Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

I finally get to play MGS4 after getting my slim. It's a good game, but doesn't strike me as the killer-app to end all games. It's like 90% CG movie, 10% game... the CS' at the end of the Europe act literally went on for almost an hour <_< . I also didn't like the game structure, would have been better with 1 big map like the previous MGS'.

Says you, MGS4 is definately my killer app!

Speaking of which, when you get up to playing MGO, look up SMS Skull Team.

Edited by Keith

Lots of Japanese text, with mostly English menus. You'll won't have too much of a problem.

I wish Play-Asia would extend that 20% off everything promo to preorders as well...

ah thanks. If they added to the story moreso tha would prob disappoint me more, but its basically recaps so its all down to having macrossy action goodness !

Anyone get the latest PS3 system update? (3.00). Everything's sparkly! New logo, too. However, either PSN itself is down, or it killed the ability to sign in.

Yeah I just got it, PSN was a bit slow but it signed in ok

I'm loving Valkyria chronicles. The anime is good, but the game is like 1000% better! The English voice acting is also well above my expectation - Alicia sounds so chirpy, just want to give her a bit hug :p ! Brings back good memories from classic Turn based strategy games like X-Com and FF: Tactics.

It's a shame the sequel will be on PSP. I hope a badass adult Hans makes an appearance as an armored pork vehicle. His weapon of destruction will be the biological agent H1N1.

It's a shame the sequel will be on PSP. I hope a badass adult Hans makes an appearance as an armored pork vehicle. His weapon of destruction will be the biological agent H1N1.

*PuHi* say what? :blink:

Recommend a good Video to PSP Converter for me.

I've search around. Tried a couple of demos. Some work some don't. Free programs are good. I'll pay if it works but I am wary to pay Generic Video Internet Company I never heard about without some referrals.

I think I was using PSP Video or something when I had a PSP last year.

I think this is it:

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

not sure though.

I bought a PSP to play FFVII Crisis Core and sold it when I finished.

I think all I did was convert some SpongeBob videos for my kids.

I'm going to second the call for PSP Video 9. The company that makes it, Videora, makes converters for the various iPods too. If they've been keeping up with the PSP converter the way they have the iPod converter (I sold my original PSP, and even when I bought a new one later I didn't use it for videos) they might even have instructions for using DVD Decrypter to rip and convert from DVDs.

If anyone is interested,

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1571277

PSPGo is available for preorder from Dell for $212. Coupon may still work.

or

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=1573399

$180 as of now... if you have a DPA account.

[edit]And I didn't even think that the PSP has its own thread....

Edited by shiroikaze

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone played that new Gundam UC 0081 game yet?

Yeah, though I've put it on backburner between MGO & MUF. It plays like a "good" version of Crossfire. Meaning, same style of game, except it's not broken glitchy & full of suck. I've only played through 3-4 missions, but dare I say it's even...fun!

12 golds and nearly 200 bronzes, and that only counts for level 6? Sony must really ramp up the requirements as you go up. I'm at level 4, with only like 1/4 as many trophies.

Yes, 6 is where it really starts to get steep.

Heh. I remember trying to get into 6, I would get something a silver and 2 bronzes and only went from 95 to 96% on level 5. :wacko:

Then I got 2 more golds (IIRC finished Uncharted the first time through) and went to 99% :ph34r:

Anyone else playing uncharted 2? Just finished the game in normal and had a blast. The environmental puzzles were great, wonderful sense of height and motion.

It hasn't even been released in the UK yet... :( (It comes out tomorrow, got it on preorder)

Anyone else playing uncharted 2? Just finished the game in normal and had a blast. The environmental puzzles were great, wonderful sense of height and motion.

Didn't that just come out like two or three days ago?

I'm kind of interested in it and Brutal Legend, but I've just been drifting away from console games. Since I didn't get any of the DLC, I picked up the Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition and I've been having a blast with that.