Macross Frontier Episode 22 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Ratings?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 22 rating?

• Positive (I say we MDE the Vajra from orbit. Only way to be sure.)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Ranka is a self-centered b*tch. Sheryl will die of Space AIDS)

Technically, apart from the people in the SDF-1, there were few survivors after the Zentradi bombarded the Earth. Despite this, the Anti-UN did not cease to exist, you can still find them in videogames. They even developed new mecha.

FV

They commandeered one of the grand cannons and hid there during the bombardment. XD

Or, they hid in another one of their top secret anti-UN submarines. Maybe they had an ocean base?

I think everyone arguing that Michel may be alive are setting themselves up for disappointment. Me? I'd rather not have a another Gamlin, even though I liked Michel as a character a lot.

And i think those who really hope he is dead are setting themselves up for disappointment and surprise too. B)) The signs are all there. Its classic anime cliche waiting to happen here. And saying Macross won't do it is just deluding yourself cuz look what they did to Ozma....in not 1 but 2 episodes! Well i'm gonna shut up now about Michel and let my sig do the talking.

gallery_9475_104_2938.png

LOL classic. Haruhi is the protoculture.

I just got back last night, what the hell is going on? (Downloading HD RAW now).

Does this mean Alto will use VF-171 from now on or Luca will use his L.A.I. to make a valk for him?

(Smack me on the head since I didn't read all the post on this thread ^_^ ).

About the whole SherylxAlto thing, wasn't is said that the V-virus could be transmitted between people's bodily fluids? So...if they had sex then Alto could have SPACEAIDS as well.

I've mentioned this before.

And the answer is he'd have to receive a sufficiently concentrated exposure to it, and Sheryl's blood would have to be completely rife with it

So, the question is how communicable is the disease through sexual activity?

Anyways, this is Macross TV, it's not like we're going to see triangler sex, implied or otherwise.

I just got back last night, what the hell is going on? (Downloading HD RAW now).

Does this mean Alto will use VF-171 from now on or Luca will use his L.A.I. to make a valk for him?

(Smack me on the head since I didn't read all the post on this thread ^_^ ).

yeah I was wondering the same thing though since it was the SMS who were just doing final tests on the VF25 I dont see why they couldn't get a couple for Alto and Luca pretty easily. I mean its not like the SMS privately developed them so ya know

haha as for Alto yeah if they did he may totally have space aids. Course I sorta joked awhile back about the ending having all 3 doing some odd singing/acting and that if Alto had the power he could drive all of the Vajra nuts with his elite Hime power which causes them to self implode........it could happen :blink:

Leon now is officially elected to the president of Frontier. And the first announcement from his inaugural is declaration war against Vajra !! :o And he knew that the resource in Frontier can only last for 3 months even under war-time administration. :blink: Looks like he want to control the universe so badly, even don't want to share with Grace?

Now Leon is collaborating with Bilrer (I guess his days is numbered... :ph34r: ), who informed Wilder that SMS is dissolved and merged to NUNS. Wilder does not want to follow order from Leon after learned he assassinated Howard. He declared to the men who follow Cathy's message that from now on they are space pirate and take Quater as the first price. Where they will go for the next price? :huh:

Luca want to bring Ranka back before Nanase wakes up, because she like Ranka so much. To accomplish that Alto said they need to defeat Vajra. Alto also knows that Sheryl is dying after informed by Klan. Maybe that is the reason he sticks with Frontier?

It seems that in the next episode Alto will know the truth behind Vajra and finally decide his path, and Ranka and Brera will know all thing about their past.

Super Ostrich

Edited by Super Ostrich

foldquartzbomb.jpg

DE or MDE bombs were derived from Fold Quartz research.

Gigil didn't swallow a planet ala DE he started self destructing probably couldn't control all that super dimensional energy due to being both irrationally overprotective of Sivil and the excess energy due to Spiritia regeneration.

Since it is not stated "what" Gigile's weapon was, it is entirely possible for him to be a living DE weapon.

You posted yourself that the fold crystal ear rings in the Mac Zero BD must have been left by the PC and yet this race that "grew" it's weaponry and developed space fold technology were not aware of the properties and capabilities of fold quartz? That strikes me as highly unlikely.

Fold Crystals are not an energy source but appear to be a focusing agent similar to how ruby is a focusing agent for lasers. The LAI fold booster uses Fold Crystals to cut through fold faults and the DE uses fold crystals to, by all appearances, create a dimensional singularity that sucks all matter into it.

Since space folding requires SD energy to power it, the need for an SD reactor is apparent. Hence Gigile, having SD organs could easily power a DE if it were "grown" into his body by the PC.

If as a PD your weapon is a DE, you become a living bomb and to set off said bomb would naturally be self destruction.

Evidently none of the other PD would want that since Gigile wasn't only an EVIL series weapon anymore, but a unique being from their home dimension.

It is my contention that Kawamori is attempting to further explain the nature of the PD weaponry. The DE was what Gigile used to destroy Rax, the tendrils coming out of the Vajra ships are what Glipernich used to pull the Mac 7 fleet down to Varuata, the back mounted SD cannons on the lobsters are what Glavil had in its hand and the barrier used by the Frontier City ship is the type Sivil used to generate around herself.

If it were a DE Fire Bomber wouldn't be able to protect themselves with Song energy.

That is an assumption, considering Song Energy successfully protected them from multiple blasts from Glavil's SD cannon weapon over the course of the series. The most powerful type of weapon known to mankind at the time.

In Macross Zero it was stated that the carbon dating around the Birdman in 10,000 years old.

There was an intial colonization mission that was lost almost 500,000 years ago but 10,000 years ago the Birdman arrived leading to the birth of the Mayan people.

If the Mayan legend that the Birdman was ordered to destroy humanity by the god Procacha (Protoculture?) but relented cutting its head off is based some what on fact and a woman called Rooy Waka which came from the Birdman became Rooy Kanu's wife. Then as of 10,000 years ago a Protoculture did return had kids with a native and returned back to the stars.

This bloodline became the Mayans or more specifically the Nomes.

Unfortunately that return is not supported by the chronology timeline.

PC 2870 A Protoculture survey ship stops temporarily on "Earth." By genetically reconstructing the native life, it plots the emergence of a sub-Protoculture adapted to the planetary enivronment, "Humankind," to prepare for future colonization. During its return to its home planet, the survey ship is destroyed by military ships opposed to the Stellar Republic. Records of Earth and Humankind are eventually lost. [PC 2900]
It is possible however, that a small contingency were left behind to monitor humanity and eventually they made contact 10,000 years before the events of Mac Zero or the birdman cannot be accurately carbon dated due to its alien nature. As of yet that has not yet been included in the official chronology.

Possibly that answer will lie in the Macross Chronicle books.

Did anybody think it strange that they focused on the damage caused to Ozma's plane? Maybe he's going to eat pineapple salad after all. :mellow:

They focused on the damaged caused to Alto's plane as well. This exchange of blows is a typical scene in samurai movies, I half-expected one of the planes to explode ^_^

FV

They focused on the damaged caused to Alto's plane as well. This exchange of blows is a typical scene in samurai movies, I half-expected one of the planes to explode ^_^

FV

Darn, I thought it was going to be like Gundam Stardust Memory, when the old pilot's mobile suit had taken some damage

and they kept the focus on that "minor" damage until it caused an explosion.

Edited by aerocombatpilot

Did anybody think it strange that they focused on the damage caused to Ozma's plane? Maybe he's going to eat pineapple salad after all. :mellow:

Don't think so. The damage was only in a wing or fin tip, so shouldn't be critical. The damage to Alto's VF-171EX looked far more serious.

Ozma rocks in this episode.

Graham

May or may not be, but it will be definitively a retcon.

FV

How so?

If Gigile's weapon was revealed or previously explained, then I'd agree, but as far as I am aware it wasn't. Just the results were shown to everyone's horror.

luca in contact with sms quarter prior to attacking them

t_grab29298m_5a05cf5.png

*click for bigger pic

lol video resolution information - all useless info not even the name of the person who established contact is written XD

resolution preset, window shape, recent scene file haha XD

**edited first pic i posted was small ahehe XD

Edited by shinkirou

I wonder how in blazes did Grace avoid being destroyed? Is she bulletproof or she got damaged and then self-repaired? Or she was just too damned fast for the soldiers? How she killed them? Stabbed them with her tentacles? Or she took one of their guns and shot them?

They had her in a very small space at point blank range...

I still can't figure out what the hell happened... :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I wonder how in blazes did Grace avoid being destroyed? Is she bulletproof or she got damaged and then self-repaired? Or she was just too damned fast for the soldiers? How she killed them? Stabbed them with her tentacles? Or she took one of their guns and shot them?

Only thing she didn't do was chew bubblegum... <_<

After seeing this episode's ending with the Vajra planet, I am wondering if the end credit sequence with the Skull squadron flying over the blue sky takes place on that planet.

Maybe the Macross Frontier Island 1 will become uninhabitable or destroyed in the near future. Therefore all the survivors seek shelter on this planet after some negotiations with the Vajras. ^_^

After seeing this episode's ending with the Vajra planet, I am wondering if the end credit sequence with the Skull squadron flying over the blue sky takes place on that planet.

Ever heard about "ALL THAT VF"? :rolleyes:

Only thing she didn't do was chew bubblegum... <_<

Another possibility is that the soldiers at the upper hatch were actually Grace's allies (Galaxy?) and shot the ones in the room with her... <_<

I only saw 2 soldiers and the suit guy dead in the floor... And they all seemed to have been shot... :huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Does it really mattter? Grace is soooo friggin HOT!!!! B))

Does it really mattter? Grace is soooo friggin HOT!!!! B))

...with an artificial body...

Aha... So obviously u voted for her in the poll... :rolleyes:

She's supposed to be the bad guy... u know? And besides... Most of her minds are guys...

Here's another question why is she feeling her boobs?

She was touching her "despairs" and "nightmares"... :lol:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

luca in contact with sms quarter prior to attacking them

lol video resolution information - all useless info not even the name of the person who established contact is written XD

resolution preset, window shape, recent scene file haha XD

It's from a NewTek LightWave 3D config file for those who want to know a little trivia:

http://www.burningvillage.com/~magpie/cfg/lw3.cfg

Did you miss what Brera did to Alto in episode 21 just before Ranka decided to leave Frontier? It's not very hard to evade for a cyborg. Riping, punching and breaking necks and bones. No weapon needed with that kind of speed and strength. Considering how close they were standing to each other grabing one soldier and using him as a shield or a living weapon can be done to.

Did you miss what Brera did to Alto in episode 21 just before Ranka decided to leave Frontier? It's not very hard to evade for a cyborg. Riping, punching and breaking necks and bones. No weapon needed with that kind of speed and strength. Considering how close they were standing to each other grabing one soldier and using him as a shield or a living weapon can be done to.

So only way of taking her out is while she's riding a valk? :huh:

Cyborgs aren't almighty or bulletproof... If they were they wouldn't need to evade in the first place... :rolleyes:

I counted 3 soldiers in the hatch at the ceiling, 3 more in the room with her plus the armed suit guy... What makes a total of 7 armed humans vs 1 unarmed cyborg. That's some pretty tough odds even for a cyborg.

I'm more and more convinced that she made the guys in the ceiling hatch shoot the ones in the room with her somehow... <_<

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Hmm, a new spin-off series? Macross Frontier:Quarter, main hero will be Ozma with the love triangle Ozma-Cathy-Bobby, Bobby will be the singing idol. Hmm, perfect :lol:

And theres your second season of MF aka MF: the Quater Chronicals. :lol:

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X