Macross Frontier Episode 22 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Ratings?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 22 rating?

• Positive (I say we MDE the Vajra from orbit. Only way to be sure.)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Ranka is a self-centered b*tch. Sheryl will die of Space AIDS)

That's what I think, too, but it bothers me that he tried to shoot down his former comrades nonetheless. It doesn't make sense. Or maybe he's just a moron.

Technically, Alto IS a blockheaded moron who can't figure out that a super cute girl and a super sexy idol (whose loss of underwear alone could send almost all the male students of a school into a crazed frenzy), both with REAL talent to boot, are head over heals over him despite of his obvious and painful character flaws. As far as I'm concerned, both Ranka and Sheryl deserve a better.

Ozma and Cathy are the best couple in Macross to date. Real MAN + Real WOMAN.

But seriously, Alto was obviously enraged by the fact that one of Ozma's missiles almost waxed Luca, and he simply couldn't get why at the moment.

To Ozma, protecting Cathy and Ranka is his top priority, he does not care whether he has to shoot down Alto or Luca to do that. Even then, I think he nuts trying blow Luca into space dusts !

maybe ozma knows about luca being a worm that is supporting leon. luca did fire first.

Edited by sucker4meltrans

maybe ozma knows about luca being a worm that is supporting leon. luca did fire first.

But I am not convince that Luca is aware that Leon/Grace would assassinate Howard Glass, or did I miss something ? Even Luca would try to stop the assassination if he knew about in advance.

Ja, Luca has worked with Leon, but Leon was the President's assistant and a high ranking public official. Luca probably still doesn't know about the coup d'etat. Though, of course, we've no idea what the contents of the SMS message were. It's entirely possible that Luca and Alto do know, but consider the Vajra to be the bigger threat, letting their emotions get in the way of reason. I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

leon cooties can be killed with lots of manly loving from fire bomber fanatics.

Leon cooties are similar to protodevlin and are vulnerable to anima spiritia?

That's what I think, too, but it bothers me that he tried to shoot down his former comrades nonetheless. It doesn't make sense. Or maybe he's just a moron.

It wasn't shown on screen, but Ozma had "Alto is a girl" painted on his valk.

Edited by d3v

But Dude, she's got Leon cooties. Ewwwww... :p

Based on what I've seen so far, it's crystal clear that her only true MAN was, is and always will be Ozma. That little fling with Leon and the supposed wedding was all just an extremely well executed ruse to get in on his true agenda and the truth of all the backdoor conspiracies that might have been going on even before Episode 1. Of course, they had a little talk about the inadequacies they perceived in each other, but that's normal among lovers and in fact shows the level of intimate trust that allows them to be bluntly honest with each others thoughts and feelings.

Note that it was mentioned that the late Howard Glass never knew of her affair with his then aide Mr. Leon Mishima. Normally, in a loving and reasonably functional family family such as Cathy's, one's parents would be one of if not the first people to know about your impending wedding.

Cathy was willing to use her womanly charms for a good cause, not just for selfish gain like so many gold-diggers I see in real life. For that she earns my eternal respect. Not to mention she's highly intelligent, well educated, and extremely capable in her chosen job.

Unfortunately, to gain intimate trust of Leon, sacrifices had to be made. Thankfully, the spy mission itself was a success.

Edited by VF-25S Full Armour

I see a macross frontier season 2 featuring the macross galaxy and we'll have a macross to macross fight

PURE AWESOMENESS!!! XD

they'll only answer some of the big questions and leave many/some others for a season 2 as mf is enjoying a good fanbase XD

they could end in a macross zero way and answer the other questions in season 2 for all I care XD

just make these points definitive:

1.) end of the triangler (sheryl-alto-ranka)

2.) what is up with that planet in the end of episode 22

3.) some major character deaths and make them real dead

4.) what is it with all these vajra - what are they, what are their purpose, etc

then they could just go off to answer the other questions in season 2 with macross galaxy as the enemy - I think galaxy's screentime is really needed and introducing them in these last 3 episodes will really feel rushed.

This is exactly what I'd love to happen. But I refuse to hold my breath or hope too much, lest I be let down.

Not really happy about the GG interpretation of the microorganism that has infected Sheryl. Clearly they are virions, and are portrayed as such by their structure. Not that I expect the translators to know much about Virology.

I wonder how Alto is going to get back in the action with the SMS Pirates now so far away. Does Leon want to defer from his goal for a bit and head for the Vajra planet? Perhaps he will just because that looks like an earth-like planet, capable of replenishing Frontier's resources.

I'd actually be rather disappointed if they cleared a second season just because they had too many loose ends lying around. Macross has always been a one season story for me, scripted into one coherent whole. I wouldn't object too loudly if they did an OAV exploring some kind of side plot, similar to what Macross 7 got, but I'd be disappointed if there was a full second season of Frontier, unless they had planned to push for one all along. I expect the series may end somewhat open-ended, as usual, but the 1-25 story arc seems self-contained to me (at least from what we know so far :)). I'd be at a loss for how you could extend it without cheapening it, unless you switched the focus to different characters, and then it wouldn't really be so much a second season in the usual sense.

I'd actually be rather disappointed if they cleared a second season just because they had too many loose ends lying around. Macross has always been a one season story for me, scripted into one coherent whole. I wouldn't object too loudly if they did an OAV exploring some kind of side plot, similar to what Macross 7 got, but I'd be disappointed if there was a full second season of Frontier, unless they had planned to push for one all along. I expect the series may end somewhat open-ended, as usual, but the 1-25 story arc seems self-contained to me (at least from what we know so far :)). I'd be at a loss for how you could extend it without cheapening it, unless you switched the focus to different characters, and then it wouldn't really be so much a second season in the usual sense.

Er....but they did it with SDF:M. Well, first they cut it short, but then when it became popular they wound up adding episodes.

Not really happy about the GG interpretation of the microorganism that has infected Sheryl. Clearly they are virions, and are portrayed as such by their structure. Not that I expect the translators to know much about Virology.

Take issue with what the script writers had Luca say and not gg. He said specifically "aru saikin," which translates directly to "a certain bacterium" - not virus. He uses "saikin" (bacteria) again later in his elaborate explanation as well.

Edited by veffidas

Take issue with what the script writers had Luca say and not gg. He said specifically "aru saikin," which translates directly to "a certain bacterium" - not virus. He uses "saikin" (bacteria) again later in his elaborate explanation as well.

I attribute the flub to it being an engineer trying to explain a biological process. Not an uncommon occurance in my experience :)

Remember the early rumors about the series, and something about two different stories, i.e. one about Frontier, one about Galaxy? Mayhaps the second series will indeed be Macross Galaxy, told from their perspective about barely escaping alive from Vajra attack & Grace's faction, getting lost due to some crazy fold distortion, and trying to rush back to Frontier's aid before Grace does the same to them. Hell, maybe they'll hook up with Quarter. Double hell, maybe they'll hook up with Megaroad-01 (not too freakin' likely!!).

Remember the early rumors about the series, and something about two different stories, i.e. one about Frontier, one about Galaxy? Mayhaps the second series will indeed be Macross Galaxy, told from their perspective about barely escaping alive from Vajra attack & Grace's faction, getting lost due to some crazy fold distortion, and trying to rush back to Frontier's aid before Grace does the same to them. Hell, maybe they'll hook up with Quarter. Double hell, maybe they'll hook up with Megaroad-01 (not too freakin' likely!!).

The impression I got was that Galaxy never came under Vajra attack, that the message was a complete fake. When they cut to that scene of the Galaxy fleet safe and sound, they didn't look damaged at all, whereas in the communication we see huge chunks torn out of the colony ship as the battle was raging.

ranka will take the place of sara nome in birdman ahehehe

As someone before already pointed out, Ranka IS (from all angles and sides) THE main girl, although the English-speaking audience prefers the voluptuous Sheryl far better. Also, Mao Nome did not die nor fly away...it was the sexy elder sister Sara! As someone pointed out earlier, the Japanese like it this way. The Ranka/Mao link was established in ep 10 anyway, but Sheryl is also a NOME...so I could be wrong.

Maybe Alto Hime deserves no girl at the end, and both part (die, leave, ??) because he's been a complete arsehole

for shooting Ozma defending Luca??

only 3 more episodes to go?

Edited by regult

I don't really buy the "Macross has always been _________" arguments I see in various places. As Radd pointed out, the final arc of the original series was added after the fact when the series was going to end at episode 27. We all know that story. A Macross TV series has also never been as short as Frontier looks to be, so obviously things are different with this incarnation. If there was a second season and it ended up being about 50 episodes, it'd be the same length as M7, so would that make any difference to you?

Yet who has a Shinn Asuka avatar ;)?

Still this episode showed us the perfect way to tie up all loose ends. Introduce two seperate groups and let each group handle a different plot point, that way we'll get all our information and plot together without some really lame twists.

Haha! Well, I liked Shinn, he was an ashhole. :lol: I think it would be a good idea for them to tell the story from the perspective of the Galaxy fleet running from the Vajra and trying to save Frontier, the only question asked is...who is saving who? Well, yeah, that's all I have for now, this desert heat is killing me right now. :wacko:

Not only the English fandom. Sheryl leads in Japanese polls too.

Going by the doujins and fanart volume of Ranka rather than Sheryl, i really doubt that. ^_^

Have a link to said poll?

Edited by wolfx

just read some spoilers in wikipedia for up to episode 25.

so who will be

the one singing in the battle 25 stage? ala minmay in dyrl mode perhaps?

i mean, someone from the two will sing a song "not originally sung by the her" ^_^

like minmay singing ai oboete imasuka - which misa found the lyrics that fits perfectly with the existing mysterious musical score

Leave the spoilers for the "Frontier news" thread, that's what it's there for. (really, it should be renamed the spoilers and rumors thread)

Anyways--I just watched ep 3 again, and at Guillame's funeral, Ozma mentions to/warns Alto that there's no tombstone or funeral for SMS. So how was Klan sitting at Michel's grave? Continuity error, or was he considered a student/civilian still? ::edit:: Nevermind, just found it was already discussed. (it's hard to track the ep threads without being spoiled---I never watch the eps or read the thread until after I've seen subs)

Leave the spoilers for the "Frontier news" thread, that's what it's there for. (really, it should be renamed the spoilers and rumors thread)

Anyways--I just watched ep 3 again, and at Guillame's funeral, Ozma mentions to/warns Alto that there's no tombstone or funeral for SMS. So how was Klan sitting at Michel's grave? Continuity error, or was he considered a student/civilian still?

*GASP* A new mod enters the fray!!!! ^_^

I'm just surprised that Leon/NUNS let Alto and Luca fly in pursuit of SMS at all.

I would have grounded them until there'd been sufficient time to prove their loyalty, not let them fly after the Macross Quarter.

Heck for all Leon/NUNS knew they could just have been pretending to join NUNS and then flown off with their brand new VF-171EX to rejoin SMS.

And what's with Klan? She didn't go with SMS, but didn't seem to be with NUNS either.

Graham