Macross Frontier Episode 22 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Ratings?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 22 rating?

• Positive (I say we MDE the Vajra from orbit. Only way to be sure.)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Ranka is a self-centered b*tch. Sheryl will die of Space AIDS)

AHHH! my ETA counter on uTorrent is going up not down. Why is the last 5% taking so long?!!

Edit: OK, done! And to think I was about to go to bed. What the hell was I thinking? One more chance to see Grace give Nanase a run for her money. :p What an image to remember before I dream tonight. :rolleyes:

Edited by sharky

AHHH! my ETA counter on uTorrent is going up not down. Why is the last 5% taking so long?!!

Edit: OK, done! And to think I was about to go to bed. What the hell was I thinking? One more chance to see Grace give Nanase a run for her money. :p What an image to remember before I dream tonight. :rolleyes:

Bahaha, when I saw the raw, I was thinking the same thing. Good to fill in the blanks before I go to sleep. My japanese isnt very good, but I usually get the general idea.

of all times to have problems with torrent.

I ended up downloading the script and tweaking the timing to work with the MBS raws. There are certain turns of dialogue that are helpful to have here. I think Sheryl's dilemma ended up confusing me though with this transation.

The conversation between Leon , Luca and Sheryl was a bit lost on me. When Luca was explaining the progression of the disease, it was implied that she may be too far gone for Vajra serum to work on her but it wasn't really clear. I also couldn't tell if they were trying to dangle a carrot in front of her to work with them. (If they find Vajra, kill Vajra, there's "serum" potentially to be made if she can still respond to it.) Either way it sounds like they want her to sing, but that's becuase she's ill ... so it feels like a weird dilemma.

The end conversation between Ozma and Alto worked for me, although Alto's scream seems still unexplained to me. Was it the frustration of not being able to follow? Or was it the frustration that he realized Ozma was right? Or maybe everything :3

Looks like L&L ask sheryl to sing because she already crosses the no cure line and that's the reason why she now can produce fold waves

all this for the sake of humanity...

Now I need a explanation. Did Ozma said that they not tell alto because he's a hothead. So in the end they're trying to protect him or WTF???

The end conversation between Ozma and Alto worked for me, although Alto's scream seems still unexplained to me. Was it the frustration of not being able to follow? Or was it the frustration that he realized Ozma was right? Or maybe everything :3

To me is frustration. The path chosen for Alto now is stay with Sheryl till the end, uncapable to do anything, while the others still have a chance.

Maybe there will be a flashback episode for Michael. I can see Klan Klan sitting down with Sheryl and telling her how she first met Michael. Similar to how Claudia and Misa had a talk of Roy over a bottle of wine on a cold rainy night. :)

Hm. While we wait for the sub...

When Sheryl sang and Leon and Cathy were poking around wreckage, was that a hydra that showed up?

Just curious. Kind of interesting to me, as I was wondering if that had some significance in itself. Ranka attracts Vajra, Sheryl hydras? (Are they even supposed to be there?)

Yes it was. Hydra kittens are cute when they're not big and wanna eat you. What makes you say sheryl attracts hydras? As for significance, apparently the hydra population have been infected with V-type virus and were supposedly cullled as mentioned by president Glass.

With subs now Leon tells grace that there can only be one ruler of the galaxy. Does this confirm that Frontier houses the NUNs government presidency?

of all times to have problems with torrent.

I ended up downloading the script and tweaking the timing to work with the MBS raws. There are certain turns of dialogue that are helpful to have here. I think Sheryl's dilemma ended up confusing me though with this transation.

The conversation between Leon , Luca and Sheryl was a bit lost on me. When Luca was explaining the progression of the disease, it was implied that she may be too far gone for Vajra serum to work on her but it wasn't really clear. I also couldn't tell if they were trying to dangle a carrot in front of her to work with them. (If they find Vajra, kill Vajra, there's "serum" potentially to be made if she can still respond to it.) Either way it sounds like they want her to sing, but that's becuase she's ill ... so it feels like a weird dilemma.

Seemed pretty straightforward to me. More like the symptoms in sheryl have reached irreversibility and she's bound to die soon and nothing can be done to save her. But at the same time, the side effect was she being able to produce faint fold waves which are amplified by her fold quartz earrings. I think this has to do with Project Fairy mentioned by Grace by purposefully making v-type carriers to produce fold waves in an attempt to copy the success which is Ranka Lee. (which apparently does not need vtype infection) Perhaps they thought the project failed because Sheryl was unable to produce fold waves but now able to since she is nearing a final stages of the disease, something grace and co . failed to realise since they were suppressing the disease.

I still think Vajra uses v-type virus to try and attempt communications with humans.

Yes it was. Hydra kittens are cute when they're not big and wanna eat you. What makes you say sheryl attracts hydras? As for significance, apparently the hydra population have been infected with V-type virus and were supposedly cullled as mentioned by president Glass.

With subs now Leon tells grace that there can only be one ruler of the galaxy. Does this confirm that Frontier houses the NUNs government presidency?

No. It confirms this is what Leon is aiming for, a key being uniting the galaxy and controlling the means of this unification, the fold quartz. Grace and Galaxy seem to be aiming for something beyond that however.

People on these boards harped that the SDF-4 was retcon, however I disagree. Nowhere had it ever been stated that no more SDF battleships were ever produced, that was an assumption made by fans. For all we know Kawamori always envisioned more SDF ships were built, but there was never a reason to bring it up until now.

:ph34r: That reminds me of this picture:

post-7772-1220780242_thumb.jpg

Well, I think it's safe to assume that we now know the reason why Grace switched her blood samples; she wanted Sheryl to get to this point.

If the Frontier medical staff could detect the V-type infection earlier, they may have been able to treat it, which would have wrecked Grace's experiment.

Not that it matters anymore now that they were able to find Ranka. Still, it should be interesting. Ranka and Sheryl can now act as human walkie-talkies.

Edited by sdf2501

No. It confirms this is what Leon is aiming for, a key being uniting the galaxy and controlling the means of this unification, the fold quartz. Grace and Galaxy seem to be aiming for something beyond that however.

The galaxy is already unified under NUNS.......

The galaxy is already unified under NUNS.......

Technically, only the parts of the galaxy that the NUN has explored is unified. The fold quartz will help whoever is in the helm of the NUN cover more territory for unification under the NUN.

Zolan kittens in their mama's pouch is just a cute too.

Just rewatch with gg subs, one awesome episode !

I just could not believe Ozma was willing to shoot to kill Luca ! Following your path is one thing but to shoot a former comrade, that's really nuts !

I just hope Sheryl don't die at the end of this series, otherwise I am going to personally go to Japan and kick SK's butt ! :)

Just saw the gg's subs so I was wondering with the speculation on did "Alto and Sheryl do IT or NOT?" dying out. :) Can we now focus on the seond part of the episode like..........

...Did Ozma and the CF-25s with him take out the 4th Sqaudron that Alto and Luca were flying with? :blink: With the last scene were Alto screamed in frustration and MQ folding, we only saw Alto's & Luca's VF-171s, which made me think that they killd the other VF-171 pilots of the 4th Squadron.

The end conversation between Ozma and Alto worked for me, although Alto's scream seems still unexplained to me.Was it the frustration of not being able to follow? Or was it the frustration that he realized Ozma was right? Or maybe everything :3

That's what got me a bit frustrated with this episode. :mellow:

What was Alto's scream about? Was it:

a) frustration at not being able to decide a "path" for himself? But if that it so has'nt Alto technically choosen a "path" in staying with Sheryl for the rest of her days?

b) feelings of betrayal at not being taken along or being abandoned by SMS?

c) frustration at not being able to DO IT with Sheryl? :lol:

d) all of the above and then some? :ph34r:

Now I need a explanation. Did Ozma said that they not tell alto because he's a hothead. So in the end they're trying to protect him or WTF???

Did'nt he recieve the same message as the other members of SMS? Although IIRC he did not read the meassage right away.

EDIT: YAY!!! I pwnz Page 18!!! :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

I don't think this has been pointed out yet.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c111/Red...terRankaMDE.jpg

Monster Ranka MDE?

I think somebody already pointed out earlier either here on the other threads. :)

BTW....I almost forgot to mention.......

OZMA is the MAN!!!!! :lol:

Sorry, I'm not an adult......

I'm a MAN!!!!

That line is so full of AWESOME!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

Now with subs, everything makes more sense...

So Grace's excuse for genocide is that people are an obstacle for her plans... The true queen of the Vajra is in the Triangler/Vajra/Protoculture planet... Could that be one of the Nomes in the remains of the Birdman? (Perhaps "the belt" originated from it?).

:blink:

Just saw the episode. Absolutely brilliant.

It really puts it into sharp relief how slow a lot of people are on the pick-up, though. It's perfectly understandable why some of the characters in the show view the Vajra as enemies to be destroyed, but come on people! How is it that there are still viewers who believe that? Frontier is a great show and all, but it's not exactly complicated.

Just saw the gg's subs so I was wondering with the speculation on did "Alto and Sheryl do IT or NOT?" dying out. :) Can we now focus on the seond part of the episode like..........

...Did Ozma and the CF-25s with him take out the 4th Sqaudron that Alto and Luca were flying with? :blink: With the last scene were Alto screamed in frustration and MQ folding, we only saw Alto's & Luca's VF-171s, which made me think that they killd the other VF-171 pilots of the 4th Squadron.

I don't know, but Ozma and company were not out to kill, they were buying time.

That's what got me a bit frustrated with this episode. :mellow:

What was Alto's scream about? Was it:

a) frustration at not being able to decide a "path" for himself? But if that it so has'nt Alto technically choosen a "path" in staying with Sheryl for the rest of her days?

b) feelings of betrayal at not being taken along or being abandoned by SMS?

c) frustration at not being able to DO IT with Sheryl? :lol:

d) all of the above and then some? :ph34r:

e) None of the above.

Did'nt he recieve the same message as the other members of SMS? Although IIRC he did not read the meassage right away.

Yeah, they showed him finally sitting down to read the message. He was not abandoned. He was let in on it. Luca, too. They chose to stay anyways. To be fair, we don't know just how much the message revealed. They might not know what Leon did. But Alto, at the very least, should have begun to at least entertain the possibility that all was not as it seemed with the Vajra. Perhaps him more than anyone on the Quarter. But he, like Luca, are now driven by the hatred that's come from losing so much to the Vajra attacks.

Why did Alto scream at the end? Several likely reasons, though I'm sure it will be made more clear by his actions in episode 23.

a) Maybe he feels betrayed by his comrades, whose point of view he simply cannot understand.

b) Maybe it's finally begun to realize that he's let his hatred blind him, and that he made the wrong choice.

c) Maybe it was frustration, that he still could not best Ozma, who he possibly now feels has betrayed him.

To be sure, there's gotta be a lot weighing down on Alto right now.

I don't know, but Ozma and company were not out to kill, they were buying time.

I'm not sure about not being out to kill them. IIRC, Ozma was suprised when Alto intercepted the missles that almost took out Luca. :blink:

BTW... found this being used as an avatar by one member at animesuki.....

xptoya.gif

Grace's "Hopes & Dreams," anyone? :lol:

Edited by grss1982

Not in the way that Luca and Leon discussed in episode 17 it aint. ^_^

Actually you've contradicted yourself. Leon says he doesn't want to control/unify the galaxy in ep 17 (as Bilrer might) but his aim is the same as Grace's, which is still not revealed what exactly it is. It sounds like something metaphysical, like becoming a God/Protoculture or something.

Damn evangelion influences my anime watching. >_<

Edited by wolfx

Good thoughts Radd. I agree with you on Alto, though I think its also confusion on his part.

Good episode, particularly the rebellion and Leon's stupidity.

I even liked Sheryl in this one, and I'll leave it at that. No sense letting discussion try to sour it, again... They keep this up, and they may salvage things.

Oh, and to associate that moron to Zeon is an insult to Zeon. Sure, the Zabi's had their stupidity too, but he lacks the charisma.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus