Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

BTW, anyone out there who pre-ordered Killzone 2 from Amazon and has the code for the Home costumes, and doesn't use Home (or ever plans to), please let me know. I'm willing to pay for that code!

Vostok 7

BTW, anyone out there who pre-ordered Killzone 2 from Amazon and has the code for the Home costumes, and doesn't use Home (or ever plans to), please let me know. I'm willing to pay for that code!

Vostok 7

And if you don't want money or anything, let ME know. :lol:

aaarrrggghhh!! I'm sooo mad at myself right now! I scratched up the top part of my PS3 where it says playstation 3! I know it's got not a big deal but to me it is and it bugs the hell out of me for doing it! Now that I think about it, why the hell did PS3 use a shiney case rather than the ps2 dull black case that's more scratch resistant? Sigh. Anyway, anybody know where I can buy a new replacement case? Well I really just need the cover where it says Playstation 3 replaced. any help will be appreciated. Thanx

There's plenty of skins, mostly in the laminate/sticker approach for changing colors. Should be able to go all matte pretty easy.

And if you don't want money or anything, let ME know.

Has Home really improved at all since beta? Or am I just not "getting" it? I use my PS3 for a lot of things day in and day out, but I imagine I could go to my grave without touching Home again.

There are a whole load of zones. At least 7 or 8 IIRC but I want to say 9 or 10. Xi lets you do all sorts of riddles and mini-games if you're into that. You can do Texas Hold'em in the EA Sports area, as well as race and what not to get free shirts, etc. THe social aspect doesn't look to be materializing as much as they probably wanted (for whatever reason) but there is much much more to do in Home than there was at launch. It's still in Beta, though, mostly because it's a completely new way to look at it. They're continually opening new spaces IIRC, it's supposed to be at least one per month for the rest of the year.

Yeah, Xi is a lot of fun. Fun minigames there.

There's themed spaces too for some games which have neat little interactivity or minigames.

I don't know what it used to be like, since I've only had the PS3 for about a week, but I enjoy it. I used to spend a lot of time in Active Worlds way back when which was very similar (and one of the first, long before Second Life took the popularity crown).

Vostok 7

This isn't surprising

http://kotaku.com/5273403/esrb-confirms-fi...vii-for-ps3-psp

Released last month on PlayStation Network in Japan, Final Fantasy Vee-Eye-Eye is on the way to North America's PSN soon, as this ESRB rating now confirms. You can play it on PS3 or PSP.

FFVII came out 12 long years ago for the original PlayStation, and was the first of the series to feature 3D graphics. Groundbreaking doesn't begin to describe its influence. Spoiler alert: Aeris dies.

Might buy it..been many years since I beat FF7 but this is going to look awful on HDTVs...

Still have the original discs. No need for the download for me. :)

Should be great for anyone who hasn't played FFVII before. (Also Metal Gear Solid was released on PSN not too long ago.)

Edited by shiroikaze

So I have been reading for three weeks that Sony is going to have some earth shattering announcement at E3 this year, and that they have clamped down hard on any mention of what it might be. I guess the buzz picked up again today amongst the press at E3.

So, I spent about an hour or so trying to figure out what it could possibly be with a friend of mine this evening, and anything short of a FF7 remake just didn't impress us that much. After how lame the MS press conference was, I can't imagine Sony is really going to be able to come up with something that really blows me out of the water tomorrow. Or even anything that really impresses me.

So I have been reading for three weeks that Sony is going to have some earth shattering announcement at E3 this year, and that they have clamped down hard on any mention of what it might be. I guess the buzz picked up again today amongst the press at E3.

So, I spent about an hour or so trying to figure out what it could possibly be with a friend of mine this evening, and anything short of a FF7 remake just didn't impress us that much. After how lame the MS press conference was, I can't imagine Sony is really going to be able to come up with something that really blows me out of the water tomorrow. Or even anything that really impresses me.

I predict other than the usual plus "surprise" lineup (FFXIII and Versus, GoW3, MAG, Trico, MGS, Drake 2, etc). PSN lineup, demos and services. Some talks about a new PS3 SKU and the PSP Go. Most importantly, they will be announcing the return of backwards compatibility. (Announcement of FFVII remake will be saved for next year :p)

...High hopes are of naught really....

PS4? :ph34r:

I'm imaginging PSP Go, PS3 Slim... Gran Turismo 5. <_<

I'd love to see a Macross Ace Frontier for PS3.

I'd love to see a much more grander Macross Ace Frontier which is more akin to Ace Combat in a nutshell for PS3 all platforms for everyone to enjoy.

Better. :)

Sorry if I come across as a dick, but I wish for the same thing as you I guess. :)

Edited by shiroikaze

I forget, just what did that tech demo turn out to be years ago? Was it the newer version of the FFVII intro that wound up being used for Crisis Core?

Speaking of FFVII, did anyone else pick up the bluray of Advent Children? I forget everyone's stance here, but I fall under the crowd of those who've watched it over a dozen times and have yet to tire of it. The Complete version add's just enough to make it feel like a new experience, lots of nice touch ups between the new & redone scenes. The new OVA episode is great too, though I wish they still included Last Order, actually, none of the DVD Extra's aside from Reminicence made the bluray release.

This marks my 5th purchase of Advent Children:

-1 disc HK when it hit DVD in Japan.

-2 Disc HK when it hit DVD in Japan

-First U.S. release

-Special Edition U.S. release with Last Order & all the other little extra's

-Bluray Complete

For anyone interested, it's definately worth the upgrade. After finally seeing footage of Before Crisis though, I wish they'd port it to the DS, as we'll never get the cell phone version.

Speaking of FFVII, did anyone else pick up the bluray of Advent Children? I forget everyone's stance here, but I fall under the crowd of those who've watched it over a dozen times and have yet to tire of it. The Complete version add's just enough to make it feel like a new experience, lots of nice touch ups between the new & redone scenes. The new OVA episode is great too, though I wish they still included Last Order, actually, none of the DVD Extra's aside from Reminicence made the bluray release.

I seen it, liked it, but I'm not buying it until I know that's the only release they're making. The movie's not perfect, but I admit they did a good job improving it over the original. However, they still didn't fix that floating, running monster in the first motorcyle fight scene.

I'm still peeved about waiting for the release of the original Special Edition Advent Children without any goodies (and no Last Order) only to find out they released a new Limited Edition DVD with some goodies (and still no Last Order).

Fast Forward today and the US Blu-Ray gets a release date with no mention of goodies (and possibly still no Last Order or Denzel's OAV...) I'm just gonna wait and see if they'll release anything afterwards.

Edited by shiroikaze

I seen it, liked it, but I'm not buying it until I know that's the only release they're making. The movie's not perfect, but I admit they did a good job improving it over the original. However, they still didn't fix that floating, running monster in the first motorcyle fight scene.

I'm still peeved about waiting for the release of the original Special Edition Advent Children without any goodies (and no Last Order) only to find out they released a new Limited Edition DVD with some goodies (and still no Last Order).

Fast Forward today and the US Blu-Ray gets a release date with no mention of goodies (and possibly still no Last Order or Denzel's OAV...) I'm just gonna wait and see if they'll release anything afterwards.

No, special edition with goodies "did" have Last Order.

You could just watch it. :)

IGN streaming it right? I'm heading on over there~

FFXIV.... online only? :(

No, special edition with goodies "did" have Last Order.

Really? You mean that the Limited Collector's Edition of Advent Children has Last Order? I didn't know that... funny Amazon didn't say anything about it...

[edit]Found the review stating it did as well... Oh well.

Edited by shiroikaze

Their biggest announcement ended in a facepalm when they revealed FF14 to be an MMO. Had that been a straight up, old school (read: not sci fi) FF game, it would have been the biggest news of E3. Instead we get shat on.

They also wasted half of their press conference on the dildo thing.