Macross Frontier Episode 22 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Ratings?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 22 rating?

• Positive (I say we MDE the Vajra from orbit. Only way to be sure.)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Ranka is a self-centered b*tch. Sheryl will die of Space AIDS)

Here's another question why is she feeling her boobs?

Well, wouldn't YOU?!

It's from a NewTek LightWave 3D config file for those who want to know a little trivia:

http://www.burningvillage.com/~magpie/cfg/lw3.cfg

They've done that throughout the whole series.

The web text that Klan was looking at in the library were instructions on how to perform some functions in After Effects... :p

Does Grace have aback up of her memory, for if something happens to her body? If she does, wouldn't it make sense to hit that and destroy it, to destroy Grace.

The impression I got from episode 15 is that the Galaxy Anonymous people are more or less controlling her. If they're all gathered in the same place, hit that, and she's gone.

Far more interesting, I think, would be if Grace's puppeteers were spread all over the galaxy...but we'd need more than three episodes to take care of THAT threat...

The impression I got from episode 15 is that the Galaxy Anonymous people are more or less controlling her. If they're all gathered in the same place, hit that, and she's gone.

Far more interesting, I think, would be if Grace's puppeteers were spread all over the galaxy...but we'd need more than three episodes to take care of THAT threat...

Makes me wonder how Grace is going to end up at the end of the series. :huh:

How so?

If Gigile's weapon was revealed or previously explained, then I'd agree, but as far as I am aware it wasn't.

Exactly because of that it's retcon, because at that time Macross Frontier didn't exist and the authors never thought about Fold Quartzes (if they would, we would have already heard of Fold dislocations). A retcon implies that you change past details to fit with new innovations.

FV

So, what are the chances that Alto pegged Ozma with some sort of homing beacon?

They seemed to linger and emphasize that little orange thingy a bit much, didn't they? :unsure:

Not really. I thought they focused more on Alto's damage to be honest. Anyway, as been stated it's the typical (samurai) showdown sequence, with a run by where both attack once. The audience then gets to determine who won the exchange by looking at the damage each sustained, which usually only becomes apparent once they've long passed each other.

Exactly because of that it's retcon, because at that time Macross Frontier didn't exist and the authors never thought about Fold Quartzes (if they would, we would have already heard of Fold dislocations). A retcon implies that you change past details to fit with new innovations.

FV

And if past details didn't exist, is it still retcon?

My understanding of the term is that an existing explanation is changed to fit a current production, thus changing the history of the universe.

- DYRL becoming a movie in the Macross universe to fit Mac 7 when prior to that it was another version of the events of SW1.

- The VF-0 pre-dating the VF-1, when at the time of SDFM in the 80's the the predecessor to the VF-1 for the military was the Dragon II fighter.

- The fold crystals appearing in the BD of Mac Zero, when they were not previously animated for the original release of M0.

*** Actually M Zero was the most retcon the franchise had seen to date.

Etc...

The weaponry of the PD were never really explained (with the exception of the obvious SD cannon that Glavil had). It came across as magical as Song Energy and for Mac 7 much more wasn't required for the target audience.

People on these boards harped that the SDF-4 was retcon, however I disagree. Nowhere had it ever been stated that no more SDF battleships were ever produced, that was an assumption made by fans. For all we know Kawamori always envisioned more SDF ships were built, but there was never a reason to bring it up until now.

The universe details are left ambiguous on purpose to allow maximum flexibility to the story tellers of future productions. This keeps "real" retcon down to a minimum, but also allows the new stories not to be shackled to the minutia of overly revealed details, which is where Star Trek ultimately ran into trouble. Sometimes technobabble doesn't serve the story and thus isn't necessary.

Cyborgs aren't almighty or bulletproof... If they were they wouldn't need to evade in the first place... :rolleyes:

I counted 3 soldiers in the hatch at the ceiling, 3 more in the room with her plus the armed suit guy... What makes a total of 7 armed humans vs 1 unarmed cyborg. That's some pretty tough odds even for a cyborg.

She probably used machine guns located in the chestal region like all fembots. The self-grope in the preview was to make sure that her ammo was fully loaded.

you can keep how much of a retcon mac0 was by thinking of the events of Mac0 as a secret war. Mac0 happens between when roy leaves the base where he first met claudia at the "end" of the unification war and when claudia meets roy again on south ataria island where he was test piloting the vf-1 prototypes. in SDFM the unification war was told as more of a guerilla movement of loosely allied counties and factions. in mac0 the unification war is a world war 3 type of thing with clearly 2 factions UN and AUN. also don't forget the offical story for the destruction of south ataria island and the long dissaperance of the Macross was that AUN terrorist forces had attack the island causing the macross to sortie early and the island vanishing. now we can assume both versions hold true. the unification war might have at first been world war 3 with clear factions. then as the larger richer more idustrial capable UN started winning the AUN could have broken down into more guerilla conflict. small hold outs of AUN power causing mayhem even though they are clearly loosing fight just to fight. the events of mac0 the vf-0 the birdman all being covered up for a long time and so well clear go with the UN gov't agenda of trying to with hold the existance of aliens as much as possible.

the earrings being digitally added to mac0 is a clear retcon.

the SDF-4 Global. well what do you send out with the megaroad fleets? all the UN Spacy had was ARMD Carries, Macross, and a few puny destroyers. would you send them out with just ships not really fit for combat against the zentradi and ships of the cultured zentradi un forces? of course not you would build more Macross ships since the design is very proven.

Grace. She's HOT!!!

Anyway, now that's out of my system, I shall now concentrate on trying to figure out how she terminated those government goons.

I distinctly remember the sight of guns blazing in their respective hands followed by pieces of Grace's clothing all over the air. I think now that Grace's construction is actually rather modular, though not possibly not quite up to the nanotechnological molecular level control of the T-1000, but still to a very significant degree. As if taking a few hits from anti personal hand held weapons are going to cause irreparable damage to a Terminatrix that could reshape herself at will.

Taking them out alone is well within her capabilities and if Brera, who is a much less advanced than the full android Grace 2.0, is used as a reference. I would imagine that she simply jumped up after taking the first barrage of fire just to intimidate the crap out of them (imagine the Model 101 T-800 getting up after taking multiple shotgun blasts to its body from just a few meters away, with Sarah Connor in complete disbelief), as it'll do her no real damage anyway. This followed by a leap up and out of the opening, using her shapeshifting capability to crush and take the guns off the guys up there, followed by the guys down there eating lead.

Edited by VF-25S Full Armour

Grace. She's HOT!!!

Anyway, now that's out of my system, I shall now concentrate on trying to figure out how she terminated those government goons.

I distinctly remember the sight of guns blazing in their respective hands followed by pieces of Grace's clothing all over the air. I think now that Grace's construction is actually rather modular, though not possibly not quite up to the nanotechnological molecular level control of the T-1000, but still to a very significant degree. As it taking a few hits from anti personal hand held weapons are going to cause irreparable damage to a Terminatrix that could reshape herself at will.

Taking them out alone is well within her capabilities and if Brera, who is a much less advanced than the full android Grace 2.0, is used as a reference. I would imagine that she simply jumped up after taking the first barrage of fire just to intimidate the crap out of them (imagine the Model 101 T-800 getting up after taking multiple shotgun blasts to its body from just a few meters away, with Sarah Connor in complete disbelief), as it'll do her no real damage anyway. This followed by a leap up and out of the opening, using her shapeshifting capability to crush and take the guns off the guys up there, followed by the guys down there eating lead.

Think you've put a lot more thought into this than the actual writers of the show have, my fully armored collegue. ^_^

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

I like seeing the NUNS pilot suits. :) They look much better than the ones in Macross 7.

I'm going to laugh until I throw up if it turns out that in the end we discover that Brera is an AI with some bits of Ranka's brother's memories, and it turns out that Ranka's brother is actually Sheryl who was reconstructed as a girl after being saved from the remnants of the 117th research fleet. It's not like this would be the first time that something like this has happened in a Kawamori work... :p That's why back in episode 7, Ranka says she knows Sheryl.

I like seeing the NUNS pilot suits. :) They look much better than the ones in Macross 7.

I'm going to laugh until I throw up if it turns out that in the end we discover that Brera is an AI with some bits of Ranka's brother's memories, and it turns out that Ranka's brother is actually Sheryl who was reconstructed as a girl after being saved from the remnants of the 117th research fleet. It's not like this would be the first time that something like this has happened in a Kawamori work... :p That's why back in episode 7, Ranka says she knows Sheryl.

Dammit now you made me remember the gender bender from Escaflowne.

You had me going "LOL! :lol:" until the very last sentence where you had me going "Huh? :huh:". Seriously when did she say that in episode 7? :mellow:

You had me going "LOL! :lol:" until the very last sentence where you had me going "Huh? :huh:". Seriously when did she say that in episode 7? :mellow:

I think he misremembered.

Ranka got the call then Sheryl got teary then Ranka gave her some genki then Sheryl said she was going to for somebody. Sheryl asks Ranka to sing with her.

Ranka figured that Sheryl knew Alto is currently risking his life in battle.

Out of the thosands in the big site only they besides Frakking Grace knew about the battle going on.

LOL, that sounds totally like something Kawamori would do!

They've done that throughout the whole series.

The web text that Klan was looking at in the library were instructions on how to perform some functions in After Effects... :p

And other series. Stargazer's control program from Gundam Seed:Stargazer was coded in HTML and Javascript. :lol:

I think he misremembered.

Ranka got the call then Sheryl got teary then Ranka gave her some genki then Sheryl said she was going to for somebody. Sheryl asks Ranka to sing with her.

Ranka figured that Sheryl knew Alto is currently risking his life in battle.

Out of the thosands in the big site only they besides Frakking Grace knew about the battle going on.

Ah, yeah I must have misremembered. I usually skip through to the juicy bits in episodes when I rewatch.

Hm. While we wait for the sub...

When Sheryl sang and Leon and Cathy were poking around wreckage, was that a hydra that showed up?

Just curious. Kind of interesting to me, as I was wondering if that had some significance in itself. Ranka attracts Vajra, Sheryl hydras? (Are they even supposed to be there?)