph34r: no offense to Double D fans or maybe even triple D?? :ph34r:

Just my two cents

M

Alfred Hitchcock was the one that said that the audience should suffer for the LONGEST time possible.

One of the oldest canons in storytelling is that the conflict should be resolved until the very, very, very, very end. Misa told Hikaru she loved him until the last episode. Myung accepted she loved Isamu only when all hell broke lose and the Macross was unleashed. Note that I typed "accepted" and not hinted.

I think Ranka's confession is a very bad sign for a positive outcome between Alto and her. And the fact that Sheryl and Alto are spending time together is also a very bad sign for a positive outcome.

Mikhail and Klan are a very good example, the episode they both accepted they loved each other... well you know the rest.

I think we will NOT see the triangle resolving either way and we will be lucky if Cathy and Ozma get together (if Ozma doesn't die) otherwise Nanase and Luca is kinda lame... :ph34r: no offense to Double D fans or maybe even triple D?? :ph34r:

Just my two cents

M

i agree with you. and this is exactly what i'm afraid of. :mellow:

They're not going to call this Macross a "Super Galactic Love Story where Fate of the planets Intertwined" if the triangle is going to get unresolved like Macross 7. No matter how I look at it, the super galactic love story makes sense the most if you apply it to Alto and Ranka's relationship. The main girl is easily Ranka, and the main guy is no doubt Alto. Their dramatic parting in 21 was even one of the themes in the October issue.

Main girlxMain guy = Super Galactic Love Story. :lol: It just does not fit if I try to relate it to Sheryl and Alto imo. I tried but then, I look at Ranka and Alto and it couldn't compare because Sheryl is often cast aside for most of the episodes just for Ranka's development, whatever it is. Sheryl is more likely to end up as the real Singer of the story since she sees singing as a proof of her living more than anything. It's her true calling. There's also how Ozma confronted Alto, and Alto's reaction. Things are not going to stay the way as 22. But I don't know, I just can't see Alto not choosing anyone or staying by Sheryl's side till the end ^_^

Speaking of 2ch polls, what happened to the popularity polls in NT, Animage etc?

They're not going to call this Macross a "Super Galactic Love Story where Fate of the planets Intertwined" if the triangle is going to get unresolved like Macross 7. No matter how I look at it, the super galactic love story makes sense the most if you apply it to Alto and Ranka's relationship. The main girl is easily Ranka, and the main guy is no doubt Alto. Their dramatic parting in 21 was even one of the themes in the October issue.

Main girlxMain guy = Super Galactic Love Story. :lol: It just does not fit if I try to relate it to Sheryl and Alto imo. I tried but then, I look at Ranka and Alto and it couldn't compare because Sheryl is often cast aside for most of the episodes just for Ranka's development, whatever it is. Sheryl is more likely to end up as the real Singer of the story since she sees singing as a proof of her living more than anything. It's her true calling. There's also how Ozma confronted Alto, and Alto's reaction. Things are not going to stay the way as 22. But I don't know, I just can't see Alto not choosing anyone or staying by Sheryl's side till the end ^_^

Speaking of 2ch polls, what happened to the popularity polls in NT, Animage etc?

are you saying that the original SDFM falls short of a Super Galactic Love Story? :blink: and don't tell me Misa ended up as the main character and singer of that series. :p

are you saying that the original SDFM falls short of a Super Galactic Love Story? :blink: and don't tell me Misa ended up as the main character and singer of that series. :p

Not really because Misa Hayase is Misa Hayase, SDF is SDF, and Macross Frontier is Macross Frontier.

Why would Alto choose Ranka at this point? We're 22 episodes deep into the story already, and the only romantic/sexual tension Alto's hinted at with Ranka, was in episode 12/13. Alto has shown far more chemistry and connection with Sheryl, since episode 1(depending on which version or the Yak Deculture version), episode 3, episode 5, episode 6, episode 8, episode 10, episode 11, episode 19/20, 22, and if he's cooking for her, episode 23.

There is no buildup for a Ranka x Alto ending. None, nada, zilch. Alto won't even see Ranka again until at least the 2nd half of episode 24.

Not really because Misa Hayase is Misa Hayase, SDF is SDF, and Macross Frontier is Macross Frontier.

well, if that's the case, then what are you doing citing a "Super Galactic Love Story" as a formula that would lead to an Alto-Ranka pairing? wouldn't it have been much easier to simply cite "hollywood" standards, and thus avoid any reference or inconsistency with previous macross works?

we are talking about a macross series, after all.

well, if that's the case, then what are you doing citing a "Super Galactic Love Story" as a formula that would lead to an Alto-Ranka pairing? wouldn't it have been much easier to simply cite "hollywood" standards, and thus avoid any reference or inconsistency with previous macross works?

we are talking about a macross series, after all.

Because the main website is calling it a "Super Galactic Love Story" and with how things are progressing, I can't help but say that it would lead to a RankaxAlto ending, considering they are going to give us a happy ending. And most importantly, I'm free to state what I see. B))

Because the main website is calling it a "Super Galactic Love Story" and with how things are progressing, I can't help but say that it would lead to a RankaxAlto ending, considering they are going to give us a happy ending. And most importantly, I'm free to state what I see. B))

And you mean to say that a SherylxAlto ending isn't happy? Or the alternatives to making Ranka happy like finding out that Brera isn't her brother, but a potential lover and they end up together? And who from the staff stated that they're giving us a happy ending?

And your last statement - You can't just keep justifying your words and actions by that statement, it sounds irresponsible! :c

Edited by mike_s_6

het no fair, using the "free to state what i see" card! what a cop-out. :rolleyes:

well, ok, if that's your view. "happy" being the relative term, of course. coz i think you're one of the few to consider that a happy ending. ;)

Edited by dreamweaver13

Why would Alto choose Ranka at this point? We're 22 episodes deep into the story already, and the only romantic/sexual tension Alto's hinted at with Ranka, was in episode 12/13. Alto has shown far more chemistry and connection with Sheryl, since episode 1(depending on which version or the Yak Deculture version), episode 3, episode 5, episode 6, episode 8, episode 10, episode 11, episode 19/20, 22, and if he's cooking for her, episode 23.

There is no buildup for a Ranka x Alto ending. None, nada, zilch. Alto won't even see Ranka again until at least the 2nd half of episode 24.

Why not? We all have our preferences, and I don't really mind which of the girls gets chosen, but isn't it too early to say the absolutes none, nada and zilch?

het no fair, using the "free to state what i see" card! what a cop-out. :rolleyes:

well, ok, if that's your view. "happy" being the relative term, of course. coz i think you're one of the few to consider that a happy ending. ;)

Well, I think that AltoxRanka would be a happy ending (as long as a miraculously cured Sheryl accepts it, and goes of to have a series of flings with her many groupies).

But then, I also think that AltoxSheryl would be a happy ending (provided that Ranka isn't too broken up about it and ends up realizing that the one who TRULY loved her the whole time was Nanase).

But I think that saying that either one is THE one-and-true ending...well, that's a bit premature at this point. We've still got 75 minutes to go, folks. A lot can happen in that time. ^_^