Macross Frontier Episode 22 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Ratings?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 22 rating?

• Positive (I say we MDE the Vajra from orbit. Only way to be sure.)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Ranka is a self-centered b*tch. Sheryl will die of Space AIDS)

12 hours yippee!

At times like this shouldn't SMS send a high speed courier to the nearest non-Frontier NUNS base or fleet? (Except Galaxy)

At times like this the VFX Ravens are sent to deal with guys like Leon.

Also there is resemblace between the planet's swirl and the Protoculture symbols on DYRL and Zero.

DYRLprotoculturesymbol.jpg

2829764952_2d6cb38c1b_o.jpg

Hey, I dig your observation. ^_^ I also feel that AltoxSheryl doesn't feel right here. Or how the way things flowed, it just wasn't clicking. But I also feel that it wouldn't feel right if Alto leaves Sheryl after what he said to her. Ultimately, I feel that Sheryl herself will let Alto go. I know Alto's bound to falter later on with how Ozma left him like that, and I can't see Sheryl begging Alto to stay with her so that she "can continue to keep singing". Sheryl's new song Fairy kind of tells me that she'll somehow turn out fine with or without Alto.

Sheryl pushing Alto away could also work. If Sheryl sees that this relationship is more grief-based and pushes Alto away, then yes, maybe Blockhead will figure it out. But it has to be based on a pure feeling. Not a "My girl ran off with a Vajra! RAGE!!!" or "My girl is dying. WAHHHH!!!"

I really enjoy this episode:

I notice some of you seem to question why Klan, Luca and Alto ended up staying on Frontier instead of going AWOL too.

And my answer for that is very simple. They were ordered to stay. Because those 3 can do more good on Frontier than being on BB Macross.

Klan knows lots of people, she can get information, teams, etc.

Luca is working with Leon, knows what's going on, working on the new weapons, etc.

Alto is ,, hmmmmmm..... make paper airplanes, a great actor, and bring support to Sheryl.

And the battle at the end with NUNS and SMS was most likely just a ACT.

Alto getting emotional and yelling left and right was probably more of a I want to go too, but why do I have to stay!? kinda thing. Or he's just acting his part since we all know he can act.

Don't know it doesn't really jive with me. :(

Yeah...I did.

I assumed that it was some kind of powerful jamming wave emitted from the pics of the Vajra planet...

I didn't experience any kind of database error, since I'm browsing MW through an RFV-25's computer with all three ghost drones deployed. :p:lol:

Here we go.

snap2yz6.jpg

Another evidence that this was the Protoculture world of origin is that it has two continents.

When Exsedol read the Protoculture script it said the Protoculture developed on two areas.

Thus two ethnic groups of Protoculture. This is the probable reason why they split into two factions when the Schism war came.

Another evidence that this was the Protoculture world of origin is that it has two continents.

When Exsedol read the Protoculture script it said the Protoculture developed on two areas.

Thus two ethnic groups of Protoculture. This is the probable reason why they split into two factions when the Schism war came.

and that belt could have been a DMZ?

We're having an argument right now on one of the IRC channels. So did Alto and Sheryl only kiss? Or did they have sex?

*sigh*

Let's see...Leon's channeling Gihren Zabi, SMS has broken ranks with NUNS, Grace has a VF-27, and we've finally seen THE VAJRA PLANET(!!!)...

and the biggest question on some people's mind is..."Did they or didn't they"???

*sigh*

what else could be more profound, gubaba? :p

i'm really liking how they're milking every second of air time by having the events dovetail and cut into ED (which i think have been shortened and IIRC the credits appear while some events are still ongoing). that they do this by kicking off the ED song within the episode is a nice touch and gives them the opportunity to use full versions of the songs, albeit with some muting to give way to dialogue. that they select the ED song most appropriate to the episode ending is the icing on the cake. i think they've done this for 3 episodes now.

next thing, we might see them shortening the OP and either having the pre-OP sequence meld into the OP, or have the events start while the OP is still playing or replace the OP with a concert or action sequence while they flash the credits

eg. pre-op shows MW approaching vajra planet and perhaps some action, then cut back to frontier in a sheryl performance while some characters have some dialogues and the credits flash but mostly during the purely singing sequences, then when the song ends we are at the episode proper.

Edited by Major Focker

...Earth?

Yeah right... With 3 moons...? It must be Earth alright... :rolleyes:

That must be a Protoculture planet or perhaps is where the Birdman went on Mac 0... Or both... That ring looks more like some kind of biomechanical structure to me... it looks like the same color of the birdman when it was found at the bottom of Earth's ocean...

Btw... More spirals... ^_^

post-7862-1220594265_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1220594286_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

*sigh*

Let's see...Leon's channeling Gihren Zabi, SMS has broken ranks with NUNS, Grace has a VF-27, and we've finally seen THE VAJRA PLANET(!!!)...

and the biggest question on some people's mind is..."Did they or didn't they"???

*sigh*

Well did they? :p:lol:

OMFG...best episode so far!!

need those damn subs NOW!!

anyway! I think the whole AltoxSheryl scence was meant to be that way so that the Sheryl fan get excited but allow enough doubt for the Ranka fans to still have hopes, I mean, if you're a Ranka fan, how would you feel if they showed a scene of Sheryl lying naked with Alto with the classic movie L shape bed covers, hehehe

anyway, Grace...Grace...Grace...they can pineappled everyone in the freaking series for me as long as they keep giving me more Grace like this, hehe

oh yes, and I enjoyed too the virus talk, didn't thing anyone would go that far in it, but I think most of your observation are hard to confirm since I doubt the people writing this would be microbiogist; hey Kronnang Dunn, I'm an MD too glad to see a fellow physician here, what's your specialty?? I'm currently on the process of the whole USMLE steps to apply for the NRMP nightmare since I'm a FMG

Edited by Valkyrie addict

ah, you got me there. i subscribe to that too.

Which kinds of remind me the ambiguity between Myung and Guld in Mac + too. The camera pan off when they held each others hand. Ah well, might be similar, Guld beds the girls, he dies and Isamu got her instead. So, Alto may like face the axe too, ha!ha!ha! :ph34r:

Which kinds of remind me the ambiguity between Myung and Guld in Mac + too. The camera pan off when they held each others hand. Ah well, might be similar, Guld beds the girls, he dies and Isamu got her instead. So, Alto may like face the axe too, ha!ha!ha! :ph34r:

hehe and luca gets to have a harem O_o

I think u guys are looking too hard into the spiral things. :lol:

I for one hope that isn't THE protoculture planet though. For 25 years SK has avoided the mystery which is the protoculture and to suddenly give it to us in the final 4 episodes of Frontier is kinda.....anti-climatic.

Oh, on degress of subtlety, I think Guld and Myung is the LEAST ambiguous...only slightly less ambiguous than Isamu and Lucy, or Max and Millia. :lol:

This one...well, it didn't even register to methat there might possibly be any real hanky-panky going on. For one thing, I don't think they had enough time...unless Alto's a real "sixty-second man."

And dammit, I'm getting sucked into this idiotic conversation!

*take deep breaths*

*repeat the mantra...*

VAJRA HOME PLANET, VAJRA HOME PLANET, VAJRA HOME PLANET...

There. That's better. :D

I for one hope that isn't THE protoculture planet though. For 25 years SK has avoided the mystery which is the protoculture and to suddenly give it to us in the final 4 episodes of Frontier is kinda.....anti-climatic.

Well it doesn't have to mean that the Protoculture are there anymore. Nobody is home except their pet Vajra.

Also note the Blue Ray version of Macross Zero Sheryl's earrings belonged to Mao. It was with the picture of her father and mother.

The fold quartz earring could have been passed from one generation to the next originating from the original Birdman pilot.

The carbon dating around the corals surrounding Aphos suggests the Birdman has been there 10,000 years.

hey Kronnang Dunn, I'm an MD too glad to see a fellow physician here, what's your specialty?? I'm currently on the process of the whole USMLE steps to apply for the NRMP nightmare since I'm a FMG

I guess I'm a FMG too... ^_^:wacko:

By no means. Actually is what I expected... since like I been telling u ppl... This series is going to tie several loose ends... Just wait 'till next episode... ^_^

By no means. Actually is what I expected... since like I been telling u ppl... This series is going to tie several loose ends... Just wait 'till next episode... ^_^

Heck, they've already made YF-19 and YF-21 3D models for All That VF, so who knows, maybe we'll get some Macross Plus representation as well! :lol:

Doubtful this is the PC homeworld.

A world affected by the PC perhaps, a forward base, perhaps, but not the homeworld or rather, central government world. I suspect that world was one of the first casualties of the Zentreadi / SA residual war and considering Dimension Eater technology existed back in the ancient times, it may very well have been destroyed like Rax was.

At best, I'd expect that whatever remnants of the PC still exist are scattered throughout the galaxy and are well hidden from any outside contact and they want to keep it that way.

The cloud formation definitely seems to indicate the PC insignia found on both the birdman and the Vajra. The insignia in DYRL could be considered an "artistic" interpretation of a symbol treated as top secret by the government and not generally known to the populace. The UNG would have certainly kept that information confidential as to avoid anyone knowingly stumbling upon an ancient PC facility.

Kawamori isn't going to give up the PC enigma that easily!

This AltoxSheryl thing is getting old.....but why not consider this:

Alto: "C'mon Sheryl, I'm feeling it ....."

Sheryl: "Not tonight....I have an outbreak....."

It's all about Grace anyways.....just look at those JUGGS...not to mention a VF-27

oh and that pink haired bridge bunny is a looker too....RAH-JAH DAT!!!!!!!!

Well it doesn't have to mean that the Protoculture are there anymore. Nobody is home except their pet Vajra.

Also note the Blue Ray version of Macross Zero Sheryl's earrings belonged to Mao. It was with the picture of her father and mother.

You got a screen shot of that?

Doubtful this is the PC homeworld.

A world affected by the PC perhaps, a forward base, perhaps, but not the homeworld or rather, central government world. I suspect that world was one of the first casualties of the Zentreadi / SA residual war and considering Dimension Eater technology existed back in the ancient times, it may very well have been destroyed like Rax was.

At best, I'd expect that whatever remnants of the PC still exist are scattered throughout the galaxy and are well hidden from any outside contact and they want to keep it that way.

The cloud formation definitely seems to indicate the PC insignia found on both the birdman and the Vajra. The insignia in DYRL could be considered an "artistic" interpretation of a symbol treated as top secret by the government and not generally known to the populace. The UNG would have certainly kept that information confidential as to avoid anyone knowingly stumbling upon an ancient PC facility.

Kawamori isn't going to give up the PC enigma that easily!

No DE weapons. It was never said the Protoculture developed DE just Reaction Weapons. It is likely this world's Protoculture inhabitants died when the Protodevlin went sucking the lifeforce out of the galaxy.

Remember the Protoculture never wanted to dirty their hands that is why they created the Zentradi.

But the homeworld could be off limits in their civil war.

Edited by RedWolf

The fold quartz earring could have been passed from one generation to the next originating from the original Birdman pilot.

The carbon dating around the corals surrounding Aphos suggests the Birdman has been there 10,000 years.

Most likely the fold quartz was always around, just somewhere along the way, someone saw something shiny lying on the ground and decided to make a pair of earrings out of it and then it was passed down as a family heirloom.

Am really looking forward to how they tie this into the plot of Zero. They've given hints in Frontier already and pulled a George Lucas with the Blu-ray release of Zero by adding those earrings in. Hopefully, Frontier will give Zero better closure than it originally got.

Edited by sdf2501

I dont know... it just seems to me that alto's scene with sheryl was not motivated by pity. I cant put my finger on it, but that's my gut feeling - maybe because I see sheryl and alto as having a much deeper, though not necessarily as broad a connection as ranka/alto, whose connection is broad but not very deep.

Ive said it before... sheryl and alto - to me at least - understand each other instinctively to a very high degree, in a way ranka has only recently begun to approach (and even then in a different, much more superficial fashion)

Edited by Shaka_Z

So are the grey VF-171's the VF-171B's?

They are definitely upgraded from the ones we saw up until now. At the very least with newer weapons packages.

they called em vf-171ex

and btw that's the vajra home planet. i somehow doubt it's related to the protoculture.