Macross Frontier Episode 22 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Ratings?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 22 rating?

• Positive (I say we MDE the Vajra from orbit. Only way to be sure.)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Ranka is a self-centered b*tch. Sheryl will die of Space AIDS)

So what was the little spacewalk for? Just walking the vajra?

Stretching their legs. Chance to get them to talk with each other. Chance for us to look at some pretty eye candy stars...

Basically, those VF sized portable fold drives can only go so far before needing to stop, and build up another energy charge. Though, that scene is about a lot more than "stopping the car to let the radiator cool down". ;)

Sara Nome?

Mao Nome?

The birdman?

:blink:

Hmmm... hmmm... ordinarily, I'd dismiss this as fan speculation. But since we've had a LOT of Macross 0 references in Macross Frontier... could the series be the conclusion to both itself and M0???

Lucca is a dick, I hope he dies.

:p Doesn't seriously question why a majority of the SMS are liberating the quarter and going off, including trusted superiors like Wilde and Ozma. Is the first to fire off shots, and this is the first time we've seen him fire off a weapon, and it's not against the vajra but fellow humans. It's like he's willing to do any dirty deed to protect Nanase after his failure to tell her his feelings and protect her.

That's not mentioning the whole "Oh if you sing for us, maybe we can find a cure for you so you don't die" bit.

Leon shot himself in the butt when he tried to do in Grace. :) This is going to be interesting to see what she does as retaliation.

Klan Klan stayed behind, but obviously not in opposition as she saluted the Quarter as they took off.

Alto damned well better choose his destiny soon and not let events and people choose it for him.

Edited by Sumdumgai

We're having an argument right now on one of the IRC channels. So did

Alto and Sheryl only kiss? Or did they have sex?

It definitely reminded me of

the scene in DYRL where Misa is seen zipping her uniform up.

Implied sex.

Did Alto have sexual relations with that woman?

Looks like we got a good micro-missile count on the VF-25 Super Messiah; at least, the dorsal launcher pods. I counted 21 missile per pack :)

Its strange though that the new MDE ammunition and missiles look exacty like conventional weaponry. And sad that VF-171 had no battroid mode. :(

:rolleyes:

Well it did look like the cliche "camera-pan" for sex but Alto checked his handphone message shortly later so either it was a quickie which made him miss the departure time, or it was just a kiss and he decided to stay back for Sheryl's sake. OR it could be nothing at all. Doesn't really matter anyway.

It definitely reminded me of

the scene in DYRL where Misa is seen zipping her uniform up.

Implied sex.

Did Alto have sexual relations with that woman?

Except, there was no

zipping up of clothes or anything to imply they went that far past kissing.

Edited by JustinStrife

I really enjoy this episode:

Finally, AltoxSheryl, and Grace with those hopes and dreams. ^_^

Macross Quater and SMS going AWOL is just awsome, can't wait for the coming battle.

I notice some of you seem to question why Klan, Luca and Alto ended up staying on Frontier instead of going AWOL too.

And my answer for that is very simple. They were ordered to stay. Because those 3 can do more good on Frontier than being on BB Macross.

Klan knows lots of people, she can get information, teams, etc.

Luca is working with Leon, knows what's going on, working on the new weapons, etc.

Alto is ,, hmmmmmm..... make paper airplanes, a great actor, and bring support to Sheryl.

And the battle at the end with NUNS and SMS was most likely just a ACT.

Alto getting emotional and yelling left and right was probably more of a I want to go too, but why do I have to stay!? kinda thing. Or he's just acting his part since we all know he can act.

If it was sex, Alto now has space aids, errrr V-virus infection. In the end he will fly out with a single fold-quartz earring and sing enka while doing kabuki acrobatics in his personally customized VF-171.

:p

well hopefully we'll see some sort of flashback scene later on showing at least something, be it just a kiss or a more blunt indication that more went on. I would imagine that to happen I mean why leave it THAT much up to debate. Maybe next episode will shed some light >_<

I really need subs on this episode. Why the heck were ALto and Luca fighting the SMS? WHat the heck is that ring surrounding what looks like Earth? And was anyone not the least bit surprised that Leon's attempt to kill Grace failed miserably?

Speaking of which, there may not be a lack of prefect breasts in the fictional world, but it still would have been a shame to ruin hers :)

I think Luca has alrady fired missiles/shots in an earlier episode in his valk

peace out XD

Ah, I must have missed that time. Still, if it was a missile launch, this one sequence might be more telling since it wasn't a launch.

Its strange though that the new MDE ammunition and missiles look exacty like conventional weaponry. And sad that VF-171 had no battroid mode. :(

Yeah, they should have at least changed the color, like they did between SDF Macross to DYRL (all the missile highlights went from red to yellow).

As for the VF-171, I'm sure we may get some more Battroid love yet. Still, even if we don't, at least we got the VF-171 PPB punch :)

Klan Klan stayed behind, but obviously not in opposition as she saluted the Quarter as they took off.

Alto damned well better choose his destiny soon and not let events and people choose it for him.

not too sure about that salute. i'm inclined to think that it was nothing other a normal salute and that she was under orders to stay. but there was something in her expression i could not quite grasp yet.

it could be a "final salute" which opponents who respect eachother do before they draw the lines of battle.

for me, it's just a kiss but hoping for sex to seal the deal nyahahaha lol censor me XD

anyways, it doesn't matter if it's just a kiss or the next stage...

it's just...

Alto X Sheryl ftw!!! XD

(but really, for me, it could go either way...

1.) camera panning up means that it could be censored - what's coming next or just for dramatic closure.

2.) this kissing scene isn't the first in the series so why bother not focusing on it?

answer: it's either to tease the audience for a dramatic closure of that scene or they went to the next level.

3.) there wasn't any laying back in bed motion done O_o

*but mostly i think it's just to tease the audience hehe

peace out! XD

censor me censor me lol XD

answer: it's either to tease the audience for a dramatic closure of that scene or they went to the next level.

Or maybe SK is trying to make us believe that the triangle is solved but...

I always think that the SMS could will AWOL, but the way they done it is just epic

I miss speedsubbers (I forgot how many times I said it)

yeah, sk may be teasing us that the triangle is solved as well XD

but I hope that it's really solved now hehe XD

and I hope that, that scene was not born out of pity T_T since Sheryl was really being strong at that point and Alto chose to receive her feelings and support her (choosing to sing for everyone rather than wait in the deathbed or be cured - which she even admitted that she is afraid of what's happening to her health but still chose to tread the path of the songstress)

and...

IF...

I hope that IF Sheryl dies by giving her all after a song (maybe the final song of the series for dramatic effect), Alto dies as well in the battlefield for RomeoxJuliet effect and not Moulin Rouge effect.

the Moulin Rouge effect is just so sad... T_T

I don't want the two serieses(?) I'm watching to end both in tears as CG, for me, is headed already to a sad ending T_T

Edited by shinkirou

Pics of the "Vajra World"

Edited: Are the spoiler tags working?

2829764958_dfeaa44fc0_o.jpg

2829764952_2d6cb38c1b_o.jpg

I'd be creeped out if I see a planet with a great hurricane belt lying outside its atmosphere. How did that happen? Minus the belt, notice this planet was reflected in Ranka's eyes during the Lion OP.

The spacewalk probably Ranka's way to detect Ai-kun's planet.

That's 12 hours. Leave if you don't want to be spoiled.

-Considering the circumstances, AltoxSheryl doesn't feel right. I'm not a Ranka fan. And we'll get to her issue in a minute. I'm not a fan of pity or sorrow-type relationships. I do wish, if Alto made a choice, it would have been if he didn't know. Knowing someone is going to die or not be around changes the circumstances a lot. If Alto made this choice without this fact, I would agree with it more. But in light of Alto finding out now, AltoxSheryl just does not work.

-Ranka said her goodbyes. RankaxAlto doesn't have the weight that it could have. She gave up and made her choice. She probably regrets it under the circumstances, but she's going with her gut (no pun intended) and she's sticking to it. She stays at neutral till the series ends.

-AltoxNobody works. :)

-Which brings us to the 3rd point of this triangle. If Alto uses Ranka to save Sheryl, he's no better than Mishima and Luca. But if he chooses Ranka, then he's a jerk. Unless Sheryl dies and some time passes. Ozma is right. Alto needs to figure it all out. Alto needs to answer the "Why?" in the question. Ozma does for the people he loves. Alto needs to figure this out himself and find his own path or fall to the dark side you will.

-Luca...Much fear I sense in you. The cloud of the dark side I sense over you. Oh wait, that's just Darth Sid...Leon.

-The animator who did Ranka's dance must have done Sheryl's dance as well. He should get a raise for getting the movements so close to the real people. :lol:

-Luca actually used chaff/flares with his VF-171. I'm impressed. He actually dropped them instead of being cannon fodder.

-Speaking of the VF-171. They upgraded it. Guess that rules out the VF-25.

-Now, if Alto and Sheryl did rock the boat...I hope Alto had protection. :lol:

Someone mentioned Gundam Seen Destiny elsewhere....great now I see some parallels. I need kill that person. I just got it out of my head and now it's back there. :angry:

:o I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

I like how the Macross quater left Frontier. And the Ozma and Alto fight was great!!It also looks like Luca actually has some good piloting skills too. And I loved the end song. I'm only sad, because I thought Grace finall got it, but nope she's still alive. And will someone just assinate Leon already!?

:(

On a side note, did anyone else just get a ISP data base error? :unsure:

:o I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

I like how the Macross quater left Frontier. And the Ozma and Alto fight was great!!It also looks like Luca actually has some good piloting skills too. And I loved the end song. I'm only sad, because I thought Grace finall got it, but nope she's still alive. And will someone just assinate Leon already!?

:(

On a side note, did anyone else just get a ISP data base error? :unsure:

Yeah...I did.

I assumed that it was some kind of powerful jamming wave emitted from the pics of the Vajra planet...

So if what Kawamori said is true and that Frontier is supposed to receive a culture shock of their own, does this mean Wilder=Breetai and Leon=Bodolza?

And I'm kind of confused on how Luca and Alto could be broadcasting Skull 3 & 4's IFF if they weren't in their VF-25s? I thought IFF signals were tied to the hardware, and in this case their fighters? Or are they tied into their SMS flight suits (which makes no sense to me, but what do I know)?

That's 12 hours. Leave if you don't want to be spoiled.

-Considering the circumstances, AltoxSheryl doesn't feel right. I'm not a Ranka fan. And we'll get to her issue in a minute. I'm not a fan of pity or sorrow-type relationships. I do wish, if Alto made a choice, it would have been if he didn't know. Knowing someone is going to die or not be around changes the circumstances a lot. If Alto made this choice without this fact, I would agree with it more. But in light of Alto finding out now, AltoxSheryl just does not work.

-Ranka said her goodbyes. RankaxAlto doesn't have the weight that it could have. She gave up and made her choice. She probably regrets it under the circumstances, but she's going with her gut (no pun intended) and she's sticking to it. She stays at neutral till the series ends.

-AltoxNobody works. :)

-Which brings us to the 3rd point of this triangle. If Alto uses Ranka to save Sheryl, he's no better than Mishima and Luca. But if he chooses Ranka, then he's a jerk. Unless Sheryl dies and some time passes. Ozma is right. Alto needs to figure it all out. Alto needs to answer the "Why?" in the question. Ozma does for the people he loves. Alto needs to figure this out himself and find his own path or fall to the dark side you will.

-Luca...Much fear I sense in you. The cloud of the dark side I sense over you. Oh wait, that's just Darth Sid...Leon.

-The animator who did Ranka's dance must have done Sheryl's dance as well. He should get a raise for getting the movements so close to the real people. :lol:

-Luca actually used chaff/flares with his VF-171. I'm impressed. He actually dropped them instead of being cannon fodder.

-Speaking of the VF-171. They upgraded it. Guess that rules out the VF-25.

-Now, if Alto and Sheryl did rock the boat...I hope Alto had protection. :lol:

Someone mentioned Gundam Seen Destiny elsewhere....great now I see some parallels. I need kill that person. I just got it out of my head and now it's back there. :angry:

Hey, I dig your observation. ^_^ I also feel that AltoxSheryl doesn't feel right here. Or how the way things flowed, it just wasn't clicking. But I also feel that it wouldn't feel right if Alto leaves Sheryl after what he said to her. Ultimately, I feel that Sheryl herself will let Alto go. I know Alto's bound to falter later on with how Ozma left him like that, and I can't see Sheryl begging Alto to stay with her so that she "can continue to keep singing". Sheryl's new song Fairy kind of tells me that she'll somehow turn out fine with or without Alto.

I love that Luca doesn't have a rosy cheeks anymore. Could this be proof that he's maturing :lol: And how did Galaxy minds find Vajra homeland when they are not there? Perhaps they are using Brera as their eyes?

maybe you're right that the iff signals are tied to their ex-gear XD

maybe Ranka will transform to an alien queen herself just like the one that produces eggs haha joke! (very Alien series scene on that episode where we see the queen and all the eggs - even the design hehe) XD

what does LAI mean haha Luca Angellioni International? :)

and what is the parallelism to GSD?

ultimately, maybe Alto outright saying and acting (by acting, I mean siding/hugging/etc) which one of the two does he really have feelings for - Sheryl or Ranka - will be his final character development hehe <--- real blockhead hehe :)

Edited by shinkirou