Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

OK, so I took the Nestea Plunge. Since my PS3 is past it's manufacturer's warranty, I popped the damn thing open. Sure enough, the actual Power Supply is rated 110-240v, 50-60 MHz.

I have the CECHE01 80GB model from the MGS4 bundle, and it DOES have a Universal Power Source.

ok, that's good to know. korea uses 220 volts and i plan on getting a ps3 there whenever gran turismo 5 comes out.

Anyone see this game? "Listen to my song" is the first thing I thought. :lol:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/07/20/...-coming-to-ps3/

One feature in Retro/Grade that we are really excited about is the ability to pilot Rick’s ship using a guitar controller. You can use the fret buttons to move Rick’s ship to the desired space lane, and the strum bar acts as the shoot button. It’s a lot of fun to use the guitar, but it is equally fun with the DualShock 3 controller if you don’t have any guitar controllers handy. Players that play a lot more rhythm games will probably feel more comfortable wielding a plastic guitar whereas shoot ‘em up junkies looking for an innovative twist on the beloved genre will feel more comfortable with their trusty DualShock 3.

F*ck, I can barely keep up with Guitaroo Man, I never want to play that game ever, no matter how catchy the song is.

Project Diva, not weird backwards shoooter.

Edited by Keith

Can I get a "It's about damn time!"?

Seriously, I was hoping that they'd be shoveling out tons of DLC like they did for Pulse.

You sure can! I've just downloaded the pack and it is big (nearly 800mb!): New tracks, new ships & new game modes so there's plenty in it B))

Anyone see this game? "Listen to my song" is the first thing I thought. :lol:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/07/20/...-coming-to-ps3/

That's pretty interesting ...the "backwards play" is nothing more but a visual gimmick when all it essentially is, is a "touch your lasers in time while avoiding enemy lasers coming from the back".

Ads increasing WipEout HD load times.

I don't mind ads in games. A billboard, a poster, or clever product placement can make some games, especially sandbox or racing games, feel more real. But State Farm commercials in place of loading screens? Not cool. Especially when it more than doubles the average load time from 8 seconds to 19 seconds.

It's one thing to use ads to defray rising development costs, or to sponsor cheap or even free games. But adding very obtrusive ads to a game people already paid for is crossing a line.

Hmmn. I don't think I saw any ads when I played online the first night Fury was out. Was it a VERY recent update (like last 48 hours?). I won't go online again with it until something happens if that's the case.

PS--do we have a list of "MW on PSN" names here, like in the 360 thread? My friends list is empty on my PS3.

Hmmn. I don't think I saw any ads when I played online the first night Fury was out. Was it a VERY recent update (like last 48 hours?). I won't go online again with it until something happens if that's the case.

PS--do we have a list of "MW on PSN" names here, like in the 360 thread? My friends list is empty on my PS3.

Glavil here :)

mikeszekely, same as my MW screenie.

Not sure when they started the ads. I haven't even bought Fury yet, and I'm starting to be grateful for that.

Just wanted to add that Lucasarts are evil bastards for doing this double dip with TFU: Ultimate Sith Edition. The new content is crap your pants sweet.

that's what I hear and the Hoth mission is exclusive to the Ultimate edition, no?

MW on PSN

bandit29: bandit29

brouken: shinbrouken

Chowser: sarge051

DARKWIND: BLAKWULF01

David Hingtgen: Alpha_Weltall

dizman: dizman89

DrunkenMaster2: macross08

Duke Togo: Glavil

eugimon: eugimon

Gaijin: trav54

kanedaestes: kanedaestes

Keith: KeithL78

mikeszekely: mikeszekely

Roy Focker: Kamjin

shiroikaze: Shiroi_Kaze

the_foul_fowl: the_foul_fowl

the white drew carey dewhitedrewcarey

Uxi: Uxi

Valkyrie Nut: Bappers

Vince: bbe23

Vostok 7: Vostok7

Wanzerfan: AnubisAsh

Edited by Duke Togo

Amazingly enough, "Xenogears Id" (and all its variations) was taken, so after 20 more attempts including some M:Frontier references, I managed to snag "Alpha_Weltall". (those are all L's BTW, not i's) (some fonts have the capital i vs small L issue)

Amazingly enough, "Xenogears Id" (and all its variations) was taken, so after 20 more attempts including some M:Frontier references, I managed to snag "Alpha_Weltall". (those are all L's BTW, not i's) (some fonts have the capital i vs small L issue)

Man, if they don't know what Alpha Weltall is, you don't want them on your list, anyway. :D

"Shiroi Kaze" *shrug* I've stuck with this for many years, I won't bother changing it anytime soon... :rolleyes:

Just out of curiousity, what is it about Wipeout HD that draws everyone into the game?

Just wanted to add that Lucasarts are evil bastards for doing this double dip with TFU: Ultimate Sith Edition. The new content is crap your pants sweet.

They're not the only ones to do it, but I do feel the slight sting. I expected something more out of TFU despite it still being a solid (glitchy) game. Not to mention, I think they're including all the DLC released as well with the ultimate edition...

Though, I'll give the updated content a big "sigh and meh" since I already experienced what the core game had to offer.

Strangely, I can't really bin it to Konami for doing the same thing for almost every Metal Gear Solid game released...

PSN: bandit29

Haven't been playing online much. Too busy getting my ass kicked in Ninja Gaiden Sigma

So the PS3 slim is coming? The pic on that was posted on the German Amazon was proven to be a fake. I wonder if the new PS3 will play PS2 games lol. I'll stick with my PS3 Foreman grill for now. Heats up the room quite nicely in the winter.

Edited by bandit29

Man, if they don't know what Alpha Weltall is, you don't want them on your list, anyway. :D

QFT

Anyway, good news! Apparently Sony has already stepped in an fixed the ad problem in WipEout HD.

Just out of curiousity, what is it about Wipeout HD that draws everyone into the game?

Okay, everyone like Mario Kart, right?

So start with Mario Kart. Now, replace the cartoony power ups with more explosive ones. Then replace the Super Mario Bros-themed levels with crazy futuristic cities. Replace the Super Mario Bros-themed music with top-notch electronica. Replace the Mario characters and their go-karts with anti-gravity ships that look less like the ones in F-Zero and more like missiles with cockpits. Then make the whole thing crazy faster. Voila! WipEout!