Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

It'd be funny to see how they thought that would work... Does the Tread launch it's "laser bombs" upward when in bomber mode? I'd guess they were just the doors for loading the bombs and they dropped downward but I think that array is nestled between two legs and a booster so the only place for anything to exit would be up.

Considering how practically all the other missile launchers are forward facing, I figure that yellow array is used to surprise anyone who gets behind the Tread and thinks they got her dead-to-rights............Surprise! A missile is coming straight at you!

That's strange to hear. I owned a CM Blue Legioss/Tread and the hands held all the weapons wonderfully. Now after seeing sams "boom" I wish I would not have sold it.

Any tips on getting the Legioss to grip the gun better in solder/diver modes? I could be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure. I noticed that a lot of you guys have the Legioss posed with gun in hand.

Shin, I have the same Zeta legioss. I found that the index finger can be bent upwards a little bit so it goes right into the trigger. If you curl the rest of the fingers around the grip then the gun stays pretty well. Its not perfect but I don't have many roblems with the gun dropping off

Hey folks, gotten my Green Alpha from Robotech.com recently, and browsed through the thread :) I have an idea, but i've yet to try it for the lack of a Beta (waiting for Toynami's Green Beta) ;)

Is it possible to cut off the top part of the stand included with the Beta (the one with the two plugs that plug into the connecting boom, and the tab that tabs into the 'groin' of the Beta), then file/cut/sand off the underside of the cut-off stand to streamline it, paint/spray it white, and use it to secure the connection between the boom and the Beta?

if that is possible, it'll be neat ;)

Hey folks, gotten my Green Alpha from Robotech.com recently, and browsed through the thread :) I have an idea, but i've yet to try it for the lack of a Beta (waiting for Toynami's Green Beta) ;)

Is it possible to cut off the top part of the stand included with the Beta (the one with the two plugs that plug into the connecting boom, and the tab that tabs into the 'groin' of the Beta), then file/cut/sand off the underside of the cut-off stand to streamline it, paint/spray it white, and use it to secure the connection between the boom and the Beta?

if that is possible, it'll be neat ;)

Possible... yes, although I do not know how secure it would be. A better solution would be to make your own locking part mimicking the stand's design without having to sacrifice the stand. I've played around with the idea and don't think it would be too hard.

On a related note, I can't get my blue Alpha attached to the beta without having to split the legs apart a few degrees (just part the locking tab) and this causes the Alpha to tilt up and yaw to the left a smidgen. Am I missing something?

Possible... yes, although I do not know how secure it would be. A better solution would be to make your own locking part mimicking the stand's design without having to sacrifice the stand. I've played around with the idea and don't think it would be too hard.

On a related note, I can't get my blue Alpha attached to the beta without having to split the legs apart a few degrees (just part the locking tab) and this causes the Alpha to tilt up and yaw to the left a smidgen. Am I missing something?

Nope, apparently that's the only way to do it.

That's not the ONLY way to do it. Watch the CollectionDX review, it lookes like they just slide their Alpha on without a problem. I had to split the legs on my Alpha a bit to do it but it didn't cause and pitch/yaw issues. What's causing the tilt issue? Are the heels hitting the cockpit?

Shin, I have the same Zeta legioss. I found that the index finger can be bent upwards a little bit so it goes right into the trigger. If you curl the rest of the fingers around the grip then the gun stays pretty well. Its not perfect but I don't have many roblems with the gun dropping off

I've always done that, but the moment I move any joint, be it an arm or leg, or bending the knees, the gun immediately falls out.

On mine, I had to separatate the foot thrusters further apart than the diagram shows in the instruction manual, but the legs are still connected to each other. Are you lowering the cockpit on the Beta? The text on the instructions doesn't include that step, but the picture indicates it, and your Alpha won't connect properly otherwise.

On mine, I had to separatate the foot thrusters further apart than the diagram shows in the instruction manual, but the legs are still connected to each other. Are you lowering the cockpit on the Beta? The text on the instructions doesn't include that step, but the picture indicates it, and your Alpha won't connect properly otherwise.

Also, I know the painted yellow windows in the cockpit are going to rub against the metal feet of the Alpha. Just as a pre-caution, I placed blue masking tape on the inside thrusters of the Alpha where they come in contact with the Beta's cockpit to cut down on paint chipping on the yellow canopy.

I have not posted to these forums in a few years but with the release of the Toynami Beta I could not resist.

I just got mine from TMPanime and I had some time to add some panel lining as well as all the basic stickers as well as many of the extra Toynami provided. The official Mospeada line art from the other thread was really helpful. Although not all the labels were the same, it gave me great ideas.

I'm still adding little touches here and there but here are some of my pictures.

***I did notice a mistake on Toynami's placement directions for the sticker sheet. If you re-number the 2 stickers for number "24" on the sticker sheet to "25" and "26" respectively and you re-number the 2 stickers for number "25" to "27" and "28" respectively you will be fine.

The original numbering on the sticker sheet has two different stickers assigned to the same number and the placement of the "Danger" arrow and "Rescue" arrows are switched.

Enjoy!

HPIM2666.jpg

HPIM2667.jpg

HPIM2668.jpg

HPIM2671.jpg

HPIM2673.jpg

HPIM2680.jpg

HPIM2686.jpg

All the pics can been seen here:

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/SDFco...C%20Alpha-Beta/

Edited by SDFcommander

That's seriously AWESOME, SDFCommander! the panel lining truly "mechanized" the fighters :)

and after all the pics of Toynami's fighters, you've got to admit, despite the QC issues with the Alpha, Toynami's Alpha-Beta is the Best in the market thus far. (CM's offering's failed only in one department, and sadly in the department that matters the most: the connection :( )

btw, the "21" sticker on the Beta's front missile cover/chest: does it only come in white? suppose to be black isnt it?

Edited by Gastric

Aoshima Tread is a GO!!!!!

It will be retooled and match the colors of the Aoshima Legioss. It should be release sometime this year and packaged in a different box than the MPC. Today Aoshima had the Toynami MPC version on display at Superfest this morning.

They also comment that they are the ones who made the Toynami version. They say Toynami only supplied them with the non-transforming sculpt of the Beta and then was told to make it transformable. Aoshima was also in charge of the QC.

post-3328-1231661352_thumb.jpg

It will be retooled and match the colors of the Aoshima Legioss. It should be release sometime this year and packaged in a different box than the MPC. Today Aoshima had the Toynami MPC version on display at Superfest this morning.

They also comment that they are the ones who made the Toynami version. They say Toynami only supplied them with the non-transforming sculpt of the Beta and then was told to make it transformable. Aoshima was also in charge of the QC.

Awesome, but once again we have a good beta, but a crappy alpha. Unless Aoshima releases their legioss with good quality control, which again I doubt.

For me just bring on the Beagle ride armor already!

This is cool! Maybe i should just buy an Aoshy....

Aoshima Tread is a good news indeed.

but i hope they improve on the leg joints and more importantly deal with that UGLY cockpit on the robot chest !!! <_<

parts swapping is fine for me if they cant do anything about it. -_-

Edited by Shun

Just an interesting side note, I was searching around the Interwebs just now and came across some old Toynami Beta pics I'd long since forgotten about. One of them shows a prototype Shadow Chronicles version complete with top mounted synchro cannon (looks like it replaces the standard version's top mounted missiles). So, for those of you looking forward to a Shadow Beta to go with your Shadow Fighter, you might have your choice between a standard Shadow Beta and a Shadow Chronicles Beta.

Jenius, could you PLEASE post this picture? I don't think I've seen it before.

Thanks,

Carl

That's seriously AWESOME, SDFCommander! the panel lining truly "mechanized" the fighters :)

and after all the pics of Toynami's fighters, you've got to admit, despite the QC issues with the Alpha, Toynami's Alpha-Beta is the Best in the market thus far. (CM's offering's failed only in one department, and sadly in the department that matters the most: the connection :( )

btw, the "21" sticker on the Beta's front missile cover/chest: does it only come in white? suppose to be black isnt it?

Hey Thanks!

And yeah, unfortunately on the sticker sheet it only came in white. :(

You would think that it would be one of the main stickers to have in black since it was so prominent in the show. I thought the another bonus stickers were great, but some black "21" stickers would have been perfect. They do show up well on the blue. The "Mars Base 21" is the "Mars Base" sticker with a separate "21" sticker next to it.

I too like the over all look of the Toynami Alpha Beta and I am still amazed the stand works so well. This thing is heavy. The stand, Alpha and Beta clock in at just under 3 pounds!

RavenHawk

I used Micron pens and a lot of patience. I used black .005 inch size for the finer lines and a black .01 inch for the thicher lines.

And Kirik,

That is a great idea. I am going to have to try that and you are right, this thing does take up a lot ot room.

Edited by SDFcommander

Enjoy!

AWESOME. Panel lining really takes those toys over the top.

Interesting. Now if only they would make a Legioss & Tread set with an Aoshima QC Legioss.

Man I hope Toynami gives them a non-transforming sculpt of an Alpha and just says "make it transformable and HAVE AT IT! Oh yea, just as durable as the beta too, kthxbye!~"

Hey Save, did Aoshima say if they were going to make the Treads at a different factory than the one they made their Legiosses in?

I think this is the image Jenius is talking about.

BTW, the Aoshima Legioss was all plastic, right?

Yep, that's the picture I was talking about. The Aoshima is almost just as much diecast as the MPC, the only difference is the hips. The hips on the Aoshima are plastic, the hips on the MPC are metal.

The important thing for Toynami to learn here is to copy Aoshima's design and QC ethics. There's just no comparison between the Alpha and Beta in terms of quality and greatly streamlined design. Anything else they design in-house from here on out has to live up to this standard.