Kaiyodo Revoltech 2G Thread

IXTL

• 3 weeks later...

Gunbuster is out. The transformation is a bit... hmm. You really only use a few pieces of the robot mode to form the spaceships, with huge chunks left over, including the torso, upper arms, thighs, etc.. It's OK, I guess. I imagine this is what the VF-100 25's felt like. Not sure how many times I want to bother with all that. The figure itself is OK, pretty much what we've come to expect from Revoltech at this stage. WYSIWYG. :)

Does anyone know where to get a Revoltech Vash the Stampede w/out paying extortionist prices? Any clue if they ever re-issue figures? Seriously, the Ebay folks are asking $100 for this guy and these are Revoltech toys, not exactly meant to be expensive b/c you know you're gonna pose em and fidget with them.

They do reissue some of them, and I think Vash was quite popular so I can see them going back to do it again. They've re-released Getter Robo and a couple of the Gurren Lagann ones recently.

I wish they would do a Glaug, though.

Meanwhile, Ironman's looking pretty good:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B004GXC5SM/ref=s9_bbs_gw_d0_ir02?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=01WG7JK0N94DY0QHQFB9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463376736&pf_rd_i=489986

Edited by Renato

• 1 month later...

Never mind Godzilla. When are either the Revoltech or the Figama, or maybe even Figutto, lines going to come out with Bubblegum Crisis carachters, original and/or 2040, with and without power suits as well as boomers and AD police? And when, if ever, are we going to see any of those lines go into Macross... they could start with Frontier and work their way back.

So much squandered potential, so much missed opportunity.

Never mind Godzilla. When are either the Revoltech or the Figama, or maybe even Figutto, lines going to come out with Bubblegum Crisis carachters, original and/or 2040, with and without power suits as well as boomers and AD police? And when, if ever, are we going to see any of those lines go into Macross... they could start with Frontier and work their way back.

So much squandered potential, so much missed opportunity.

I blame Evangelion. They did macross and no bought the figures.

I blame Evangelion. They did macross and no bought the figures.

He's probably talking about the characters, though. Figma did a Lum figure and even stuff from Plawres Sanshirou, so I guess it's conceivable that someone may do a Minmay at some point. However, if you want a Hikaru or Misa, forget it.

Revoltech needs to stick to what they do well, Mecha. Let the other lines like Figma handle people. Suits of armor are Mecha-ish, so they are fine for Revoltech, but people are just not as well suited for the line. And who the F*** wanted Revoltech T-Rex or Monsters over more deserving anime series characters/Mechs? Seriously, do Anubis from ZOE or Vic Viper from ZOE before those crappy things. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a Revoltech Zeorymer and Great Zeorymer. Or dare I say it, a Revoltech Guyver??? That would be freakin sweet! Plus they could use more or less the same mold for 2 repaints.

Edited by protostar8

Revoltech needs to stick to what they do well, Mecha. Let the other lines like Figma handle people. Suits of armor are Mecha-ish, so they are fine for Revoltech, but people are just not as well suited for the line. And who the F*** wanted Revoltech T-Rex or Monsters over more deserving anime series characters/Mechs? Seriously, do Anubis from ZOE or Vic Viper from ZOE before those crappy things. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a Revoltech Zeorymer and Great Zeorymer. Or dare I say it, a Revoltech Guyver??? That would be freakin sweet! Plus they could use more or less the same mold for 2 repaints.

I want that T-Rex over any crappy ZOE mecha. :p

:edit:

Considering how the Gunbuster turned out compared to their recent Scifi releases, I'm pretty thoroughly convinced that kaiyodo does human/character revoltechs much better than robots ones. :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say if Jehuty is about the same size as Ironman figure then that's fairly decent. I've got a Hotrod Revie which made me feel so devastated buying that 3 years ago. At least sizes have increased for the price. Would I continue buying these? Mmmmm....I dunno certain figures sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say if Jehuty is about the same size as Ironman figure then that's fairly decent. I've got a Hotrod Revie which made me feel so devastated buying that 3 years ago. At least sizes have increased for the price. Would I continue buying these? Mmmmm....I dunno certain figures sure.

how big is iron man? close to 6 inches?

I have the Jehuty figure and really like it apart from the legs not quite matching up (thanks to crappy dilling/molding). Other than that small little issue, it looks amazing. The paint aps on mine are among the best I've seen on a Revoltech. I would say instant buy for any ZOE fan, especially considering Anubis is supposed to be on the way.

I have the Jehuty figure and really like it apart from the legs not quite matching up (thanks to crappy dilling/molding). Other than that small little issue, it looks amazing. The paint aps on mine are among the best I've seen on a Revoltech. I would say instant buy for any ZOE fan, especially considering Anubis is supposed to be on the way.

I just got mine along with two figmas some days ago. The only issue with mine is that the wings are not quite flush, and the bits not fitting in one of the holes on the HUD ring. The smaller revoltech joints still bother me...

Jehuty's definitely got some quirks but it's still pretty badass. Definitely worth the purchase for me. :)

• 1 month later...

But take a gander at the new Arbalest,

I wish they just sold separate weapon set for ARX-8 Laevatein, like Operation Yashima set for EVA. I already have stand-alone Laevatein since long time ago (the first release, #059 with wide box). I was proud with my Laevatein since it's somewhat rare, but then Kaiyodo re-release it in standard box. And then this.

But I prefer RD version for both Arbalest and Laevatein anyway, looks much better than Revoltech version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...