In Okinawa, Japan need to find supplies

Evil Bones

I am new to these forums and newish to Okinawa ( been here a yr..lol)

I recently found two local model shops & found MACROSS models!!!! :lol:

OOOhhhh.... toys of my youth.

Being deployed here i did not bring my modeling supplies from the states :angry:

i am able to get tamiya & Mr. Hobby products but do not know enough to find substitutes for:

Future floor wax

alclad metalizers

micro sol

Any one with any detals or suggestions would be helpfull.

Will post pics of my new purchaces.

Jason

Look i'm a NINJA!! :ph34r:

I am new to these forums and newish to Okinawa ( been here a yr..lol)

Okinawa! My father's from Okinawa.

I love Okinawa and it's laid back atmosphere. Not to mention the weather. Lived there for a year back in '96-'97.

Anyway to answer your question. Future Floor Wax is probably impossible to get. Maybe you might find it at a base PX if you can get inside. The last resort would be to import it via online.

In Japan the standard acrylic clear coat is usually Gunze's Top Coat spray which is easily found at hobby shops.

As for Micosol or Microset, the alternative in Japan is Gunze's Mr. Mark Softner and Mr. Mark Setter.

I hope this helps.

Floor wax , you can seek at DIY shop "Make-man" or "SAKUMOTO"

DIY shop MAKE-MAN group

Main shop Guskuma-Urasoe HQ :Aza-Gusukuma 2689 Urasoe-City Okinawa

(Near the Camp Kinser GUSUKUMA GATE-3 or near to Pizza-House.)

Home DIY shop SAKUMOTO group

Main shop Urasoe HQ :Makiminato(machinato)1-61-18 Urasoe-City Okinawa

(Near the Camp Kinser GATE-4 or near to" IBANO machinato BBQ".)

10018421643.jpg

I and my husband (who is now in the hospital scheduled from last thursday to the next saturday(10 days)because of

"Sensorineural hearing loss", ah I feel down...)has been lived in the nearest area to Camp Kinser GATE-1 (NAKANISHI)

in Urasoe-City.

These shop material are rich , consider to island material circulation barrier to main-land JAPAN.

But all of shop owner can't recognize English, you may take your friend or lover for interpreter.

Okinawa model shop list

"Yon-Ku-dou"(Trans.4wd house) /every tuesday is shop-holiday)

Takahara 6-2-30 Okinawa-city, JAPAN

(Macross model many!)

"Yon-Ku-dou"

shop09.jpg

shop07.jpg

shop06.jpg

"Variety hobby TIME"

Teruya 3-3-4 Okinawa-city, JAPAN

(Macross model many!)

shop05.jpg

shop01.jpg

shop03.jpg

"Shima model shop" (trans.Islands model shop)

Aragusuku(shin-jou) 1-37-16 Ginowan-city

(Hasegawa Vf-1 many!" YF-21,VF-22 limited edition, macross stand etc.)

shop17.jpg

shop15.jpg

Other OKINAWA model shop stock are very poor....no remarkings!

Left image:Home DIY shop "SAKUMOTO" main shop

Right: DIY shop "Make-man" main shop

post-1627-1220762925_thumb.jpg

post-1627-1220763051_thumb.jpg

Edited by yui1107

Yui1107,

thanks for all the good information. I will have to go down to the DIY.

i have been to the Yon-ku-dou shop, it is right down the mountain (hill) from me.

The Shima shop is awesome. He has a ton of models & is very helpfull. There is a bonus also, he is on my way to work.

I do not know where the other shop is located i cannot read japanese :angry:

you may be able to give me directions though. i live near 330 & the awase golf course between Foster & Kadena.

thanks again Yui

Evil

"Variety hobby TIME"

shop05.jpg

shop01.jpg

shop03.jpg

(Macross model many! new boxart VF-1D ,VF-2 "SONIC-BIRDS" special VF-1A etc.

But September 4 present time list, if anyone who buy them and sold-out is sorry!)

Edited by yui1107

mainlogo2.gif

TRADMARK.GIF

Okinawa modeler's club MOASHIBI

komink.GIF

The 14th work exhibition

Date: September 21, 2008 (Sunday)

Time:AM 11:00~PM5:00

Main theme in this year: Diorama vignette.

The place: The exhibition is in the first floor in Okinawa publlic City-central.

(Yaeshima(八重島) 1-1-1 Okinawa-city, near to the " KORINZA shopping mall " or " Public working-woman communication house ". )MAP

Cautions! : "Okinawa Civic Hall" stands next to the "publlic City-central" 's left.

Many of English guests or viewer has mistaken go to "left" Civic Halll and they seek "model exhibition" will be found instead of "another music-show" or "Okinawan-dance".

The 14th exhibitton at the Okinawa City-central annpunce (JAPANESE)

BBS board is MOASHIBI commnicate bbs " 掲示板 " side-bar Frame-style index menu!

Edited by yui1107

Fiigure shop "Secret box"

沖縄県宜野湾市 字愛知394 1F右

1F-right Aza-Aichi 394 Ginowan-City,OKINAWA / 13:00-24:00. shop-holiday is Wednesday

MAP

Figure only shop , they has NO kinds of Plastic models, but CM'S Macross figure and Scheduled Macrosss Fronteer series in December 2008.

"Secret Box" in Ginowan-City has CM'S Macross collection Minmay special

minmei3.jpg

Scheduled November new CM'S figure

minmay_r1_c1.jpg

Macross Fronteer HGIF real figure made by BANDAI in December!

macross_f_HGIF.jpg

ga.sbcr.jp Article

Edited by yui1107

宜野湾市新城2-45-9

Aragusuku (Shinjou)2-45-9 Ginowan-City

Phone:098-892-3595 (English Okay)

Every wednesday is shop-holiday.

(AM11:00-PM20:00)

shop20.jpg

Frank Hobby Shop

The stock do well, but inferior to SHIMA-model shop. Especially latest issue models....If you know "Shima model Shop" , soon you can seek that shop because of the place near to "Sima-model shop"!.

You down "FUTENMA-intersection" down to "Deigo-street" to Route-58 which right-side is Camp Foster.  The photo image's left , that neighbor shop is "Frank Plaza"

MAP

Edited by yui1107

Teruya 3-3-4 Okinawa-city MAP from Google JAPAN MAP

"Variety hobby TIME"

shop05.jpg

2F is apartment "Midori heim" (Middori hights=「ミドリハイツ」) painted by each characters by green.

1F right side of the shop タイム is bicycle and unicycle and more motor-cycle tires maintenance area. 

A.M.10:30 to P.M.20:30 open seven days in a week ecept for SHOGATSU(Jan.1-3) and OKINAWA-OBON(Aug.14-16)

4543112555250_img07.jpg

4543112555250_img02.jpg

4543112555250_img03.jpg

Edited by yui1107

• 2 weeks later...

To Evil Bones, more picture image to hobby-figure shop "SECRET-BOX".

PH1219730533.jpg

YF-21 (YAMATO The GN-U [DOU] )!

S_BOX_0922_a.jpg

S_BOX_0922_b.jpg

I think that it is joyous you were able to discover SECRET-BOX .

September 22, I get pre-reserved YF-21 BATTROID (GN-U 〔DOU〕) in the "secret box".

It is an appropriate price if it thinks the carriage from Tokyo to Okinawa hangs though the price was 3,150 yen in sales at suggested prices.

GN_U-DOU_YF-21_C.jpg

b892273995dc5f9d.jpg

Edited by yui1107

"Variety hobby TIME"

shop05.jpg

shop01.jpg

shop03.jpg

(Macross model many! new boxart VF-1D ,VF-2 "SONIC-BIRDS" special VF-1A etc.

But September 4 present time list, if anyone who buy them and sold-out is sorry!)

Now that looks like a Hobby Shop to me, Wish we some like that here!!! Everytime I go to a Hobby shop whether here in KS, MO or when I lived in Los Angeles, they are always dark, dank, under stocked and no variety.....Rude as hell service too!!!

I'll bet these shops have every type of Anime model, Car, bike & aircraft kit you could want with service & a smile to match!!!

To just walk in and by a brand new Macross Kit, that would make my day!!! :)

Now that looks like a Hobby Shop to me, Wish we some like that here!!! Everytime I go to a Hobby shop whether here in KS, MO or when I lived in Los Angeles, they are always dark, dank, under stocked and no variety.....Rude as hell service too!!!

I'll bet these shops have every type of Anime model, Car, bike & aircraft kit you could want with service & a smile to match!!!

To just walk in and by a brand new Macross Kit, that would make my day!!! :)

The shops here in Okinawa are quite nice. Some of the shops here are small & a lil dark. But i have yet to walk into any of these shops and find them under stocked. I personally do not speak Japanese, but all the shop owners have made me feel very welcome.

Gundam is the mainstay of every shop i have been in. but there are always a few Macross kits and tons of Anima, Military& vehicle kits.

I do wish some of the shops back stateside where as well stocked (variety of kits) and as friendly as the owners are here in Oki.

Laters, Evil

250.jpg

Today I seek BANDAI 1/72 VF-25 "Alto special" stocked in that store! (4,725yen→20%sales off 3780yen) 

Because I wanted you to obtain it, this commodity was not bought.

However, when other guests buy it, I want you to permit.

”KOJIMA” NAHA SHOP MAP

Map guide : You runs your car to Naha while seeing "the Camp kinzer GATE-1" right ..along the route 58 to NAHA.

Do not cross the elevated "Aja"(安謝)bridge, and pass the left lane for Naha.

(Shopping mall on business houres: 10:30- 22:00)

KOJIMA shoppng mall is a counter at which the interior side at the left of the third floor aims.

020003photo_top.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another one, "YAMADA DENKI" also BANDAI 1/72 VF-25 "Alto special" stocked in that store! (4,725yen→20%sales off 3780yen) 

Because I wanted you to obtain it, this commodity was not bought.

However, when other guests buy it, I want you to permit.

YAMADA shoppng mall is a counter at which the interior side at the left of the third floor aims,too.

YAMADA DENKI TECH-LAND URASOE

YAMADA DENKI Detail MAP

20080913a.jpg

urasoe003.gif

20080913c.jpg

Edited by yui1107

Thanks for all the great info.

I went and got my kit today

I got my kit from kojima..they had about 3 left on the shelf.

the other store did not have any left. but the did have a good modeling section.

KOJIMA has great stock of VF-25. I'm glad to your Satisfaction.

Now I don’t have any money to buy three kits. However, I dream three models are bought, assembled, and the showcase is decorated in each form(Fighter/Gerwalk/Battloid) sooner or later.

In "YAMADA-DENKI", it is regrettable to be 1/72 VF-25 sold out of the commodity which you looks for.

However, the "YAMADA-DENKI" shopping-mall has the model construction material enhanced more than "KOJIMA". (KOTOBUKIYA, M.S.G→”Modeling Support Goods” 、Poly-cap series, WAVE H-EYES , BJ-Plastic support series etc.)

img10413862146.jpeg

KOTOBUKIYA Etching-unit-sheet ”Mecha Detail 05" (EM005)

em005dtl.gif

Edited by yui1107

• 5 years later...

Sorry to drag up this thread... but want to check if any of these shops are still there in Okinawa? Going there on holiday for Christmas and hoping to score some Macross. Aside from the model shops are there any toy shops selling DX Chogokin? How about vintage shops like Mandarake?