Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Wasn't this thread at like page 48??

Forum settings changed to have more posts per page?

It also happens to be a CG image.

Still pretty tasteless...

"I have the coolest, most futuristic tape dispenser in the world! I wish my PS3 looked more like it..."

Post-its!

Edited by shiroikaze

What I meant was that I do not believe it is real.

It's already been determined that it's not real. The magazine that use the image took it from this guy's flicker. Which isn't to say that there isn't going to be a PS3 slim, just that it's going to look like the one we've been seeing for a few months, not this guy's fan-creation.

PSN: the_foul_fowl

A few mths back, I asked which was better: Resistance2 or Killzone2. Got both, and I gotta say, KZ2 is loads more fun than R2 IMO. The single player campaign is intense, and I prefer the grittier feel of the graphics and the inertia movement has. I'm also still having loads of fun with KZ2's multiplayer, pretty much playing a game or two every night. Any MW clan?

Anyone ever noticed that the standard Helghan trooper looks so much like the Protect Gear?

The original design was a bloated monstrosity, but it was a futuristic-looking bloated monstrosity with touch-sensitive areas instead of a real power button or eject button, and a shiny case with (in same cases) chrome trim.

The new PS3 Slim? Looks like a PSP battery.

So I'm finally getting a PS3. Slim or 80GB? Since both will be priced at 299, and the slim gets you 40 more GB, is there a reason to go with the 80gig? ... Other than potential QC issues with Slim.

it's all in the looks preference now. you can pick up a 250gb hdd for $50 if you wanted. I think once the fats are gone, that's it.

My main ps3 was an original 60gb (now 320), but it's actually too much space. I think it's more important to save money for an

external usb hdd, to do periodic full backups and just play movies from the external.

Cheaper PS3 + FFXIII release later this year should = a sales boost.

FFXIII is not exclusive anymore... althought it is still exclusive in Japan, and I expect the 360 version will come out much later - people who only has a 360, will most likely wait for 360 version.

I hope God of War 3 will come this year. PS3 simply doesn't has enough exclusive titles coming.

FFXIII is not exclusive anymore... althought it is still exclusive in Japan, and I expect the 360 version will come out much later - people who only has a 360, will most likely wait for 360 version.

I hope God of War 3 will come this year. PS3 simply doesn't has enough exclusive titles coming.

God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII aren't expected to hit either NA or PAL territories until 2010.

Sony's going to have to content themselves with the sales boost that comes from "slimmer and cheaper!" alone. I can't really think of any major exclusives for holiday '09... not that I see that as a huge deal. I can't think of any right now for the Xbox 360, either. All the good stuff's coming in 2010. We'll have to content ourselves with a new Call of Duty, Dragon Age Origins, and a handful of different Rock Band/Guitar Hero games this holiday.

batman sooo soooon woohoo!

but, exclusive wise for sure you can add demon souls and uncharted 2, possibly gt5.... i keep reading gt5 is done and they're just trying to figure out when to release it.

multiplats: tekken, assassins creed 2, mw2.

Don't forget Heavy Rain. That title is also generation a lot of buzz, and it's the reason I'll finally break down and buy a PS3 ^_^

as interesting as it looks, I don't think it's going to sell well, certainly not well enough to be a system mover. I hope it does well but I don't have any hopes that it will.

I love my 60 gig, just wish it didn't put out so much freakin' heat. What I think I may do is wait to see if they add PS2 compatability back in, and import a Japanese slim to replace my modded PS2, and use it amongst other thing to upscale my import DVD's, and play my import PS2/PS1 games. A year or so down the line though.

I really do like my launch ps3, I just wish it had a larger library of unique titles. Things like Devil May Cry and GTA I buy on the PS just because that's where I've always played them. Heavy Rain looks interesting, and I'll probably pick it up just because it's so different. The Last Guardian, GT5 and the new Ratchet are the main things I'm looking forward to on the PS3. FFXIII is probably a buy, since I've played all the others. I'd like to see more about it though.