Which of the CONFIRMED VF100's are you looking forward to the most

UN Spacy

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the CONFIRMED VF100's are you looking forward to the most?

• VF-0
    • VF-1
    • VF-4
    • YF-19
    • VF-19
    • YF-21
    • VF-171
    • VF-25
    • VF-27

(Confused) I don't know what that means. ^_^
Do you remember George Costanza? ^_^

Sometimes it means "I don't accept your apologies," and sometimes it means "No need to apologize." I was using the latter meaning.

I hope for Mylene's valk, VF-3000, VF-5000, and VF-14.
Yes to all! But a MAXL would be especially boobalicious. :wub:

And if I could have exactly four valks expelled from this line, then it would be the fire bomber squad.

do you REALLY need another VF-1?

I do, if I'm collecting 1/100 valks.

I'm saddened to see that the VF-19 ranks so low with everybody, come on VF-19S Blazer!!!

And to add misery it's sharing the same amount of votes with the boring YF-19...

Edited by lechuck

If I could have only one valk made from this line, it'd be Mylene's. VF-4 is good, but it's not a "valk with boobs". And pink. :D

Seriously! I don't get why so many Macross fans don't love the MAXL. Have you ever heard someone say "This thing is so cool...the only way it could be cooler is if it had tits"?

Well HELLO!

post-1886-1220550463_thumb.png

Even though I'm a huge fan of the VF-4, I had to vote for the VF-171. I've got resin kits for the VF-4, but nothin' at all for the VF-171 yet. Granted, I'd be most happy with a 1/72 model kit to go with the rest of my fleet, but I'll "settle" for a 1/100 toy in the meantime. :D

do you REALLY need another VF-1?

no....it's just my favorite. I guess I misunderstood the purpose of this poll until recently. If it is going the way I think then I guess I would change my vote to a VF-4 as well. It's aight....but not uber cool.

:ph34r:

Easy, VF-4. After that, I hope for Mylene's valk, VF-3000, VF-5000, and VF-14. I don't need smaller versions of stuff that's already available---the whole point of the line (IMHO) should be to make valks that aren't popular enough to justify the development of 1/60 ones.

I completely disagree wtih you. The line should make AFFORDABLE valks the priority. I'd like to see some more obscure stuff, but I can't justify dropping $150+ on a single toy, but $150 on 3 (especially if they have armor/stands/etc) I'd be much more inclined to do.

waht!!? no vf-17!!? seriously what will it take a company to make a decent looking diamond force vf-17!!?

Like you, I really wanted something cool of the original VF-17 Nightmare from M7.

from the Macross Compendium:

[since the VF-17 Nightmare proved difficult to mass-manufacture, the VF-171 has been comparatively downgraded. However, it also received various improvements and modifications to extend the unit's service use including improved aerodynamic characteristics, and enhanced maneuverability. Its low cost, ease of piloting, and variety of optional equipment have made it highly versatile and cost-effective.]

It's interesting that the Macross Compendium would put that because it also states that the VF-17A and the VF17D are mass production type VF-17 Valkyries.

I do prefer the more blunt look of the VF-17. It looks more stealthy IMO. But, just like the VF-4 not being a larger scale, I'll take what I can get. Even if it's not exactly the VF-17s.

post-690-1220553768_thumb.gif vs post-690-1220553778_thumb.png

Edited by sharky

I do prefer the more blunt look of the VF-17. It looks more stealthy IMO. But, just like the VF-4 not being a larger scale, I'll take what I can get. Even if it's not exactly the VF-17s.

thanks for the comparo pics. imo the pic of the vf-17 looks like a falcon in mid dive. the pic of the vf-171 looks like a penguin.

So when did the VF-2ss was mentioned? I thought it was listed and it's the one I want the most, but now I'd like to know if it's gonna be released at all. Anybody?

I actually don't think it was ever listed, the main hint was the Macross II title listed on the bottom of the ad, amongst the other Macross titles such as Zero, SDF Macross, Macross 7, and Plus. Since the 2SS has a niche following, is the most popular valk from II, and II is listed, I think if any valk comes from that movie, it'll be the 2SS, which can be released with red, yellow, and blue trim. I remember Nexx specifically having a different gun.

I for one would want the red mecha he fought(man its been so long since I've watched it), the Metal Siren, and VF-2JA(MAN that thing doesn't get any love, and its an awesome design!).

I think this line will be awesome if the obscure valks make it into the lineup, its good for us since it won't break the wallet. Potentially more articulate than a Revoltech valkyrie, and with a sculpt better than perfect transformation valk toys, but not as good as model kits, we could have a good winner here. It can't do what a model does best(look the more accurate/best), but it can pull off what most perfect transformation valks can't(look accurate, and be more articulated). Sure technology is improving and advancing some might say at an alarming rate, but as it stands it seems that designing a perfect transformation toy for any company designing a valk toy is hard enough as it is.

So when did the VF-2ss was mentioned? I thought it was listed and it's the one I want the most, but now I'd like to know if it's gonna be released at all. Anybody?

The VF-2SS was never confirmed and no release date has been given.

Since Macross II was on the list everyone's jumping the gun that it will eventually be released.

I may be in the minority on this, but seeing as these will not be perfect transformation these will be more of display pieces for me and as such really want Bandai to detail the crap out of them with tons of tampo printing, panel lines and weathering. Basically a Macross line of the Gundam Fix Figuration, heck I'd even take the fix figuration crappy soft plastic and the tendency to fall apart as long as once together look as good.

The VF-2SS was never confirmed and no release date has been given.

Since Macross II was on the list everyone's jumping the gun that it will eventually be released.

The thing is this: We're talking about Bandai here, who's the one working on this line of toys. Bandai, AFAIK, was the only company that released a Macross II Valk kit.

I may be in the minority on this, but seeing as these will not be perfect transformation these will be more of display pieces for me and as such really want Bandai to detail the crap out of them with tons of tampo printing, panel lines and weathering. Basically a Macross line of the Gundam Fix Figuration, heck I'd even take the fix figuration crappy soft plastic and the tendency to fall apart as long as once together look as good.

You know, even FIX figuration Gundam toys come with a TON of accessories, usually so many that you can transform the figure from one mobile suit to another. I haven't seen where the VF-25 will be coming with anything extra, but I'm hoping that's just b/c there isn't a ton of info on it yet. If it comes with different armors and stuff, then I might not care too much about perfect transformation if it looks beautiful in battroid and fighter modes.

• 8 months later...

VF-171 !!!

There's never been a decent toy done for the VF-17. i have the Bandai toy and it's pitiful. I think part of the reason is a scaling issue. In the series, the parts don't remain a consistent size when it changes modes.

When Macross F came out, The VF-17 was reshaped into the VF-171 to actually transform realistically now that the valkyries are being done via CGI.

Yamato.

1. Look at this poll.

2. Put the VF-4 at the top of your 1/60 PT list.

3. Profit. Believe me you'll profit.

K THX BYE!

Edited by UN Spacy