25th Anniversary G.I. Joes, Wave II

Mog

scored a rattler this morning at my local Target

click the link below and click "find it at a target store"

then plug in your zip code and it will tell you which stores have them

http://www.target.com/G-I-Cobra-Rattler-We...tler&page=1

Is that accurate for the Rattler specifically, or just that case? Because I was at mine yesterday and only found Conquests, but the site says "limited availability". Did they put more out, or does it only know that a case of them is there, and not that the Rattler specifically is gone?

::edit:: Ack, Conquest has same DCPI, so it doesn't help me. I already know every store around here has a bunch of Conquests and no Rattlers... Which is annoying--I checked Target this week more than ever before, and they never had anything---until yesterday, they had Conquests and no Rattlers. I can't check EVERY day...

Sigh, who decided on a 2:2 case assortment when the Rattler is 100x more popular? Probably the same guy at Hasbro who decided to pack as many Ric Olies as Darth Mauls in the early Ep 1 assortments...

Good luck hunting for the Rattler David - keep the faith searching, I've seen the Target exclusive planes twice now over the last week.

I found a Conquest yesterday ...

The 25th Joe line has re-sparked my interest in the original Joe RAH line and I've been buying some of the RAH series vehicles from eBay to use with my 25th Joes. Picked up brand new, and at decent prices (approx $20 each) the GI Joe Rhino (looks like the APC from Aliens) - the center section splits apart into a mini-copter; the GI Joe Night Ops Humvee; and the GI Joe Desert Fox. All pretty sweet rides!!

post-3878-1221600720_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1221600733_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1221600747_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1221600764_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1221600780_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vermillion21

The 25th Joe line has re-sparked my interest in the original Joe RAH line and I've been buying some of the RAH series vehicles from eBay to use with my 25th Joes. Picked up brand new, and at decent prices (approx $20 each) the GI Joe Rhino (looks like the APC from Aliens) - the center section splits apart into a mini-copter; the GI Joe Night Ops Humvee; and the GI Joe Desert Fox. All pretty sweet rides!!

Get the R.O.C.C. and N.A.C., trust me, you will NOT be dissapointed!

::edit:: Ack, Conquest has same DCPI, so it doesn't help me. I already know every store around here has a bunch of Conquests and no Rattlers... Which is annoying--I checked Target this week more than ever before, and they never had anything---until yesterday, they had Conquests and no Rattlers. I can't check EVERY day...

They have different ASIN numbers:

Conquest-B0016AJBXK

Rattler-B0016ALHD2

Plug those numbers into this site

Now, in my area yesterday it showed that 3 stores had them. Listings said "available", instead of "out of stock", or "limited availibility". I call up the 2 closest stores. The employees were very helpful and took the time to both look, and check their inventory systems. 1 checked the system, and 2 were said to be in the store, so he looked but turned up with nothing. He did say there was a 9/20 restock date. The 2nd store did not have any.

So I go to the 2nd store anyways to look for other stuff, and man that place was scalped to hell. Anyways no dice. I go to the 1st place I called, and both planes were there(1 each)! They looked like they were just put on the shelf, so either the employee missed them or they were just put out. The boxes were stacked on top of each other sideways, and much larger than I expected. Its easy to overlook these that way, since the boxes have similar size and colors to the wrestling ring toys placed right next to them. Not even sure if the boxes could be placed facing the right away because they are big. Since there was only 1 of each left and it seemed that I was the 1st one to pick them up, they were probably put on the shelf not too long after I got there. I did call in the morning but was not in the store til hours later.

Anyways I accomplished my 21 year goal of having a brand new Conquest in v1 colors! As I was walking to my car a couple saw me, and the girl that saw me starts singing the gijoe song from the cartoon. It surprised me....definitely shows that the public still remembers gijoe. Watch next year, brand recognition will be at its highest since the RAH toyline in the 80s, I just hope the movie turns out well.

Onto the jets. The Rattler is definitely improved. I have the 97 version which was the joes' version repainted with green camo, and called the A-10. The Rattler has a redesigned interior rear cockpit, so figures without fixed crotches, like the cobra troopers before the python patrol version, can all sit in. The rear cockpit is situated lower than on the original, thats the reason the anniversary figures can fit. The front cockpit can now hold Wild Weasel but it is a tight fit. The rear landing gear bay has been retooled, so that the rear landing gear do not collapse like on the original. The gear stand firm and secure, time will tell if it stays this way, but it is definitely much better than my A-10, which has rear gear that collapse immediately when touching the ground. The heatseeking missles have been retooled with longer, blunter tips. The 2 piece guided bombs have thicker pegs, made of PVC and are more secure than the originals. The front landing gear didn't need improvement, but it is much more secure as well. The stickers have a matte finish, and are not as bad as I thought they would be. The Rattler is heavier than previous versions, I think this has to do with the rear landing gear bay. Also, so far, the engines have stayed symmetrical, over time on the originals, sometimes it would be hard from keeping the alignment right. The weapons stay on firmly, quite possibly better than the original.

The Conquest suffers from either mold degradation or different materials. The plastic on some pieces is definitely different, more flexible. The canards and vertical stabilizers now feature tabs to aid in alignment. However, while this is certainly an improvement, those pieces are actually more prone to falling off than on the 98 version. The rear landing gear do not spread all the way apart, preventing the wheels from sitting level on the ground. The gear spreads, but not far enough. Not sure if the 2002 version was the same way, but the 98 version sure as hell wasn't. The missles are made from PVC, and those as well as the fuel tanks are a pain in the ass to keep on. They are easy to drop. I have a feeling this is because of using PVC. Since the missle tips are blunted, PVC was not needed, yet it was used anyways. Damn safety laws!

Overall, moldwise the Conquest has some improvements that backfire. The improvements for it work much better on paper than in execution. Its surprising, since the mold to begin with was simple. It is rather unfortunate that the redesigned parts don't help as much as any of us would have wished. The Rattler has improvements that work very well. This was a very pleasant surprise, as for a mold that is much more complex, one would expect the mistakes to happen on it, instead of the Conquest. Slipstream and Wild Weasel do not come with stands. Wild Weasel comes with a gun. The Rattler has battle damaged panels that can be swapped out, but it is under the plastic tray, so it is very easy to miss. The removable panels on both aircraft are a pain in the ass to remove. Both planes feature glossy paint finishes, while the stickers are in matte. I wish the stickers were glossy as well, not just to match, but because in the past, glossy stickers on gijoe toys tend to stick much better than matte.

If you were a fan of the planes back in the day, these are excellent purchases. I have the 97/98 versions and still decided to buy these. For one thing, they are iconic and I never had either in v1 colors. The v1 colors are awesome. The shark mouthed decals look better on the v1 than on the 98 version. I have never had a Cobra Rattler(the 97 one is a joes version). I needed a ride for Wild Weasel. I love planes. I use the 97 A-10 as a CAS plane for the joes, and the 98 Conquest as Ace's ride. I simply got the VVV Ace helmet, and use it on my anniversary Ace. He looks BAD ASS with it on. Not like some astronaut with a fishbowl on his head. These 2 planes are worth getting, the price is not incredibly high, and the v1 colors have not been used since 20+ years ago. I wish Slipstream had Airborne's head, but he isn't showing up til wave 11, so maybe the tooling wasn't available.

There is a rumor that less than 3,000 of these were produced. However Target has 50,000 on order. I think the 3,000 was just the initial number produced, and hell the official release date of these was just last week. I think we will see plenty of these before the Xmas rush in november.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Thanks Shin! I have been eyeing the R.O.C.C., but it's so damned expensive!! Do you know what the difference is between the RAH version and the Sigma 6 version? Except for the different figures of course.

Also, by N.A.C. do you mean the Night Attack Chopper? I did see it, but didn't find a review of it, so I wasn't sure if it was good or not. It's also pretty pricey on eBay from what I can tell.

I have also been building up the Joe air fleet somewhat, will post pics soon.

More to follow ...

Do you know what the difference is between the RAH version and the Sigma 6 version? Except for the different figures of course.

Thats it. It even has the regular stickers.

Also, by N.A.C. do you mean the Night Attack Chopper?

Yes. The desert one might actually be cheaper. It was less popular since it was released afterwards and has a duller color scheme. There is also a retooled version called the Crimson Command Chopper, which is an extensive retool with snake like armor, a new canopy, and Tomax/Xamot with pilot helmets. Awesome retool, even if you have a green or desert NAC, the CCC is a must have. That might be cheap too...since it was available at KB at closeout prices, as well as Roses as late as last year. They were dirt cheap at Roses.

....i actually saw these in store last night! Not many, and a lot of Crimson Guardsmen (I think) plus the second version of Snake eyes and CC. Not bad figures up close, but no one in there i wanted. COuple of cehicles, a hiss tank and Serpentors chariot being the ones that spring to mind.

dont get to excited, Im in Australia. The figures are $15.55 each (AUD) so the vehicles are expensive. I remember a Hiss Tank and a 2 pack that had Serpentors chariot and something esle. There were some comic packs and the few single card ones i mentioned.

Ok, maybe you've only seen the new 25th anniversary vehicles. I was talking about vehicles that were released about 2-3 years ago in the old RAH line.

Thanks anyways.

Found a Rattler! Wild Weasel is identical to the comic pack one, but his file card's a bit different, and he doesn't come with a footpeg stand. I'll sell/trade off the old one. Anyone interested? I'm still trying to get a GOOD Copperhead---I've found that pack twice now, but both times Copperhead had notable paint flaws--some of the worst I've seen in the line.

Also, some older waves are being produced again it seems---I've found "new" IG Destros and carded CG's lately. (I really want to find some new hooded CC's)

PS--anyone ordered from Cobrastickers.com? Are they shiny/glossy, or dull like the new Hasbro ones? Shin's right, the dull stickers suck. I'm thinking about buying their Rattler stickers, if they're better than Hasbro's.

Thought I'd post some Joe aircraft I've acquired recently.

Both Target exclusives, the awesome Phantom X-19 stealth fighter, and a Tomahawk helicopter I'm still trying to restore.

Wow, nice haul! I always wanted the Tomahawk as a kid, but every time i was given the chance to either buy one when i saved up enough or get one for a special occasion i set my priorities elsewhere. :ph34r: Maybe one day i can pick one up for a good price.

PS--anyone ordered from Cobrastickers.com? Are they shiny/glossy, or dull like the new Hasbro ones? Shin's right, the dull stickers suck. I'm thinking about buying their Rattler stickers, if they're better than Hasbro's.

I was planning on placing an order with them in the next week, was also going to ask if they did custom sizes on some of their stickers. I'll be sure to ask about the sticker finish when i inquiry about the sizing.

Edited by Veritas

Found a Rattler! Wild Weasel is identical to the comic pack one, but his file card's a bit different, and he doesn't come with a footpeg stand. I'll sell/trade off the old one. Anyone interested? I'm still trying to get a GOOD Copperhead---I've found that pack twice now, but both times Copperhead had notable paint flaws--some of the worst I've seen in the line.

Wild Weasel just has a blue neck, the comic pack one has black, thats the only difference. Great mold...so good Hasbro is starting to use it on other figures...maybe a bit too much to some.

I'm waiting for the Copperhead that comes with the upcoming Moccassin, its the Python Patrol version but I only need one version of that character.

I heard a lot of good things about them. I think they are glossy. The price is the only thing stopping me, they cost just a few dollars less than the planes themselves! I can understand why the price is what it is, but for now, I'll deal with what I have.

The stickers on my Conquest are fine for the most part, but on the Rattler they started peeling! I was pissed. I used a hair dryer to heat the stickers up, and rubbed the peeled edges onto the surface. So far nothing has peeled back up. I hope this is not something that I have to do periodically.

Man I don't know why hasbro went with the matte stickers. The stickers on the 98 reissues kicked ass. Glossy. My 98 Conquest barely has sticker erosion, and that badboy has been through a lot of play time. Even now, I have it as Ace's ride, and have dogfights going on a lot. I like using it as an aggressor bird, with Ace being the dean of smack, and occasionally helping Slipstream out. I also swap weaponry with the 97 A-10 sometimes, to make it a strike Conquest! The SEA influenced camo and the swapped weaponry evoke vietnam era fighters, which I LOVE studying.

Cobrastickers has the 2003 Conquest stickers up for order too...that with a repainted Conquest in USAF SEA camo...oh man...THAT WOULD KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!

The Conquest reminds me of the Thunderchief for some reason.

Ok, now that I fiddle with the helmet to get a good look and put them right in the light, the WW's do have different necks. Man, that's subtle. My Rattler WW had "head pointed down" as packaged and you couldn't even see the neck.

Thats how mine was too. I had to pop the head off to even see it. What I hate about the new Rattler is that Wild Weasel is still difficult to get into the cockpit.

Man each time I hear about the planes selling out, I keep thinking...man...I think the Skystriker would outsell these bad boys! I'd love to see it modded(like all the new vehicles have been) so that the wing swinging mechanism remains, but is no longer linked to the landing gear. A Skystriker dogfighting without being able to sweep its wings forward in DACM without the gear going down? Thats a damn shame.

All the Skystriker really needs is a more durable tabbing/insertion method for the tailfins. Thats it. The rest of the plane was durable to begin with. Drop test my ass!

Big Bad just listed 2 versions of Wave 13 for Pre Order

1x Snake Eyes (Black)

1x Cobra Flint

1x Cobra Commander Resolute

1x Cobra Trooper Resolute

1x Blowtorch

1x Dreadnok Torch

1x Firefly

1x TBD

Revision 1

1x Cobra Commander Resolute

2x Cobra Trooper Resolute

1x Blowtorch

1x Duke Resolute

1x Python Patrol Crimson Guard

1x Dreadnok Torch

1x Firefly

What? They didn't rerelease teh X19 did they? If so, I am soooo on it. I had it mint and my parents gave it away. :cry:

Go to Target now dude ... it's an exclusive there for $24.99.

And Blowtorch in wave 13?? AWESOME. Now bring on Lowlight and Shockwave!!

Edited by Vermillion21

Go to Target now dude ... it's an exclusive there for $24.99.

And Blowtorch in wave 13?? AWESOME. Now bring on Lowlight and Shockwave!!

he's talking about this:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=58308

your talking about the CONQUEST. ^_^

Passed on the Conquest a couple times, but most likely going to get it if it's still there in the next couple days.

Do any of the other toy and/or model scale weapons fit on these pylons with minimal modification? Those yellow missiles (and thruster nozzles) are buggin and I know I'll be customizing later on if/when I get it...

Edited by Uxi