Video Games that SHOULD be turned into movies......

taksraven

- MONKEY ISLAND

- Loom

- BioShock

- Quake

- DOOM (NO! They did not make a movie about it already. *waves hand ala Jedi*)

- Unreal

- Lost Planet

- Metroid

- DARIUS (oh yes... GIANT ENEMY CRAB fish machines being hunted and shot down by silverhawks)

and finally...

- MegaMan - It can be just like the IRONMAN movie, where you see megaman do nothing more than try on new colorful suits and weapons for more than 45 minutes of the film! XD

Edited by OmegaD3k

Oh, how could I forget Full Throttle? That was a fantastic game, and someone actually strung together the video into a movie. Clean up the dialogue and story a little, redo the animation, expand on some of the characters and ideas, and you've got potential for a cult classic movie right there.

Call Of Duty 4 - Would be a cool action flick.

System Shock - I never played SS1, but I did have SS2 and it had a fabulous story, twisted and derelict ship in space, very tense atmosphere, and very little ammunition :ph34r:

TIE Fighter - The game and its expansions did have a great Star Wars storyline but from an Imperial perspective. It'd be interesting to see X-Wings in crosshairs though. The whole thing would be quite different from all Star Wars movies shown ^_^

Ikari Warriors..

I think you had to kill like a million guys to beat that game... It would be the biggest bloodbath ever to be captured on screen. Make Saving Private Ryan look like a disney film.

Ikari Warriors..

I think you had to kill like a million guys to beat that game... It would be the biggest bloodbath ever to be captured on screen. Make Saving Private Ryan look like a disney film.

Great idea, only as long is there is a selectable option to add a kill tally esculating numbr in the bottom left or right corner. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Has anyone mentioned Contra? Another great Toynami game from the late 80's. If my memory serves me right I think there was a movie made for this one...

:wacko:

OO

Dang you beat me to it.....and i think u meant Konami. :p It will be exactly what Hollywood wants. Two great american heroes (Bill Rizer and Lance Bean) taking on cybernetic villains and aliens filled with action and SFX. And Chris Kline (vertexguy) should do the movie's OST. ;)

Other games to be made into movies.....

Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn (2 & 3 don't exist....2 & 3 don't exist)

Wing Commander....which unfortunately was already done and sucked so bad

Descent Freespace....need my space opera fix

System Shock

Bio Shock

Fallout

Starcraft

Mechwarrior

That's really EPIC. I would prefer Phantasy Star movies over Final Fantasy movies, I'm surprise that someone actually mentioned it here. B))

Personally I would like to see

Macross

Parasite Eve (ok there was one PE movie in the 90s, but it failed I guess)

Well, the PE movie wasn't based on the game anyways.

It was a film adaptation of the original horror novel that the games are sequels to.

Theres a Parasite Eve movie?!?!?!?!?!

*Rushes to Youtube*

that actually looks ok :)

the parasyte eve movie is kinda stupid imho... but some people like it... different strokes

I think they could actually do alright with many games if they made them into a miniseries. I mean... all of them don't have to be made for theaters. RPGs would probably do well either as super long movies, or miniseries, while other games could probably be boiled down to 90-120m easily.

For the record, I'd actually be interested in seeing a FFT movie (w/o the turn based stuff lol). That game had a pretty sweet story.

Edited by Max Jenius

I really think Hollywood should stay far far away from VG franchises especially good ones. Things like Half-Life or Mass Effect don't need a movie version. The format they are in has become a perfectly viable method to tell the specific stories. Also for some massive game like Mass Effect or to cover the entire Half-Life story, you'd need to do multiple movies and quite frankly do you really need to see actors in something you've already experienced? Books are a little different since one is a visual media where the other isn't. Hollywood needs to leave games alone. Just my two cents.