Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Chinese toy factories have been shutting down due to the economy entering a serious recession. See, for example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7733499.stm

It's not uncommon for toy companies to miss release dates even in the best of times, especially around the end of the year when there are a lot of new products, but this toy factory issue may also be contributing.

For those confusd by Ruskii's telling you how to buy the toy, the link to the blog is here:

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/overdrive-blog/info/1864.html

Ahh thanks for that, just that i always forget how to type Overdrive's web address, the double '-' and inc.com throws me.

Only trying to help you know. ^_^

That's too bad with the delay, i know how you guys are sweating on getting this one (i'm waiting for Houquet).

Nothing worse than missing out on a Christmas planned toy/collectable. It bites! :(

Sad for China.

Great pics Save! love how they give a second gallant pistol form.

The neck looks a tad too long, but hey everything else looks great.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Remember a while ago when that redesigned Mospeada art was published? I think it was Aramaki who did it and he said he'd like to revisit mospeada. I think one of our members here also managed to track down Terada who also expressed interest in revisiting mospeada.

Chances of that happening? I could only guess nill.

I never heard about any of this. Can you remember anything more? Anyone know anything about this?

Roger clarified shortly after that post who were the players who were actually involved. There were a couple scans shown in one of the old Mospeada threads here also but all I remember seeing was a revised Legioss, Tread, and some new Inbit creatures. I don't think there was an updated ride armor.

Roger clarified shortly after that post who were the players who were actually involved. There were a couple scans shown in one of the old Mospeada threads here also but all I remember seeing was a revised Legioss, Tread, and some new Inbit creatures. I don't think there was an updated ride armor.

I'm doing searches through old posts, but haven't had any luck finding anything yet.

Hedeki Kakinuma told me personally he really wants to do a new Mospeada production, he didn't give any details about what kind of story it would be only that it wouldn't have so much narration. If it wouldn't be possible to do it he said he would write Mospeada novels. He knew about Shadow Chronicles and said if asked he would love to work on that as well if there were more being made.

Hedeki Kakinuma was the one who did redesigned Mospeada art in the Hobby Japan issue.

Edited by Save

Hedeki Kakinuma told me personally he really wants to do a new Mospeada production, he didn't give any details about what kind of story it would be only that it wouldn't have so much narration. If it wouldn't be possible to do it he said he would write Mospeada novels. He knew about Shadow Chronicles and said if asked he would love to work on that as well if there were more being made.

Hedeki Kakinuma was the one who did redesigned Mospeada art in the Hobby Japan issue.

Is it known if he did the redesign on cover of the 'Animation Bikes' book?

th_AnimationBikes.jpg

Click image to enlarge.

Is it known if he did the redesign on cover of the 'Animation Bikes' book?

th_AnimationBikes.jpg

Click image to enlarge.

I assume it was the same person who did the artwork on the author's website with his proto-MOSPEADA project bike.

If it is one of the original creators, I don't think it would be him, since her did more of the Inbit design. Shinji Aramaki did the bike design for both MOSPEADA and Megazone 23 and seems to have personal contact with Nandy, the author of that book.

Save, you're a lucky man to meet Mr Kakinuma!!

RavenHawk, are you talking about this?

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...st&p=549962

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...st&p=564528

http://textfiend.net/zerohero/?p=330 (for Hobby japan 06/2007)

akim.

Edited by akim

I assume it was the same person who did the artwork on the author's website with his proto-MOSPEADA project bike.

If it is one of the original creators, I don't think it would be him, since her did more of the Inbit design. Shinji Aramaki did the bike design for both MOSPEADA and Megazone 23 and seems to have personal contact with Nandy, the author of that book.

Cool, thanks for the info. :)

Hey guys! For those of you still wanting a decent legioss + tread set angolz has a sale on the CM's red version for about 63% off! That's right folks $110. Those who paid like $250 bucks for this go eat your hearts out now!

http://www.angolz.com/home/productDetails....?PLU=0000106909

Has anyone here purchased something from this website. I also paid full price but would not mind picking up another.

Edited by will74

Hey guys! For those of you still wanting a decent legioss + tread set angolz has a sale on the CM's red version for about 63% off! That's right folks $110. Those who paid like $250 bucks for this go eat your hearts out now!

http://www.angolz.com/home/productDetails....?PLU=0000106909

Wow, seems too good to be true. Too bad it's not the blue one...

I've dealt with angolz before. They're really helpful. I couldnt find a good source for Range Murata artbooks so I emailed them and they got me the whole set at retail price when they were going for 3 times on ebay.

Man, that pic of all the CMs ride armors look so freakin cool. I want them all!!! Then replicate it with a Beagle collection!

the thing that kinda worries me about the Toynami version is whether or not the face in the helmet will match the new face sculpt they're gonna include. I hope they thought of that already.

I've dealt with angolz before. They're really helpful. I couldnt find a good source for Range Murata artbooks so I emailed them and they got me the whole set at retail price when they were going for 3 times on ebay.

Man, that pic of all the CMs ride armors look so freakin cool. I want them all!!! Then replicate it with a Beagle collection!

the thing that kinda worries me about the Toynami version is whether or not the face in the helmet will match the new face sculpt they're gonna include. I hope they thought of that already.

yeah, the pic is cool, but the figs are just too pricey. That's $600-ish worth of figs on display, it should be damn impressive!

Edited by protostar8

Aramaki did that illustration especially for the book.

That's what I figured. There are a handful of drawings by him towards the end of the book. Do you have it too?

yeah, the pic is cool, but the figs are just too pricey. That's $600-ish worth of figs on display, it should be damn impressive!

considering that a $600 would usually consist of 3 or 4 macross toys, I'd say it's impressive. But you're right, I don't pay full price for the figs in that pic, I'll probably never have a complete collection.

And that pic is missing the two soldier (greens) and the three sparkly/clear variants.

There are 2 green/soldier variants? I have one of these, but thought there was just the one green version....By the way, is the green variant canon? (Not to my recollection, but my memory is shoddy these days!)

Yep, there's a Ley variant (most rare) and a Stig (very rare). If I'm not mistaken there are 100 Ley types and 300 Stig types. They're definitely canon but whether or not they actually appear within the show is another question. I believe they do either in the gathering at Reflex Point, the episode with Rainy Boy, or the soldier town episode.

The Mospeadas (Stick and Rey types) are the most common, we see other soldiers using both versions from time to time in the show.

IIRC, i've never seen a black Mospeada in the anime though... they're always the same lime green. The Bartley used by the spy/recon Shinobu is black, and i wonder if its becoz she's a spy, she's from moon base, or because of the new black/gray color scheme used by the "Dark Legioss" so maybe all mecha after that follow the same color scheme. Maybe it has stealth capabilities but i doubt it. :ph34r:

The Mospeadas (Stick and Rey types) are the most common, we see other soldiers using both versions from time to time in the show.

IIRC, i've never seen a black Mospeada in the anime though... they're always the same lime green. The Bartley used by the spy/recon Shinobu is black, and i wonder if its becoz she's a spy, she's from moon base, or because of the new black/gray color scheme used by the "Dark Legioss" so maybe all mecha after that follow the same color scheme. Maybe it has stealth capabilities but i doubt it. :ph34r:

All the mecha in the last assault wave we see have the black gray scheme so even if it's not shown I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that there'd be Stig and Ley type black/gray ride armor. I'm really trying to remember if we see any in the first Reflex point episode but I don't think we do... I do remember that there are Dark Legiosses present right at the onset (they actually mark the beginning of the assault be destabilizing the bubble shield over the complex). I think it's also reasonable to assume that there are lime green Barkley type ride armors and maybe all of them come in blue and white also.

The "green" we were referring to were the limited edition CM's Mospeadas featuring rider figures with green uniforms. This is the VR-052T MOSPEADA version that I have. I hadn't realized there was a VR-052F version as well.

mospeada_a.jpg

I don't remember any green-uniformed riders in the anime either. Blue, red and purple, yes. No green though. I'm actually only interested in anime-accurate colors, so am probably going to sell my green "Soldier version" if anyone's interested.

I have a post waiting to go up on the green armors over at my site. Unfortunately I gotta take a couple more pics and I was feeling burnt out on ride armors for the moment... especially with the Shinobus and Fukes about to be released as well as the Beagle (although that's less of an issue now that it's been postponed).