Macross Frontier Episode 22 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Ratings?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 22 rating?

• Positive (I say we MDE the Vajra from orbit. Only way to be sure.)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Ranka is a self-centered b*tch. Sheryl will die of Space AIDS)

Welcome to the Macross Frontier Episode 22 Talkback Thread

Previous Episode threads:

Episode 16: "Ranka Attack"

Episode 17: "Goodbye Sister"

Episode 18: "Fold Fame"

Episode 19: "Trianguler" + "Lion" CD Single (2nd Opening & Ending theme

Episode 20: "Diamond Crevasse"

Episode 21: "Ao no Eeteru (Blue Ether)"

Guidelines:

• Macross Frontier episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum beyond this post. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, Veoh.com or related video-sharing or video streaming site links, Rapidshare/Megaupload/etc. links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. We will provide download locations for you. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to a mod if you have a file sharing link that is not listed and it will be added within 24 hours or send Boinger a PM with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk to the Mecha Thread and news for the News Thread. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers (i.e. rumors or magazine scans of future episodes) for the News thread. Previews for the next week's episode are excluded from this rule.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).
  • Please use spoiler tags for the first 12-hours after an episode airs.
  • For summaries and screenshots, please check out Random Curiosity's Anime Blog (Please remember, no image linking from that blog. Text links only.) :)

Availability

• Raw: 480x270 WMV (I can't see jack), 1280x720 DivX684 AVI, 704x396 DivX684 AVI, 1440x1080 x264-AAC MP4, 1280x720 x264 MP4 (CBC broadcast)
  • Subtitled:

• Chinese: 848x480 RMVB
    • English: [gg] MKV + subtitle script, [Lunar] MKV + AVI
    • Spanish: [WZF] X264-AAC 848x480 MP4

Episode download links

General sites (Raws and subtitled, but mostly Raws)

Subtitled versions

Other

Thread and poll opens at Thursday (9/04), 12:25PM EST/9:25AM PST (25:25 JST)

Alto was badass in his VF, when they were chasing those lobsters

:), So what did Sheryl say .... and what did Leon/Luca actually say ^^ ?

AltoxSheryl = win, SMS=win, Grace gets shot = win, Quater goes awol = more win

Woow Alto vs Ozma and both nearly killed each other O.o

Grace survived and killed all her assasins, Ranka and Brera find the Vajra homeworld, but Galaxy annonimous sees it aswell, Grace takes out a Vf-27

Gief mawr please

P.S.

Negative (Ranka is a self-centered b*tch. Sheryl will die of Space AIDS)

Can every entry on V-type virus be changed to that please ^^

Edited by whispo

Alto was badass in his VF, when they were chasing those lobsters

:), So what did Sheryl say .... and what did Leon/Luca actually say ^^ ?

AltoxSheryl = win, SMS=win, Grace gets shot = win, Quater goes awol = more win

Woow Alto vs Ozma and both nearly killed each other O.o

Grace survived and killed all he assasins, Ranka and Brera find the Vajra homeworld, but Galaxy annonimous sees it aswell, Grace takes out a Vf-27

Hrmm.... I don't think

Alto and Ozma were fighting... more like Ozma is stopping Alto from suiciding w the rest of the team... Alto's an official "protected princess" now. I can't figure out WHY Ozma is doing that though... for Ranka? I don't think so... weird... and doh! Luca is being spared as well...

Hrmm.... I don't think

Alto and Ozma were fighting... more like Ozma is stopping Alto from suiciding w the rest of the team... Alto's an official "protected princess" now. I can't figure out WHY Ozma is doing that though... for Ranka? I don't think so... weird... and doh! Luca is being spared as well...

still he nearly got him

;)

Edited by whispo

Leon has officially f*cked up.

His useless attempt to kill Grace will most assuredly result in a super painful death for him!

At the same time Grace

In a flight suit = SUPER HOT!!! Did she stow away on the Quarter?

I can't wait for the subs, as I'd love to know what the hell Alto was thinking in

Defecting to the NUNS with Luca. Luca I can understand because he's stupid as all hell, but I expected better of Alto.

I also assume the Macross Quarter was

on a mission to retrieve Ranka, but that Vajra planet every defolded at looked suspiciously Earth like, complete with moon. Though it had taht strange external cloud thing.

Definately good stuff coming up.

dude, Ozma Vs. Alto dogfight was the most win thing ever...

so was that gracea with the VF-27 at the end?

:blink:

couldn't tell thanks to crappy live stream

<_<

so how many times ARE they gonna kill her?

Hrmm.... I don't think

He told Alto he needed to figure out "what his wings were for". In other words, "stay with Sheryl, you dumbass"

Edited by musouka

I think now even Frontier is divided in terms of

Sheryl vs Ranka fans. LOL! Quarter looks like they will join up with Ranka and show Frontier "the light".

Seems they were planning to take out Battle Frontier first. However it changed to folding away? Not sure. But it seems 70% of the SMS defected.

SMS was going to be absorbed into the NUNS just before they defected.

Ozma really has some of the best lines in the show. Way showing those punks up. Telling him that he only lives on the moment, riding his emotions as they come, (acting princess anyone?) He asks him just what are his wings for?

Seems that Sheryl will die once the V-type infection has completely spread into her brain. But before it comes to that, she's now starting to emit the same abilities as Ranka does. Her earing will be crucial for it to work. Klan told Alto that Sheryl is dying.

Leon trying to assassinate Grace under the words "One conqueror of the galaxy is enough" shows just how much he fears her. And the fact that she single handled killed all those soldiers is proof that fool decision of his gonna bite him in the ass.

It seems MDE-rounds aren't the same as the Fold-Bomb used in the last episode. Might be mistaken but the regular missilies used in this episode during the Vajra hunt seemed to be MDE-rounds

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Leon is up to his tricks again. SMS knows he killed the president.

Elmo saves Sheryl's career

Leon's claws are out for Sheryl now Ranka is gone.

Luca is such a tool.

The New President tries to rub out Grace not that they can kill her. Unless she can't reach her resurection ship.(Galaxy) Grace board's a VF-27.

Wilder pulls a Kirk. Gets his crew to escape Frontier.

Alto is left adrift. Now with NUNS.

Klan is the crew's last link to Frontier.

Meanwhile Brera and Rankafinds a M-class planet with a white ring and spiral formation cloud. Similar to both DYRL and Zero symbols.

The Protoculture homeworld? They never did say it was destroyed. It is inhabited by Vajra most likely.

Edited by RedWolf

He told Alto he needed to figure out "what his wings were for". In other words, "stay with Sheryl, you dumbass"

Ahh... thanks ... it makes much better sense now. True... at that point... the little boys are just going to

mess things up.

:p

Yeah!

leave it to the big boys! (and ermm... girls)

but why wasn't Klan with them? different team? I only managed to catch the last 10 mins or so... saw Klan saluting them

Holy crap. I've been officially decultured. I was not expecting some of those plot twists at the end of the episode.

Though, up until then, it was a nice character episode. I really enjoyed the catching up with a lot of the sub-characters. And I especially loved the Alto-Sheryl scene. "Will they, or won't they?" :lol:

She stole Nanase's :ph34r:

la Gasp! :o

also, am I the only one who finds the whole Sheryl "she's dying, then she's singing" thing a little bit annoying? It’s a bit too much like Moulin Rouge (hated that movie >_>) for my taste.

I think I heard, and I may not be correct on this, that SMS is to be used by NUNS, or become the new NUNS. However, given what happens later (Alto & Luca vs. Ozuma and SMS Tawny VF-25s), I'm starting to think that it may have been NUNS taking personnel from SMS (going further out on a limb here: possibly due to an agreement with Bilrer or something.)

That Cathy fondling herself was pure fan service. Is she a clone of Xenia Onatopp??? Though, I felt that it was her real body there.

The post-credit closing shot of the Vajra homeworld has got me thinking that all the Vajra that we have seen until now are merely automations controlled via the fold crystals. Have we met a *real* Vajra yet? We'll see next episode.

Just a verry quick question for the japanese speaking people:

Why did they leave Alto, Luca and Klan behind?

la Gasp! :o

also, am I the only one who finds the whole Sheryl "she's dying, then she's singing" thing a little bit annoying? It’s a bit too much like Moulin Rouge (hated that movie >_>) for my taste.

You are right never seen Sheryl

in such terrible state ever

, it really makes you depressed doesn't it ?

Wilder pulls a Kirk. Gets his crew to escape Frontier.

Correction

Wilder pulled a Kodai. That whole stunt in ST III was stolen from Yamato 2. The Yamato gets mothballed in favor of the newer fancier Andromeda, Yamada sabotages the Andromeda so it can't chase after Kodai & co while they steal the Yamato, etc. Know your Uchuu Senkan Yamato!

I think I heard, and I may not be correct on this, that SMS is to be used by NUNS, or become the new NUNS. However, given what happens later (Alto & Luca vs. Ozuma and SMS Tawny VF-25s), I'm starting to think that it may have been NUNS taking personnel from SMS (going further out on a limb here: possibly due to an agreement with Bilrer or something.)

I believe Leon arranged it with Bilrer to have the SMS to be completely absorbed into the NUNS. Of course before that happens Ozma is found, Leon's treachery is found out, and 70% of the SMS end up defecting from Frontier instead.

Details are great. Thanks guys for posting them :) (Firewalled behind work so can't access raw.)

Looks like I guessed right on the virus amplification resulting in Sheryl's abilities.

What else did they say about the virus in Sheryl (e.g., scans, blood work) or previous human infections? Right now, we are only supposing Sheryl will die based on what Grace said and in that we saw the hydra go bonkers.

Immunologic reactions are dictated according to several variations -- speciies specific and even down to our own individual DNA. What kills one person could be fought off by another. Not that Kawamori has to follow general science, but I dug up something on V-type infections and they do exist in regular medical literature... just google v-type virus

Details are great. Thanks guys for posting them :) (Firewalled behind work so can't access raw.)

Looks like I guessed right on the virus amplification resulting in Sheryl's abilities.

What else did they say about the virus in Sheryl (e.g., scans, blood work) or previous human infections? Right now, we are only supposing Sheryl will die based on what Grace said and in that we saw the hydra go bonkers.

Immunologic reactions are dictated according to several variations -- speciies specific and even down to our own individual DNA. What kills one person could be fought off by another. Not that Kawamori has to follow general science, but I dug up something on V-type infections and they do exist in regular medical literature... just google v-type virus

I believe Luca states the virus shares traits with Vajra body fluids and blood types, and it is possible to create a serum to treat the disease from because of that. However once the virus reaches the brain it starts producing a certain toxin, and once that happens it's no longer possible to treat it. But it's in this state that her voice has started to emit faint fold waves. That's about it. Also its a blood disease, so the rate of contraction is low.

EDIT: some parts about the similiarites with Vajra blood still eludes me.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

I believe Luca states that once the virus reaches the brain it starts producing a certain toxin, and once that happens it's no longer possible to treat. But it's in this state that her voice has started to emit faint fold waves. Also the virus shares some similarities with Vajra blood types(?), and that it seems to be low concentration in the blood, making it difficult to find, not too sure. Erk, medical words is not my thing. That's about it.

Sorry to be dragging this out due to the lack of a raw. Was Luca stating this though without any on-screen or spoken evidence that they had pulled any diagnostic tests (brain scans, bloodwork) on Sheryl?

Sheryl never had a proper blood test in the hospital since everything was switched around. If Sheryl is an engineered human with some Vajra dna (unbeknownst to her) she may be able to either withstand the toxin or her body may find an equilibrium point.

I know I'm getting very technical here, but I'm still bothered by Grace makign the blood vial switch. It's clear from the last few episodes that she didnt' fully understand "the mysteries behind the Queen" until she had dissected the Vajra, who to me had looked like had something found inside it... if those same items are in ranka and sheryl, then hmmm...

Sorry to be dragging this out due to the lack of a raw. Was Luca stating this though without any on-screen or spoken evidence that they had pulled any diagnostic tests (brain scans, bloodwork) on Sheryl?

Sheryl never had a proper blood test in the hospital since everything was switched around. If Sheryl is an engineered human with some Vajra dna (unbeknownst to her) she may be able to either withstand the toxin or her body may find an equilibrium point.

I know I'm getting very technical here, but I'm still bothered by Grace makign the blood vial switch. It's clear from the last few episodes that she didnt' fully understand "the mysteries behind the Queen" until she had dissected the Vajra, who to me had looked like had something found inside it... if those same items are in ranka and sheryl, then hmmm...

Well Leon was there with Luca, so I'm kind of guessing he knows this stuff from Grace's information.

All I find is information on v-type ATPases, which has nothing to do with viruses. The closest thing in viruses would be those that have a v-type domain, In this case v = variable. This does play a role in viral susceptibility, but I don't think that it is what the "v" in the v-type virus stands for.