Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Megaman 9 was a major step backwards too, you had to download Protoman just to get the mega buster & slide.

Eh so what. You could never play Protoman before and I hated charging. But I do miss the slide, and I wanted to select weapons with the top buttons. It's a great game for 10 bucks.

Edited by Wes

Just installed a 250gb hard drive into mine today. Did anyone else find that the screws holding the hard drive in the frame were ridiculously tight? Had to use a pair of pliers to loosen them in my case.

Yes. I stripped a few screws trying to get them off before I said screw it, cut grooves in them and used a flathead. Worked fine after that.

Yes. I stripped a few screws trying to get them off before I said screw it, cut grooves in them and used a flathead. Worked fine after that.

Stripped every single one of them bitches when I put in the 160GB. Used needle nose pliers to break them loose. Used my own screws so the upgrade to 320GB was easy.

It's supposed to reduce the loading times, a bit like on a pc I guess. I'm somewhat unsurprised I wasn't the only one who had a problem with the hard drive frame. It was like Sony was saying to me "Sure you can change the hard drive, if you can get it out! *evil laugh*" :(

Edited by Valkyrie Nut

I'd have been happy if Sony never put one in there. Neither they nor MSFT will ever be able to match the prices from NewEgg, Mwave, Frys, and the like...

I'd have been happy if Sony never put one in there. Neither they nor MSFT will ever be able to match the prices from NewEgg, Mwave, Frys, and the like...

Ever so true. Especially Newegg. A few years ago, some stores would occasionally run some sales that might tempt me to shop there, but lately Newegg's prices are leaps and bounds better. And that doesn't even get into their ridiculously fast turn-around times...

Crossing my fingers that Newegg has 3.5" drives for black Friday. I'm still content with the 60GB HDD in my PS3, but I'd love a 1TB for my PC.

Mirror's edge is a ton of fun. It's not perfect but it's a really fresh take on a new genre of gameplay. I've only played the first mission so far and I've already died numerous times. The controls are solid and the gameplay is very smooth. It takes some getting used to but it's addictive as hell. The controls on my 360 controller was more cumbersome than my Dualshock 3 (I rented the PS3 version but I'll probably have to borrow my friend's 360 version again 'cause I don't have time to play it before it's due back).

Edited by D_Unit

Anyone else get their Home invite?

Yes. DL'd it but haven't logged in yet.

Me!

= Kamjin

I can't remmeber if I signed up or not.

I was checking my email at 7:30. Saw the email. Said to redeem my passcode between 5-8 pst.

They LIE. I redeemed mine at 2am EST. It's a friday night. They're nuts if they think I'm going to be home during those times.

Didn't get invite, didn't like Mirror's Edge myself - the controls weren't that smooth and I didn't particularly like the balance-beam throw-in.

Hmmm... I thought the controls were odd as first, but once I got used to them, I think they work very smoothly. In fact, I think they're just about perfect. I'm not sold on using the sixaxis for the balancing stuff, and stick to the L stick for that.

To each his own, though. At least you gave it the "old Wes" try.

It's supposed to reduce the loading times, a bit like on a pc I guess.

Yeah but I didn't see it in Bioshock - 30-45 sec loadtimes for a 10min install. Just put in Endwar at it told me I'd have to wait 12min just to play my game! This is rediculous, it's like they saw there was a hd and decided to throw everything on it, having the disk as more of a check to make sure you own it everytime it starts up.

Hmmm... I thought the controls were odd as first, but once I got used to them, I think they work very smoothly. In fact, I think they're just about perfect. I'm not sold on using the sixaxis for the balancing stuff, and stick to the L stick for that.

Kinda reminded me more of the Matrix game, and how not fun that got to be. But this has actually been a very good Fall for games, some I have to convince myself not to go for some games. I now want Valkaryna Chronicles but I need to beat some of these games I've gotten.

Edited by Wes

My impression of Home.

A visually superior to Second Life without all the features or adult/gamble spammers.

You can create a character. Change hair color but you can't change colors of clothes. You get one room condo which you can decorate with the same white furniture. You can create you own club. I tried to do this but the game said "Club Limit Reached" I guess there a finite number of clubs and other players got them. How can I test feature this way? Outside of the condo there are a handful of locations. A theater, bowling alley, mall and a town center.

At the bowling alley you can play simple arcade games, bowling or pool. Only if it isn't occupied already. What fun waiting? This is closed beta test. When it is open will it get worst? I want to do stuff, not wait. Mall would be interesting if store were open. Other than you just walk around, chat or dance. There really isn't that much to do.

When it's open, it will get WAY better. There were already game and vendor areas and alot more clothing that was available. That was removed so they could do the load testing, etc.

Potential is nigh unlimited. They obviously hope to make money with microtransactions. Want to wear branded/licensed gear, for example, you'll need to pay $1.25 or something for that Nike hat or Air Jordans or a Lakers shirt. etc etc.

SSFIITHDR on the PSN 11/25 ^_^ only $14.99

Hmm, still not sure about this one.

Must buy. Redrawn sprites in HD, gay announcer and Guile voice replaced, arranged soundtrack by OC Remix, easier to pull off moves, rebalanced gameplay, online play. $15. I'm going to use my 2 PS3 Virtua Stick High Grades on this one.

The full lowdown on all the changes...or not, as you can play the un-remixed game with new sprites, remixed game with old sprites, widescreen, 4:3, old soundtrack, new one, whatever.:

Capcom Unity blog

Edited by Gaijin

Must buy. Redrawn sprites in HD, gay announcer and Guile voice replaced, arranged soundtrack by OC Remix, easier to pull off moves, rebalanced gameplay, online play. $15. I'm going to use my 2 PS3 Virtua Stick High Grades on this one.

Not to mention background illustrations by people who have absolutely no sense of perspective or proportion.

It looks like a Flash game, albeit a high resolution one.

Still haven't seen a Home invite? Do I have to have something more than a PSN account to get invited?

Download the Home theme is the most common. Next, merge your PSN and PSU accounts.

Still haven't seen a Home invite? Do I have to have something more than a PSN account to get invited?

I've not done anything but I recieved a beta invite today, was picked for beta testing the Motorstorm Pacific Rift Demo a couple of months ago too. I do buy stuff from the PSN Store often so maybe that's why I keep getting picked for stuff now but to be honest I have no idea :mellow: