Kaiyodo Revoltech 2G Thread

IXTL

• 1 month later...

Well I'm happy about Mari and the new Asuka.

I was also somewhat moderately interested by what appear to be...are those Godzilla monsters? That's nice.

Batman does not interest me, and the fact that a huge revolver join protrudes from his cape where there should be a crease is even less interesting.

I dunno - Revoltech is a good concept - and they have done some very good work on some Revoltech - but ultimately I like my super robots biger and with metal and chunkier...

However - I will say that I am a big fan of the Fraulein Revoltech - and here Kaiyodo is still doing good with Mari and Asuka - because human characters often get overlooked.

As for Alien - that's nice. I'm a fan of the movie. But I don't think I want a Revoltech alien...

I wish they'd hurry up and make some Macross human figures for cryin' out loud.

Looking at the abonimations they did for the VF-1....man....use the license to do something OTHER than flood the market with more crappy VF-1s. Try making Misa Hayes - not even in flight officer suit, but in the get up she wore to see the premier eof Shao Pi Lon....

make the people....

Pete

Jack Skellington is the neatest IMHO. New Asuka--is that from the "new" Eva series? Don't recognize it at all.

Batman--neat, hope they expand the line beyond just the current movies. Fraulein Harley/Ivy/Batgirl would rock...

Lack of human Macross figs----yeah. Zentradi in armor would be especially good---I need a Millia fig.

I'm also wishing for Revo Macross characters figures but you never know. This one is a must since the SOC ver. is too expensive,

I dunno. I'm waitng on my Bainfukker (or whatever his name is) and AllSpaizer set. Should finally have it soon. I agree that it's expensive, like other SOCs - say, Dancouga - but it's also far more rewarding as a SOC.

I guess the thing is - to me - Revoltechs cost too much. Back when they were like 15 or 16 USD or 1500 JPY - that was fine. But nowadays these things are going for between 2 and 3 thousand JPY. Forget even the bad exchange rate - the yen retail price has sky rocketed...and for what? The transforming VF-1 abomination? That thing basically costs half of a Yamato VF-1 almost. That's crazy.

Revoltechs are appealing if they are CHEAP little super poseable well sculpted action figures.

But of late, Revoltech have become EXPENSIVE little super poseable well sculpted action figures.

That defeats the purpose - since Bandai and Yamato already do that with die cast and ABS and they do it better.

Pete

Well, the sculpts has gotten alot better...

One thing kinda bugs me is the assembly-borgs or whatever they're called (what are they for anyways?). I bet the Revoltechs can be slightly cheaper if they didn't include them. Instead of plastic containers, they can include plastic bags like the Figmas.

[edit] *snicker* bainfukker

Edited by shiroikaze

Well - yes - ok you're right. I'm being overly harsh. I was very impressed with the first batch of Revoltechs - and now looking back, comparatively, the sculpts AND the poseability has gotten insanely better.

It's just that, with the new VF-1 transformable, I feel like quoting Padme:

"Kaiyodo - You're going down a path I can't follow...(sniff,sniff)...come back!...stop!...I Love you!"

To which Kaiyodo seems to be saying:

"Stupid fanboy! Love won't save you! Only our new revolver technology powers combined with crappy transformations can do that!"

And you know the rest...

Pete

Sweet! Jack Skellington!

Sold on new Asuka, Grendaiser (yay!) and hopefully Mazinger Z to go with my Mazinkaiser Revy.

Date Masamune huh, from an anime right? I know the character from the games of course, ahh one step further to Soul Calibur character Revys.

Mitsurigi, Cervantes, Taki, Siegfried etc etc... Voldo!! (lol)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm generally sticking to their Fraulein figures which are good quality, although Figma is now competative with them for sure. But there's enough love in me for both.

As for super robots - until those prices (in Yen - because I'm not talking about exchange rate causing the price to go up...in this case I think Revoltechs just literally got more expensive) fall for the super robots... it's pointless. CHEAP super poseable anime accurate little super robots - great idea. Expensive little ones...and you start picking out the flaws, seeing the short comings and wondering why bother...

But I repeat myself...

So I'll also say - I've gone the Revoltech route with Gurren Lagann as well - because really what choice was there? They're the only ones who made Lagann and Gurren, and things like Arc Gurren Lagann etc....

And I do think they are awesome figures. Most Revoltechs are awesome - it's just that SOC is more awesome and I'd rather get those if I can choose between them.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just ordered the Kerberos Panzer Cops revoltech. Not necessarily because i'm a fan of Jin-Roh or ever seen any of the other Oshii live-action movies, but the Kerberos armour is so cool looking.

Only payed like $21, too so pretty good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

the revoltech line is coming out with some cool figures . hopefully Kaiyodo won't be too

random when it comes to figures. the whole line is nicely varied and thats great but i

hope that the Alien series get more that than just 2 figures as well as Trigun . That

being said i dont really want to see all the incarnations of each character . I really

don't need to see 20 different color variations . I do want them to bring to make Mazinger

and Knives and more than just one Predator.

Thank you black valkyrie for this great link.

The EVO2 beast is gorgeous and I'm all excited by the new Triggun line.

Back to aliens, i pray for a powerloader and a whole bunch of USCM marines.

And for a GUNGRAVE OD line of figures.

Edited by CAIN MKII

I've got the old Kaiyodo Trigun figures (which are great), but these new ones look a lot more posable, specialy the man himself Vash.

I'm not sure what the hubub over Grendizer is, sure I'll pay a few more dollars for him than Mazinkaizer, but he is still a lot cheaper than most other worthwhile versions. Fills the spot nicely for casual Super robot collectors like me who spend enough on Macross stuff.

I've got the old Kaiyodo Trigun figures (which are great), but these new ones look a lot more posable, specialy the man himself Vash.

I'm not sure what the hubub over Grendizer is, sure I'll pay a few more dollars for him than Mazinkaizer, but he is still a lot cheaper than most other worthwhile versions. Fills the spot nicely for casual Super robot collectors like me who spend enough on Macross stuff.

I hear ya on that. That Grendizer looks great and not hard on the wallet. I love alot of the Super Robots, but my wallet can only go so far, so I have to settle for less expensive versions of them. Although I did pick up the SOC Grendizer with the Spazer set because it was too awesome to pass up.

They made one many years ago... But its expensive. 200usd if i remember.

http://www.philanime.com/2008/09/gungrave-...ave-by-kaiyodo/

That was a nice figure, and I own it, but as already been mentioned it's no Revoltech. The Kaiyodo figure was very limited in posability and couldn't pull off many of the anime/game poses that are just iconic Beyond the Grave...

• 2 weeks later...

BBTS has the new sci fi revoltechs Booska Jack Skelington Gamera Gyaos etc

up for pre order . i'm waiting for amiami.com to list them

Edited by Macross73

im only just jumping on board the revoltech train now. i had some macross ones i won once, but that was it, but now Im looking into some more. Currently have a Ingram and Kerberus panzer cop on their way to me. Id like to get a few miore of their human style revo's.

But not Queens Blade, which is just terrifying.