Video Games that SHOULD be turned into movies......

taksraven

Come on, there are plenty of games out there that should be on the big screen if they insist. Games with more plot and interesting storylines than the likes of DOOM.

My quick picks for adaptations that would have potential:

MANHUNT - Hollywood loves violence and horror. It would be great.

Soldier of Fortune - A new Rambo for the 21st century. (With cooler guns than Rambo)

Baldurs Gate series - Could be done cheaper than LOTR and would be interesting.

Anybody else got any suggestions??

Taksraven

FINAL FANTASY SEVEN LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111

Seriously...

I think they COULD make a great Metroid movie.

I also think they WON'T make a great Metroid movie.

And to be mildly creative...

Maybe the 90s Battlezone game? You know, the RTS/FPS hybrid?

America VS the Commies IN SPACE! WITH HOVERTANKS!

How is that NOT a recipe for complete awesome?

I think JBO's observation applies to pretty much any game you can think of. There's potential to turn most any videogame into a good movie. Unfortunately, in the current movie industry culture it is highly unlikely to happen. Even anime versions of videogames tend to be on the poor side.

I think an animated Metal Slug could be a blast (pun intended). Though I hear Japanese audiences tend to react poorly to the kind of dark humour I suspect a good Metal Slug movie would require.

Actually, a Castlevania movie is apparently on the way, courtesy of (sound of dreams being crushed) Paul Anderson, of AvP fame!

I hear there's also an animated Castlevania in the works, though I believe it's a related project. I hear Warren Ellis was writing that one.

Duke Nukem.

Good man.. I thought you were kind of retarded, but you DO see the light. Awesome.

I think they should make a Duke Nukem movie (staring me or possibly Chuck Lidell or really crazy with Markus Ruhl), then after the movie, they should stop making movies forever.. There is no better script that could ever be made to a movie ever.

Good man.. I thought you were kind of retarded, but you DO see the light. Awesome.

I think they should make a Duke Nukem movie (staring me or possibly Chuck Lidell or really crazy with Markus Ruhl), then after the movie, they should stop making movies forever.. There is no better script that could ever be made to a movie ever.

Maybe... but think of just HOW bad a bad DN movie could be... the risk may be too great.

My retnas! It burns IT BURNS AARRRAGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on i didn't say anything bad about your muscles dude, just a little funny with Golgo13 stuck on that's all. :p

Maybe... but think of just HOW bad a bad DN movie could be... the risk may be too great.

Movie full of wise cracking one liners, Pipe Bombs (oh yeah) and hot chicks (that are hopefully not impregnated atleast)? how can it not be full of win.

It's been a long time in coming, the return of the all american big muscled hero where Stallone and Arnie left off. Rock? bah.

spose it could work, i gotta look up Chuck Lidell tho... sorry i'm not into WWF WCC whatever they call it.

Make it R rated for the fans! Not a PG The Rock turns Nanny gay adaption! We want Horror! Splats! Ohhh YEAhS!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...vision&cd=3

Yeah he could pull it off. UFC fighter as well, good choice.

good link!!! >> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0228246/quotes <<

I would be severely dissapointed if they didn't use all and more of the quotes listed from the game.

Especially the sh^t down the neck one. That's bad ass.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Come on, there are plenty of games out there that should be on the big screen if they insist. Games with more plot and interesting storylines than the likes of DOOM.

My quick picks for adaptations that would have potential:

MANHUNT - Hollywood loves violence and horror. It would be great.

Soldier of Fortune - A new Rambo for the 21st century. (With cooler guns than Rambo)

Baldurs Gate series - Could be done cheaper than LOTR and would be interesting.

Anybody else got any suggestions??

Taksraven

CALL OF DUTY 4: Modern Warfare would be nice. The SAS missions were so awesome that I would love to see some backstory of Gaz & Capt. Price.