wolfx

Who will Alto choose by the end?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Alto choose by the end?

• Ranka
    • Sheryl
    • None of them
    • Both of them

Oh finally only 1 poll left on 1s page. Time to start this poll. :p (i personally don't see the justification for this rule but oh well)

Its ep 22 and with only 2 more supposed episodes to go, its time to see public MWF polls on who Alto will end up with by the end of the series!! Lets see if the story will end with popular choice! Step right up folks.

;)

Oh and please try to keep the Ranka vs Sheryl fanboyism civil. Thanks.

I say he'll end up with no one, but that's mostly because I'm not strongly attached to either outcome. I agree that he's been gravitating more and more towards Sheryl...but that just makes me think that it probably WON'T happen.

Same here.....for the same reasons I think Ranka will win because of the "obvious" Sheryl choice. I guess "twisting" from the obvious is best way to make drama these days. :lol:

I vote sheryl, but she will likely die (telling Ranka to look after him for her), and alto will be so distraught over it that it might take years for him to even think of anyone else. when he does finally recover, I predict a new triangle between him, ranka and klan! ^^

Oh finally only 1 poll left on 1s page. Time to start this poll. :p (i personally don't see the justification for this rule but oh well)

Its ep 22 and with only 2 more supposed episodes to go, its time to see public MWF polls on who Alto will end up with by the end of the series!! Lets see if the story will end with popular choice! Step right up folks.

;)

Oh and please try to keep the Ranka vs Sheryl fanboyism civil. Thanks.

Neither! :ph34r:

:blink: :blink: :blink:

you think Ranka will win because of the 'obvious' Sheryl choice? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Let's put it this way...you're watching a murder mystery. When the first person is killed, there's a guy in the next room, who says he didn't hear anything. He's also close to the scene of the second murder. Someone sees blood on his shirt after the third murder. Do you think he did it?

More than any other Macross show, Frontier has shown a desire to really f*** with our expectations. I don't know if Alto will end up with Ranka or not (I doubt it), but they're pretty clearly setting up Sheryl and Alto as a couple, just as they're blatantly announcing that Sheryl wll die from the V-Virus.

Which is why I'm pretty confident that neither will happen.

I vote sheryl, but she will likely die (telling Ranka to look after him for her), and alto will be so distraught over it that it might take years for him to even think of anyone else. when he does finally recover, I predict a new triangle between him, ranka and klan! ^^

That's probably why Klan stayed behind as well. After Sheryl dies, Alto's going to be in a slump. Klan will be there to knock some sense into him with those, um :rolleyes:, knockers of hers. She will slap some sense into him, and he'll go to Ranka FTW. :p

I side with Gubaba. I have a feeling it's not over yet. Though I still see more of a Sheryl end than a Ranka one. It's either her, or no one, or maybe a dying Sheryl pushing him towards Ranka.

So I abstain. Courteously.

More than any other Macross show, Frontier has shown a desire to really f*** with our expectations. I don't know if Alto will end up with Ranka or not (I doubt it), but they're pretty clearly setting up Sheryl and Alto as a couple, just as they're blatantly announcing that Sheryl wll die from the V-Virus.

Which is why I'm pretty confident that neither will happen.

All the evidence points to that, but now I'm thinking what if SK & Co. are doing the inverse. I mean, if they are managed to screw up almost all speculations it would be freacking funny if they do the obvious

All the evidence points to that, but now I'm thinking what if SK & Co. are doing the inverse. I mean, if they are managed to screw up almost all speculations it would be freacking funny if they do the obvious

What if they do the obvious since we're thinking that the obvious won't happen?

:wacko:

I'm going with the obvious choice. They’ve done so much setting up between alto and sheryl that it's like he's all but picked her already. if buy the end of it they had alto either not choosing here or immediately moving on to someone else after she dies it would really kill my opinion of the show and would total ruin alto as a character.

but if she dies and he moves on to someone else I'm thinking it will be klan.

Sheryl has one, there's no contest here.

Perhaps you mean, "Sheryl has won"? Is it that he kissed her? You see some people are open to the idea that since there is no direct shot of them kissing, then it didn't happen. (By the way, on the contrary, a shot of the kiss might have cheapened the scene, as in the LeonxCathy kiss). And if it didn't happen, all the comforting in the previous episode was just to help her since she's dying anyway. People are waiting for Alto to spell it out for everyone, either a direct "Sheryl/Ranka I love you" or a "Sheryl/Ranka is the one I love" told to someone else, at the last episode. :ph34r:

Speculation: I say they kissed, but the actual scene will only be shown as a flashback when Sheryl is already dead, for dramatic purposes.

Edited by mike_s_6

sheryl-sama don't die!!! you have a role to fulfill XD

i go for the obvious choice as fans these days expect the unexpected and to make the ending not sound, "I knew it all along... that they'll do the unexpected", they will go for what they have built in the recent episodes so far. XD

although sheryl dying is not out of the question.

and sheryl being cured is not out of the question as well XD

Speculation: I say they kissed, but the actual scene will only be shown as a flashback when Sheryl is already dead, for dramatic purposes.

If they didn't kiss than they at the very least rested their foreheads together, if people can't see the movement of their heads towards each other, especially in HD quality than well I'm speechless.

Not sure if Alto will be able to get either girl. Sheryl is starts to resemble Alto's mom more and more, strong but fragile by disease. It's quite possible she wont make the end of the series. Ranka regained her memories and she seems to mature at a rapid pace. It's possible she will have outgrown her crush on Alto aswell. I have trouble relating to the Alto character so am kind of indifferent about who he ends up with.

If you guys have read the synopsis for ep 23

Alto is showing affection for Sheryl by cooking for Sheryl and attending to her needs

, it is obvious that SK & Co is trying to convince us that Alto would go for Sheryl. However, as mentioned by Wolf-X, this show has always turn around our expectations, so it could be Ranka ending up with Alto (although I am rooting for Sheryl).

On the other hand, statically in other Macross series, the older female would get the male protagonist :-

Misa vs Minmay, Misa ended up with Hikaru

Sara vs. Mao, Sara ended up with Shin

Sheryl vs. Ranka, Sheryl would end with Alto ?

On the other hand, statically in other Macross series, the older female would get the male protagonist :-

Misa vs Minmay, Misa ended up with Hikaru

Sara vs. Mao, Sara ended up with Shin

Sheryl vs. Ranka, Sheryl would end with Alto ?

But then there's also:

Isamu vs. Guld, Isamu ended up with Myung

Basara vs. Gamlin, no one ended up with Mylene

In Macross Generation, the younger girl got the guy...I can't remember how Macross 7 Trash ended...

So your formula doesn't work ALL the time...

Well there's the other one: the one who saves the day usually doesn't win the triangle.

Didn't Sara save the day? Or so from what I remember :p

Yeah, there was a thread a few months ago trying to create a "Macross Formula" for the love traingle, but it really doesn't work when you get down to it, primarily because of the unresolved (and barely-there) triangle in 7, and the rather odd triangle in Plus. The only way one member could make Plus fit was by repositioning the triangle from Isamu-Myung-Guld to Sharon-Isamu-Myung...which simply doesn't exist as a viable option.

Besides, you could argue that Isamu saved the day as much as Guld did...Isamu's the one that took down the Macross, after all.

But then there's also:

Isamu vs. Guld, Isamu ended up with Myung

Basara vs. Gamlin, no one ended up with Mylene

In Macross Generation, the younger girl got the guy...I can't remember how Macross 7 Trash ended...

So your formula doesn't work ALL the time...

That formula only works where the love triangle involves two girls fighting for the guy in an animated Macross series :) Anyway I am rooting for Sheryl even though she may not survive this series.

Edited by vanpang

Didn't Sara save the day? Or so from what I remember :p

She had the ultimate fighting machine, the Birdman. :p I wonder if she will make an appearance in M:F. I am curious if she traveled to the planet that Ranka and Brera are visiting. I mean, I theorize that she has changed into a sort of spirit form by now, and in this way she can appear in Frontier.

That formula only works where the love triangle involves two girls fighting for the guy in an animated Macross series :) Anyway I am rooting for Sheryl even though she may not survive this series.

Yes, yes...if you exclude roughly half of the Macross stories, then the formula DOES work. :p

Why there's no option for VF-25? :p

My personal view: judging from Alto's personality, I think he may end up choosing no one. He isn't really interested romantically to both of them, and until the future episodes give us more concrete proof, I don't think we can make a final call on this love triangle.

Why there's no option for VF-25? :p

My personal view: judging from Alto's personality, I think he may end up choosing no one. He isn't really interested romantically to both of them, and until the future episodes give us more concrete proof, I don't think we can make a final call on this love triangle.

Just take a guess, that's the fun part about all this guess work isn't it ? To see whether you got it right at the end of the series :)