Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Just been looking at a few of the E3 trailers on the PSN Store. I feel kind of guilty for this this but Brutal Legend looks like it could be a lot of fun! Also, Gran Turismo finally comes to psp 5 years after GT4 Portable was supposed be released :ph34r:

Edited by Valkyrie Nut

Could be either overheating or a disconnected hard drive.

Nope... put my original 60GB in place from the 320GB that I had upgraded to a few months ago. Also tried again today and still doing the same thing. Most likely the motherboard needs to reflowed. At this point deciding if it's worth my time/inconvenience to fix myself or just pay the $150.

Just been looking at a few of the E3 trailers on the PSN Store. I feel kind of guilty for this this but Brutal Legend looks like it could be a lot of fun! Also, Gran Turismo finally comes to psp 5 years after GT4 Portable was supposed be released :ph34r:

I'll believe GT:P is coming when I see it on shelves in the next 10-12 years. Then, another 10-15 years after that we'll get GT5!

Lame. Confirmed no Mai in KOF XII. <_<

http://e3.g4tv.com/videos/38496/King-of-Fi...ed-Walkthrough/

last minute of video confirms it.."if there is enough demand from fans we will put her in the next title"

Well I guess I will wait then...

How in the world do you make a game for a series and then not include that series' most popular character?

Lost Planet 2 for PS3. Saw some footage on G4 last night. Looks like its going to be alot of fun. The bosses are huge. Hopefully they'll make the mech controls less clunky this time around.

http://e3.g4tv.com/videos/38831/Hands-On-L...3-2009-Preview/

http://e3.g4tv.com/videos/38590/Lost-Plane...3-2009-Trailer/

Looks good. I wonder why the platform switch?

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

How in the world do you make a game for a series and then not include that series' most popular character?

:(

Looks good. I wonder why the platform switch?

It's multiplatform isn't it? Like Dead Rising 2?

Edited by shiroikaze

:(

It's multiplatform isn't it? Like Dead Rising 2?

As far as I know LP1 was Xbox 360/PC only? :huh:

The LP demo is what RROD'd my first Xbox 360 :lol:

Edit: My mistake, it was available for PS3.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Include me too! That game really had no faults other than easy difficulty... and that last boss at the end. fart Grand Cross.

You guys are nuts! I thought 8 was way better than 9. 7 will always be the best, I don't care how trendy that sounds. Not only the best, but the best RPG ever. Hmmm...do I wanna be a badass with a HUGE sword, or some bastard elf/hobbit thing with a tail? And that f---ing Orko looking dude (I think his name was Vivi?) pissed me off to NO end.

You guys are nuts! I thought 8 was way better than 9. 7 will always be the best, I don't care how trendy that sounds. Not only the best, but the best RPG ever. Hmmm...do I wanna be a badass with a HUGE sword, or some bastard elf/hobbit thing with a tail? And that f---ing Orko looking dude (I think his name was Vivi?) pissed me off to NO end.

How can you not love the Black Mage Vivi? :'(

Meh, I still prefer IX of the trio but I still love them all. VIII was the first FF I played extensively and I loved it, although the draw system was really tedious. VII was awesome overall, no doubt about it. But IX had that little magic (not nostalgia) that sets it apart from the other two. I can't really put my finger on what makes me prefer IX but the game itself feels like it blended together so well.

Final Fantasy VII is the single most over-rated thing in the history of over-rating things. Horrible graphics, lame plot, and characters with all the depth and personality of tofu. Aeris/th dies? Maybe I'd have cared more if I'd actually had her in my party for any length of time beyond when I was forced to. Cloud a badass? Try Cloud an emo crybaby. Sephiroth? Bishonen in a goth trenchcoat. The only FF I liked less than VII was II, to say nothing of the other RPGs that are better.

Edited by mikeszekely

best RPG ever? not even the best JRPG ever.

Final Fantasy VII is the single most over-rated thing in the history of over-rating things. Horrible graphics, lame plot, and characters with all the depth and personality of tofu. Aeris/th dies? Maybe I'd have cared more if I'd actually had her in my party for any length of time beyond when I was forced to. Cloud a badass? Try Cloud an emo crybaby. Sephiroth? Bishonen in a goth trenchcoat. The only FF I liked less than VII was II, to say nothing of the other RPGs that are better.

I really wouldn't say that, the game was made back in '97(?) and there was nothing like it at the time. I'd say FFVII was Square's most ambitious project on the playstation.

Edited by shiroikaze

I like the Sony E3 show. Not great (BAD motion controller, too much time on PSP GO news), but it is still some good. Final fantasy 14 MMO, Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and The Last Guardian etc.

Also one of the surprise is ModNation Racing. Create/edit your own characters, easy fully customizable race tracks.

It is 'Game', just fun, that is all about. ^_^

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/04/united-f...-for-modnation/

gameplay video:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/143/14354797/vids_1.html

Final Fantasy VII is the single most over-rated thing in the history of over-rating things.

I strongly disagree with that, but to each their own. Is it my favorite RPG? No, that honor belongs to Xenogears. I don't even feel its the best in the FF series. But I had a complete blast playing it, and at the time, it was spectacular looking. On top of that, it almost single-handedly made the PSX.

I like the Sony E3 show. Not great (BAD motion controller, too much time on PSP GO news), but it is still some good.

The reports I've read had the PS motion controller tech beyond what even Nintendo was doing, but they should not have shown it at that stage of development, and the demonstration was clearly a rushed, last minute addition.

The reports I've read had the PS motion controller tech beyond what even Nintendo was doing, but they should not have shown it at that stage of development, and the demonstration was clearly a rushed, last minute addition.

Agreed. Maybe they threw it together since the PSP Go info was "leaked" lol

Not big into downloading anime from the PSN video store but Toei has been added . They have some episodes of Fist of the North star, Captain Harlock and Galaxy Express 999.

Manga Ent has Macross II up (6 episodes, I assume dubbed).

Also there is an HD version of the first CG Appleseed movie. Probably just in 720p , 2ch.

Edited by bandit29

So I've had this on-and-off attraction to Heavy Rain ever since I played it's precursor, Indigo Prophecy. The trailers and gameplay footage from E3 have sold me on the game, and subseuqently the console. As a 360 user, can someone give a quick summary of available models and prices for the PS3? Thanks.

So I've had this on-and-off attraction to Heavy Rain ever since I played it's precursor, Indigo Prophecy. The trailers and gameplay footage from E3 have sold me on the game, and subseuqently the console. As a 360 user, can someone give a quick summary of available models and prices for the PS3? Thanks.

80gb: $399

160gb: $499

Other than hard drive size they are exactly the same (unlike the launch systems). Don't waste the money for the 160gb, Sony puts hard drive changing instructions in the manual and you can get a 500gb laptop hard drive for less than the difference between the two. If you look hard enough you can still find the 80gb with two games included for $399, and also Target was giving away a second controller for free when you buy a system recently, but I don't know if they are still doing that.

As an Xbox 360 user, I luuuuuuuurve my PS3. There's a lot of things I like about it better than the Xbox 360.

Vostok 7

Did anybody see the new Castlevania? Gameplay looks like Devil May Cry. Other titles I'm looking forward to AC2, and Splinter Cell. What you guys think of the new FF? Alot of ppl say ps3 FF graphics is way better than the 360.

Edited by Gunpod71

Did anybody see the new Castlevania? Gameplay looks like Devil May Cry. Other titles I'm looking forward to AC2, and Splinter Cell. What you guys think of the new FF? Alot of ppl say ps3 FF graphics is way better than the 360.

Wouldn't be surprised. FF was originally "exclusive" to PS3 until last year when they announced it was to be ported over to the 360.

Alot of ppl say ps3 FF graphics is way better than the 360.

Probably because it was designed first on the PS3 then ported over to 360. But then again, it's all nitpicking really. You can't really tell a difference when it's in motion most of the time.

Edited by shiroikaze

Other than hard drive size they are exactly the same (unlike the launch systems). Don't waste the money for the 160gb, Sony puts hard drive changing instructions in the manual and you can get a 500gb laptop hard drive for less than the difference between the two. If you look hard enough you can still find the 80gb with two games included for $399, and also Target was giving away a second controller for free when you buy a system recently, but I don't know if they are still doing that.

As an Xbox 360 user, I luuuuuuuurve my PS3. There's a lot of things I like about it better than the Xbox 360.

Vostok 7

i just want to add on that everybody is predicting a $100 price drop either in july or october (it's already june so my guess is october).

i just want to add on that everybody is predicting a $100 price drop either in july or october (it's already june so my guess is october).

I thought we were going to see one in March-April, but that didn't happen. With them still bleeding money, even if it's a little amount, I just don't see it happening.

Not getting my hopes up as it was "supposed" to come at E3 according to numerous sources.

Then again, not announcing it at E3 when it was expected and the put down of the rumors about a new design could just be to give them some slack for the end of the year with Christmas. The price drop would/will be nice, the new design would be awesome.

*snip*

Vostok 7

Great to know about the hard drive stuff. Be a real nice way to save some money AND get a huge HD. I had no idea.

Edited by Chewie

Looks like I'll be picking up a PS3 near the end of the year. Shadows of the Colossus 2, I mean Last Guardian has finally given me a reason. FF7 remake is great too... But where's the Chrono Trigger remake??!? The new FF's didn't interest me, and GoW3 is a plus, but not something I'd buy a console solely for. Still waiting on a PS3-exclusive Ace Combat or Tales game.

Looks like I'll be picking up a PS3 near the end of the year. Shadows of the Colossus 2, I mean Last Guardian has finally given me a reason. FF7 remake is great too... But where's the Chrono Trigger remake??!? The new FF's didn't interest me, and GoW3 is a plus, but not something I'd buy a console solely for. Still waiting on a PS3-exclusive Ace Combat or Tales game.

Get it for Valkyria Chronicles, trust me you won't be disappointed!

Great gameplay and story. And there's an event in the game that has an impact not quite felt since FF7

game spoilers follow:

Isara's death took me completely by surprise. Haven't felt that way for any video game character since Aeris... :cry:

I'm thinking of trying out a FPS for the PS3, narrowed it down to two actually: Resistance2 and Killzone2... any comments which is better?

Ghostbusters released! Review here. Looks fun!

Edited by the_foul_fowl