Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

I think the Ride Armor market is going to get very saturated very quickly. Houquet and Shinobu might sell alright but with the Beagle coming to market these paint schemes that didn't show up in the animation may be in for some pretty small sales. Here's a pic of Mega House's existing Dark Ride Armor toy for comparison purposes:

Dark%20MH%20Ride%20Armor%205.jpg

I think the Ride Armor market is going to get very saturated very quickly. Houquet and Shinobu might sell alright but with the Beagle coming to market these paint schemes that didn't show up in the animation may be in for some pretty small sales.

Works for me. It may drive prices down. B))

Its official hell has frozen over. Get out your sleds and ice skates because were gonna be sore tonight.

Until I get the payment request from Kevin, I ain't waking my Mog avy from his years-long hibernation. ;)

Maia Sterling MPC and more Alpha pics

Even with all the bad QC issues the Aoshima Legioss had the new fixes on the hip joints, front leg covers, and the ratchet gizmo on the rotating thrusters were great improvements, but it looks like they have all been tossed in the trash for the new MPC releases. The Maia shown in the link above is all based on the original MPC alpha, YIKES!!! Also unless it is transformed wrong in fighter mode it looks like the neck hinge is backwards and isn't setting in flush.

Edited by Save

Since the head looks right in soldier mode it may just be a case of loose fit. My MPC Rook's head fits really loosely in fighter mode but the hinge is on correct and looks fine in soldier mode.

It's definitely a let down that Toynami scrapped the Aoshima improvements. They said they were still bickering with Aoshima over some parts of the molds... maybe Aoshima refused to give Toynami any of the parts involved in the improvements.

Since the head looks right in soldier mode it may just be a case of loose fit. My MPC Rook's head fits really loosely in fighter mode but the hinge is on correct and looks fine in soldier mode.

It's definitely a let down that Toynami scrapped the Aoshima improvements. They said they were still bickering with Aoshima over some parts of the molds... maybe Aoshima refused to give Toynami any of the parts involved in the improvements.

OH god those rubber hands are back! No purchase! Hey look I see the beta. I wonder how that turned out or is hell still frozen over?

Oh wow.. just noticed that they got the chest intakes wrong also. In The Shadow Chronicles all of the Alphas feature Shadow Fighter chests. Not sure if the VTOL is supposed to be there but I'm guessing probably not. Wow... Toynami definitely did not try hard.

My complaints about the Beta already:

1) Legs are too short... It has the build of a primate.

2) Cockpit folds down without being concealed... although I think we all saw that coming.

Edited by jenius

I do hope that the Beta Fighter paint color matches the Toynami Alpha Fighter. As far as proportions go, I think it's as good as Toynami could do without anime magic. The cockpit not being hidden in robot mode is a total crock of ****. Seriously, it would be simple to engineer a piece to cover it. Like I said before, if I end up getting one (once they go on clearance that is), I'll make my own piece to cover it.

2) Cockpit folds down without being concealed... although I think we all saw that coming.

I actually expected them to do some sort of a chest piece swap so that it would end up looking like this:

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Featur...134082.jpg.html

However, all of the protos shown off at SDCC earlier this year had the fold-down cockpit. Too bad. I guess they could also have done something like the CM's cockpit which stows inside the chest (the only part of transforming that toy that unnerves me).

Edited by Roger

Accordning to RT.com, their MP Cyclones are now available for pre-order and will ship in Dec '08

They put that info up a while ago, before Beagle announced the two month delay of the Japanese version. One would presume that this means the Toynami release will be delayed until February unless Toynami somehow got Beagle to allow Toynami to release it first.

I actually expected them to do some sort of a chest piece swap so that it would end up looking like this:

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Featur...134082.jpg.html

However, all of the protos shown off at SDCC earlier this year had the fold-down cockpit. Too bad. I guess they could also have done something like the CM's cockpit which stows inside the chest (the only part of transforming that toy that unnerves me).

Don't sell it short yet :) The box art still shows a battloid with the cockpit covered. Its very possible that there's a cover included.

FYI - Fuke CMs appears to be out, no Shinobu yet.

Today i saw a Box Set of Shinobu's + Type 21/31 "Dark" Mospeadas.

If i'm not wrong, the box includes only parts for ONE type - i.e. you can chose to assemble it as Dark Mospeada Type 21 or 31 or Shinobu's. Also comes with Shinobu's helmetless head. :blink:

Another delay for the Beta. Here is what Steve Yun said on RT.com:

Ok, just got word from Toynami that the Beta Fighters will be arriving in the US over the weekend, and retailers should be getting them early next week.

Considering it is already in Asia, I would be suprised if we didn't get them next week. But then again, who knows. We probably need to plan on them arriving with Santa on Christmas day.

Honestly, I don't think Toynami has gotten better, I just think more retailers have gotten wiser. This toy was due out MONTHS ago. Toynami originally told publications it should be expected March '08 and it gracefully slid to December '08.

Today i saw a Box Set of Shinobu's + Type 21/31 "Dark" Mospeadas.

If i'm not wrong, the box includes only parts for ONE type - i.e. you can chose to assemble it as Dark Mospeada Type 21 or 31 or Shinobu's. Also comes with Shinobu's helmetless head.

This sounds way too bizarre and I hadn't heard anything about CMs doing something unique with these releases. Is it possible you saw a collection of stuff CMs had given a store to use to set up a display or something?

Just saw this on an ebay, it's for a Robotech MPC Cyclone (repackaged Beagle):

THIS WILL BE SHIPPED BRAND NEW IN THE FACTORY SEALED BOX.

International (OVERSEAS) bidders with PAYPAL CONFIRMED ADDRESS are welcome!

THIS IS A PRE ORDER ITEM AND IS ESTIMATED TO SHIP February 2009 .

Seems like confirmation that the Beagle is still going to come out in Japan first and that Toynami was indeed hit with the delay.