Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Where's the video for the waggle controllers? That sounds pretty interesting and if it's more precise then the Wii controllers.....

Waggle, no matter how amazing it looks as a demo, is never good in reality.

Waggle, no matter how amazing it looks as a demo, is never good in reality.

I'm going to disagree with this. RE4 on Wii was awesome with the wii controllers. IMO it plays better then with the traditional controllers.

Just saw the tech demo for the new waggles. I'm liking them alot.

Ok, finally saw the FF14 trailer. Question:

How, in any way, is that really a NEW game? That looks exactly like a high-res upgrade/expansion pack to FF11. "Now with better textures and another whole nation to explore!"

I think I'll pass on "FF11, Version 2.0".

Their biggest announcement ended in a facepalm when they revealed FF14 to be an MMO. Had that been a straight up, old school (read: not sci fi) FF game, it would have been the biggest news of E3. Instead we get shat on.

They also wasted half of their press conference on the dildo thing.

Really, outside of The Last Guardian, I really didn't give a flying flarn.

The FF14 news is just a complete failure.

Ok, finally saw the FF14 trailer. Question:

How, in any way, is that really a NEW game? That looks exactly like a high-res upgrade/expansion pack to FF11. "Now with better textures and another whole nation to explore!"

I think I'll pass on "FF11, Version 2.0".

Hey guys...are you all confusing the "upcoming big new RPG game" to be FF14 rather than FF13? FF13 is what we're waiting for, not 14. Or am i misunderstanding your grouses?

Personally i think they should just seperate their MMOs numbers from the normal JRPG games then people won't be so confused.

Agreed, MMO's should "not" be counted in with the regular series. With that said, I actually own the PS2 version of FFXI, but never played it due to the wonkyness of setting up the ancient PS2 PSN account in the structure of the PS3. Why no modernization for that? Aside from this new game that is.

Hey guys...are you all confusing the "upcoming big new RPG game" to be FF14 rather than FF13? FF13 is what we're waiting for, not 14. Or am i misunderstanding your grouses?

FF13 isn't really Final Fantasy, its more like Phantasy Star meets, I dunno, Star Ocean. It has guns and mecha and... man, Square had me all excited that 14 would be going back to the series' roots, and it turns out to be an MMO. I mean, really, this was the big secret Sony was hiding? An MMO that maybe 100 or 200 thousand people will play?

Personally i think they should just seperate their MMOs numbers from the normal JRPG games then people won't be so confused.

The MMO FF game is 14.

Sony had a good show. At least Sony had a real live demo of its motion sensor controller.

The only games that interested me were GOWIII and Last Guardian. I'm done with pretty people RPGs from Square.

Microsoft had a good show too. If Natal is real ...wow. Nintendo was a joke..mostly casual BS.

Nintendo was a joke..mostly casual BS.

I dunno, I have always enjoyed their sports games, and the upcoming releases look like alot of fun. Also, I have yet to play a main entry in the Mario series that has failed to deliver a great gaming experience, and I expect MG2 to be no different. And Metroid, by Team Ninja? I mean, come on, awesomeness is. I'm not part of the "if it doesn't have guns, blood, and cursing in it, its not worth my time" crowd. Casual? Its fun. Isn't that why we all play video games?

Anywho, back on topic, Last Guardian looks to be amazing, and maybe I should finally check out a God of War game.

I'm not part of the "if it doesn't have guns, blood, and cursing in it, its not worth my time" crowd. Casual? Its fun. Isn't that why we all play video games?

Anywho, back on topic, Last Guardian looks to be amazing, and maybe I should finally check out a God of War game.

Neither I am. I play lots of casual games but Nintendo just seems to be content with the casual market with the same IPs and occasionally throwing a bone to core gamers...I can't blame them though.. $$$

FF13 isn't really Final Fantasy, its more like Phantasy Star meets, I dunno, Star Ocean. It has guns and mecha and... man, Square had me all excited that 14 would be going back to the series' roots, and it turns out to be an MMO. I mean, really, this was the big secret Sony was hiding? An MMO that maybe 100 or 200 thousand people will play?

Well....it only makes sense that they won't make a product that will compete with their FFXIII.

And the last time they went back to their roots, they came up with FFIX. I personally never played it but didn't hear much good things about it.

Sony had a good show. At least Sony had a real live demo of its motion sensor controller.

The only games that interested me were GOWIII and Last Guardian. I'm done with pretty people RPGs from Square.

Microsoft had a good show too. If Natal is real ...wow. Nintendo was a joke..mostly casual BS.

I think you're thinking of last year's show. For the record, my PS3 gets the most use, but as a media player. I do most of my gaming on PC or Xbox 360. And my Wii has more or less collected dust since last year, when Brawl came out.

Sony had an okay show. Not sold on their motion controller, and the PSP Go is too pricey to replace the one that actually plays the UMDs I own. No PS3 Slim, no price cuts. Some decent games coming out, but most of them were expected. The biggest surprise, FFXIV, is an MMO, which kind of dulls any excitement over it.

Microsoft had an okay show. Like Sony there are plenty of games coming, but it's mostly expected stuff. Some interesting new stuff like Last.fm coming, but what about the rumored Hulu service? Natal seems to be the big thing from their show, but again, I'm not sold on playing games by actually moving.

Nintendo, on the other hand, not only announced some unexpected games, but games I desperately want, especially the new Metroid, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Granted, SMG2 won't be out until next year, but those are hardly "casual BS." If NSMBW is as good as the DS version was, it could be a GOTY.

And the last time they went back to their roots, they came up with FFIX. I personally never played it but didn't hear much good things about it.

9 is one of the best ever. It's more like 4 or 6 than anything else. It is "FF4, if it was made 10 years later".

9 is one of the best ever. It's more like 4 or 6 than anything else. It is "FF4, if it was made 10 years later".

I'll second that. At minimum, it was the best of the PlayStation trio.

IX had me up until the 4th disc, where they (if I recall correctly) seemed to drop several storylines, and just rushed you to the ending. Its been years since I played it, but that was my impression as best I recall it. I felt let down, to a degree.

Its funny, reading several of the reports about FFXIV, almost every single one talks about how excited they were for the reveal and the title until they saw the word "online" come across the screen. Its as if everyone went into "meh" mode at that point. Way to drop the ball!

Oh hey, how about this story from Joystiq.com:

The Senior Vice President of Square Enix, Shinji Hashimoto, has started the super secret Square Enix press conference today by clarifying Final Fantasy XIV's exclusivity details. The game is currently pegged for the PS3 and PC, though "in terms of other hardware devices, including Microsoft's, we're considering all possibilities."

Nice "exclusive", Sony.

The Senior Vice President of Square Enix, Shinji Hashimoto, has started the super secret Square Enix press conference today by clarifying Final Fantasy XIV's exclusivity details. The game is currently pegged for the PS3 and PC, though "in terms of other hardware devices, including Microsoft's, we're considering all possibilities."

Nice "exclusive", Sony.

lol figures. It's probably a timed exclusive for the PS3

Nice "exclusive", Sony.

It's not just funny that this "exclusive" probably won't be. It's funny because this is the one time people probably don't even care if it's exclusive.

Ate the YLOD last night. :( Was in Home, blanked out. Dayum.

Could be either overheating or a disconnected hard drive.

Quick question......

Are you able to transfer save data from one console to another?

It depends on what game. Most will let you copy data from the hard drive onto a USB flash drive or any of the cards that fit into the slots on the PS3. However, some are copyright-protected, usually due to special content. Mercenaries 2 did that because of the pre-order costume bonuses.

It depends on what game. Most will let you copy data from the hard drive onto a USB flash drive or any of the cards that fit into the slots on the PS3. However, some are copyright-protected, usually due to special content. Mercenaries 2 did that because of the pre-order costume bonuses.

It's Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. I'll try tonight.

Is it as easy as plug and go? Or is there some sort of 20-step process.....