Macross Frontier Episode 22 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Ratings?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 22 rating?

• Positive (I say we MDE the Vajra from orbit. Only way to be sure.)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Ranka is a self-centered b*tch. Sheryl will die of Space AIDS)

actually I was wondering the same thing. well maybe not a "love scene" but it did look like he went in for the kiss and or she maybe put her head up on his chest. There was definitely -a move- haha I had to back it up a few times since at first glance I was like

:blink: did that just happen!?

If it did, this is good for her.... :rolleyes:

Edited by rubi

Since the v-type virus is bloodborne, shouldn't Alto be um, concerned with protection between himself and Sheryl?

Too much information... :rolleyes:

Btw...

I liked how

Bobby comforted Cathy for her father's death

... It seemed pretty ironic since at the earlier episodes he seemed to dislike her a lot... :mellow:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

This episode ain't so bad. I like Sheryl's new song. I wonder which episode they're going to play it fully since we know we only have 25 episodes.

Things I understood without the subs so help me God. :lol:

Ozma and Cathy's investigation somehow led them to siding with the Vajra---maybe understanding why Ranka left---other than the fact that Leon isn't to be trusted. They informed every member of SMS that they'll be going after Ranka or something similar. Alto received the message, but was interrupted when Sheryl woke up. Alto was carried away by Sheryl's condition, I see it as a spur of the moment projected from what happened to his mom but don't let me ruin your own view, and told her that he'll stay by her side till the last moment. Cut to Ranka telling Ai-kun that she feels glad at the moment, but also in pain at the same time. I could only guess. Cut to Alto later on. He finally read the message and (my, is he afraid of Ranka now? what a face) chose to stick to what he decided nonetheless. As SMS Quarter made its departure, Klan (?), Luca, and Alto stayed behind acting as the opposition.

Ozma and Alto had a showdown, and Ozma passive aggressively insulted Alto while they battle. He then confronted him and said, "To whom are your wings for?". He said Ranka chose her own path, he--himself--chose his own (which is to find Ranka), and brought back the question to Alto. "How about you? Where is your path?" Alto's frustration went max and all he could do was scream.

The finale will absolutely be astounding with things being set-up like this. I can't wait. Great episode.

This episode ain't so bad. I like Sheryl's new song. I wonder which episode they're going to play it fully since we know we only have 25 episodes.

Ozma and Cathy's investigation somehow led them to siding with the Vajra---maybe understanding why Ranka left---other than the fact that Leon isn't to be trusted. They informed every member of SMS that they'll be going after Ranka or something similar. Alto received the message, but was interrupted when Sheryl woke up. Alto was carried away by Sheryl's condition, I see it as a spur of the moment projected from what happened to his mom but don't let me ruin your own view, and told her that he'll stay by her side till the last moment. Cut to Ranka telling Ai-kun that she feels glad at the moment, but also in pain at the same time. I could only guess. Cut to Alto later on. He finally read the message and (my, is he afraid of Ranka now? what a face) chose to stick to what he decided nonetheless. As SMS Quarter made its departure, Klan (?), Luca, and Alto stayed behind acting as the opposition.

Ozma and Alto had a showdown, and Ozma passive aggressively insulted Alto while they battle. He then confronted him and said, "To whom are your wings for?". He said Ranka chose her own path, he--himself--chose his own (which is to find Ranka), and brought back the question to Alto. "How about you? Where is your path?" Alto's frustration went max and all he could do was scream.

The finale will absolutely be astounding with things being set-up like this. I can't wait. Great episode.

Great job man... U should do your own fansubs... Btw, did you understand what was said at the very end? Does anybody has a pic of the

Protoculture Triangler Planet

that appeared then? :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

At least it will end (hopefully gloriously) in three weeks.

That I think we won't see. I think we'll have to wait for MACROSS FRONTIER - SECOND MISSION (or whatever they decide to call it) in about 6 months.......... B))

Did you understand what was said at the very end? Does anybody has a pic of the
Protoculture Triangler Planet

that appeared then?

You mean this?

GA: "Finally!" "We've reached it!"

Grace: "Yes. To the planet where the true queen of the Vajra resides. To our treasure island!" (Not 100% sure about this one)

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Nice infectology/virology tech talk there (I'm a medical doctor, so I understood everything, hehe)... But I think that in the end it will all depend on Kawamori's own personal choice, since he's the big cheese, not his writers...

And don't underestimate metaphysical explanations, since "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"... ^_^ I'm positive we are going to have serious "magical" stuff from now on until the end of the series...

Yes, given Kawamori's tendencies, I am expecting a more mystical ending but with probably enough room for the nerds like us to suggest a mind-body connection (the potential mystical-scientific link). I figure there's enough literature to indicate that people have fought off cancer against all odds(and wi th chemo being of limited likelihood to succeed) simply based on a will to live. Sheryl's pretty strong-willed.

And regarding the question about the risk to Alto, theoretically there is a risk... assuming there was exposure first and then on top of that, he'd have had to have enough of an infective dose. Disease is never that simple :) Just as there's a chance that Sheryl could fight this off on her own, there's probability that IF exchange of fluids is the main form of transmission, that anything from dose to Alto's own immunity could fight it off.

Heh. Anyways... my download of the raw is done. bbl. must go watch and think nerdy thoughts.

Edited by s-girl

Don't think they directly sided with the Vajra. If you ask me it's because they now know Leon murdered President Glass, that's what causes the SMS to break off. The message that are sent to all SMS personell is probably for rallying them to this. Since Klan is seen saluting the Quarter, rather than trying to stop it I think we can assume she isn't opposing them... for now at least.

I believe Ozma calls Alto something like a hothead, and that's why he didn't involve him. Also, he asks him if he isn't just riding along now, with the circumstances, with his feelings at this moment. (Like some acting princess perhaps? ^_^). As opposed to have a reason for doing what he does. Ozma also says that his own course of action now is what is best for the sake of protecting his "precious women".

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

while everyone wants to use the most literal translation, I think Ozma is really asking

Alto, who do you really fly for?

and says something like

"What I'm doing is best to protect the woman I love."

The rough translations tend to overcomplicate matters and see another meaning that isn't there...

I'm usually pretty good at getting the intended meaning/context when translating from literal translation to *real* translation... but take that for what it's worth, friends.

while everyone wants to use the most literal translation, I think Ozma is really asking

Alto, who do you really fly for?

and says something like

"What I'm doing is best to protect the woman I love."

The rough translations tend to overcomplicate matters and see another meaning that isn't there...

I'm usually pretty good at getting the intended meaning/context when translating from literal translation to *real* translation... but take that for what it's worth, friends.

He's asking why Alto chooses to fly. It can be a person or a cause. He's just putting him to the edge, questioning wether he really has a reason.

Also its definately plural when Ozma speaks of his own reasons. I assume he means Cathy and Ranka.

I vote for that altoXsheryl kiss did really happen XD

1.) preparation: alto's right hand on sheryl's left check

2.) dialogue: sheryl saying the "give me courage so i could keep on singing forever" line

3.) head swivel: as the focus of the video is going up, we see that the angle of their heads align with each other.

4.) meeting: head of alto going down and sheryl's going up

* you could pause it before the scene where the bamboo shade/curtain(?) is shown and it would be really funny if they only meet nosetips or forehead to forehead with each other hehe

ergo, they kissed XD

yay! :rolleyes:

"True Begin" (Yes, not beginning, but begin)

Actually, despite not knowing nihongo at all, I think I heard the narrator say

"begining"

... :wacko:

You mean this?

GA: "Finally!" "We've reached it!"

Grace: "Yes. To the planet where the true queen of the Vajra resides. To our treasure island!" (Not 100% sure about this one)

Sara Nome?

Mao Nome?

The birdman?

:blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

What explanation do you guys have/speculate for Klan Klan not going with the Quarter?

I was wondering if she's taking on Michael's role and watching over his two teammembers who have chosen to stay with NUNS... or just staying neutroal

What is it that Grace says in the end?

"Bajura no shin ojou musuma hoshii .....watashi tachi no utau hajimari" . I think she says that finally, the new vajra queen has arrived (on planet) ??? Our song is beginning (???)

Edited by wolfx

Actually, despite not knowing nihongo at all, I think I heard the narrator say

"begining"

... :wacko:

The katakana reads "トゥルー・ビギン", "Turuu bigin", "True begin".

What is it that Grace says in the end?

"Bajura no shin ....." something something. I think she says that finally, the new vajra queen has arrived (on planet) ???

I believe she says "Bajura no shin no joou no sumai hoshi" The dwelling of the true Vajra queen. But I'm still a bit unsure.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

What explanation do you guys have/speculate for Klan Klan not going with the Quarter?

I was wondering if she's taking on Michael's role and watching over his two teammembers who have chosen to stay with NUNS... or just staying neutroal

I like the reasons that you give for her staying put.

I thought that the Pixie Squad exists independently of the SMS. When Klan was first seen in action, didn't Ozma later thank her for her cooperation in training with Alto?

I

think Klan understands what Macross Quarter is trying to do unlike Alto and Luca. However, her hatred for the Vajra d/t Michael's death is probably the reason why she's going to aid Frontier in its crusade towards the Vajra. You probably don't want her to meet the Vajra Queen, or the little queen for that matter.

Great, we're gonna have Grace fanboys for the next week

:rolleyes:

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20ml8.jpg

Uhmmmm....

Is she grasping her "hopes and dreams?"

:lol:

BTW... was browsing through animesuki and one of the members posted some screen shots. Yummy...... http://community.livejournal.com/whatboutmystar/7801.html

Edited by grss1982

I think we're really geared now for an epic sing-off or an epic duet at ep 25 Your Sound XD

lots of magic power on the upcoming episodes or at least at the finale

Dave Fleischer's Gulliver's Travels (1939) anyone?

Where

during DYRL does the swirl formation show up

?

When Hikaru activates the city computer a symbol is shown.

DYRLprotoculturesymbol.jpg

The swirl is a combination of both the Protoculture spiral and the symbol shown in DYRL. This leads me to speculate that this is the Protoculture homeworld. Where it all began.