Kaiyodo Revoltech 2G Thread

IXTL

It's always a tough call. Personally, if they did Ibuki, Misato, Ritsuko and more I'd be very happy, since I'm not into the other stuff they did (except Yoko).

But - on the other hand - the one benefit is that the later that your particular favorite line comes out - the better it will be.

Look at how much better Fraulein turned out compared to 2G Saber/Saber Alter and even Revy? Revy is actually i pretty shoddy Revoltech compared to Rei Ayanami and Asuka.

So - if we get Macross Frontier Revoltechs much later - they'll probably blow NGE Revoltechs out of the water.

That's the benefit of rotation.

I personally am miffed as to why Street Fighter suddenly got this explosion of figures - but I'm sure they have some kind of method to their madness and just figured this would be very popular or pull in gamers or whatever...

In any event - I am looking forward to more Gurren Lagann - although what I would really prefer is for Revoltech to give us more human molds.

Their giant robots are nice - but there are plenty of nice Giant Robots out there - whereas I bet you will not find a better Rei Ayanami action figure than what Revoltech is offering.

They should put more focus on Fraulein.

Pete

I don't get the sudden interest in Street Fighter. There are already SF figures and it just struck me as an odd choice??? But at least we get more Gurren Lagann figs! Come on ZOE figs (since the guy that made ZOE wants to make a 3rd game!)

Nice, but I'm waiting for repaints etc. I intend to buy several versions of that figure purely for parts. (black is boring)

Got ticked with BBTS's lack of information about revoltech Enki. :angry: So I called Diamond (the US distributer for Revoltech). Looks like Enki won't arrive here until Late Febuary.

Last time I preorder with BBTS. <_<

• 2 months later...

Surprised the Revoltech thread has fallen so far down... I just picked up Mazinkaiser from my local comic shop and he is a blast! I got the YF-19 and Regult at NYCC a couple weeks ago, have the Getter-1 OVA version waiting for me at home, and have Gurren Lagann coming from Japan, but Mazinkaiser has that simple fun that reminded me why I really love this line... seems like it's been a while since there has been a really good must have mecha design from the series... seems like they could spend some time going back and looking at more of the super-robot designs or something.

I still wish the Scopedog protoype we saw would come out...

After inquiring with BBTS about the Revoltech ENKI I received this:

We regret to inform you that the Gurren Lagann Enki Revoltech figure has been canceled for US release. The source of this problem was because of a communication failure between Orginic Hobby (the former distributor for Revoltech) and Kaiyodo (the maker for Revoltech). Organic Hobby had stopped distributing Revoltech prior to the release of the Gurren Lagann Enki action figure but collected orders and informed their retailers, and sub-distributors, including BBTS of a delivery date for these items - so it appeared that BBTS's orders were in place and would be filled. While distribution changes and negotiation where being made with a new Japanese distributor and US distributor, this figure fell through the cracks and the new distributor missed manufacturer order deadlines. We had assumed that Organic would fill our order, and we were never notified that they would not. I'm extremely sorry about the situation, it looks like virtually every other online store that has these listed is suffering from the same situation since all are listed with a March or April arrival date. Future Revoltech items will fill normally now that the new US distributor is in place. We will cancel all orders and remove this item from our website.

Thanks!

Joel Boblit

President

www.BigBadToyStore.com

Good luck getting these now without being raped on the price.

After inquiring with BBTS about the Revoltech ENKI I received this:

(SNIP)

Good luck getting these now without being raped on the price.

Yikes! That's why I always order my Revoltechs from HLJ. Not only are they the cheapest, but they ship them out the day they are released in Japan. Sorry to hear you guys got screwed. :(

Yikes! That's why I always order my Revoltechs from HLJ. Not only are they the cheapest, but they ship them out the day they are released in Japan. Sorry to hear you guys got screwed. :(

I usually do but for some reason I ordered from BBTS. I usually only order american stuff from them. Anyway I lucked out and HLJ had some this weekend (they are gone now) and got the last one they had. Wanted two but at least I got one.

Wow my revy collecting days sure have slowed up, but i am still trying to collect! since my last purchase (asuka??)

I've got Ken Masters coming, and i've pre-ordered the new Yoko fig too, and will try to get the 1st fig of her later.

Did everyone see the boob difference between the two figs? LOL NICE PILLOWS.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...
Bought this yesterday, she's very well made and easy to pose :)

3380076206_538f44f69d_b.jpg

She's great, but what put me off to her were the dark panty hose. First of all, I prefer panties which end just before the thigh with a nice lace design rather than the kind that women wear like pants (for me, it's only excusable if there's a skirt or dress over it and they mainly serve to stay warm and keep the legs looking smooth). But, if you're going to put her in an outfit like that, the panty hose need to be cut off at the thighs with a nice lace design. Add to that, I'm not really into those cuffs.

But the girl is sweet and the bunny ears are great.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet!! I'm so thrilled about that Revoltech Gurren with the little Lagann! Yeah!! And the Ark Gurren Lagann too! YAY!!

Now if they could just make some of the other gunmen :)

And damn do I want Enkidu:(

Pete

Darn. Hmmmn. Wonder if it leaves a little round hole or a big square hole when forcibly removed. (or is it actually molded to the torso?)

Doesn't look like it's molded to the torso. I reckon the hole would be on the small side