Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

• 2 weeks later...

my friend matt and i painted this in our physics room our senior year in 1992.

some friends snapped this picture recently before they tore the old school down.

post-1862-128761856472_thumb.jpg

Edited by THOR

Only Mad Dogs and English Men go out in the midday sun. The POMS don't get knocked around as much unless they are playing cricket :p

It's an Armorcast Mad Dog (or Vulture to you Inner Sphere stravag's). I've attempted to model it to represent Joanna's Mad Dog, my favourite character in Robert Thurston's series of Jade Falcon books.

post-3605-128921071179_thumb.jpg

post-3605-128921078375_thumb.jpg

post-3605-128921084458_thumb.jpg

The best of both worlds :)

You took the thoughts right out of my brain!! It looks like a wonderful mash-up - the best designs of each. Looking forward to the finished photos.

Very nice uparmored Hummer. Im doing something very similar to my 1/6 scale one. If you want more uparmored goodness Bronco models just released a new tool 1/35 M-1114 uparmored hmmwv. Blows away tamiyas new hummer from just a few years ago.

The Bronco kit was part of my reference, especially the inside of the doors.

Up until I found the Bronco kit, the project was on hiatus because I couldn't find any images of what the doors looked like on the inside.

I just wish I could do something about the tires on mine, wrong size & tread :( .

• 2 weeks later...

un-marine,

i'm pretty sure I have some extra verlinden tires for that humvee...interested?

oops...after further study...verlinden looks just like the ones you got on there already...sorry

Edited by THOR

^

Yeah, i need the new "muscular" tires. too bad nobody makes them at this scale. :(

It's done!

post-2535-129019217597_thumb.jpgpost-2535-129019214004_thumb.jpgpost-2535-129019211018_thumb.jpg

post-2535-129019221056_thumb.jpgpost-2535-129019227845_thumb.jpgpost-2535-129019223197_thumb.jpg

what scale do you need? i can draw/print anything you want if it will fit inside a shoebox...

post-1862-129020367313_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if I could afford it, but I know I wouldn't be able to build it. :p

LOL, actually I got this for $37.00 shipped and the attention to detail is mind blowing!! The BSG measures 13 inches long and though it says Skill level III, easiest kit I have ever assembled, just needs painted & detailed! :D

LOL, actually I got this for $37.00 shipped and the attention to detail is mind blowing!! The BSG measures 13 inches long and though it says Skill level III, easiest kit I have ever assembled, just needs painted & detailed! :D

Heheh, that little instructions sheet kinda scared me a little. Something about painting the little parts in prime colors before assembling for final details.

If my modeling skills didn't suck, I'd buy and build this for an awesome display piece...which is just like saying, "If I could fly and punch through walls, I'd put on some tights and become a superhero." :lol:

Heheh, that little instructions sheet kinda scared me a little. Something about painting the little parts in prime colors before assembling for final details.

If my modeling skills didn't suck, I'd buy and build this for an awesome display piece...which is just like saying, "If I could fly and punch through walls, I'd put on some tights and become a superhero." :lol:

Just wear the tights. The rest will come with practice :p

Assembly complete (finally)...stupid work!...on my first Fine Molds kit. Preliminary painting done. Not to shabby for my first airbrush job in over 15 yrs. Gotta say, this kit isn't cheap, but the way it goes together is really awesome. Screw's were hard to get all the way screwed down, but in the end it looks awesome! Now, on to detail painting, weathering, decals etc... B))

post-11393-12917421035_thumb.jpg

post-11393-129174214849_thumb.jpg

post-11393-129174215485_thumb.jpg

Assembly complete (finally)...stupid work!...on my first Fine Molds kit. Preliminary painting done. Not to shabby for my first airbrush job in over 15 yrs. Gotta say, this kit isn't cheap, but the way it goes together is really awesome. Screw's were hard to get all the way screwed down, but in the end it looks awesome! Now, on to detail painting, weathering, decals etc... B))

Dude, did you paint the pilot fig yourself?! That's some pretty awesome details.

Can't wait to see the fully-detailed X-Wing!

Thats an awesome looking X-Wing derex, detail to the pilot is slick, just needs some weathering & decals!! Well I have my GALACTICA assembled, gave it a rough paint job just to see what colors will work best. (Flat Steel & Gray's with a black wash). again shes an easy kit and everything fits really flush, no warped parts and the attention to detail is superb, right up there with the really expensive Resin kits. I have my Moebius MKII's next to it to show its size. The cool thing is the landing bays are hollowed and there are 2 huge decals for the runways marked BSG-75. The engines are clear parts in case you wanted to install LED's.

And finally my small squadron of old school & new Vipers. B))

post-6180-129185065632_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129185069017_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129185070725_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129185072566_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129185075004_thumb.jpg

post-6180-129185088239_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys....yes I did paint the pilot myself, but he doesn't look as good in person. Figure painting has NEVER been my favorite thing to do. I'm not very good...hopefully with the canopy on, you won't see much of him... btw--I WANT that Mobius Galactica model! I was already thinking that might be my next project!

Can I get some translation help please? I came across some stick on decals in a Dengeki Hobby magazine for the MG RX-78 v2. It has different sets for normal, real & G3. I used their stickers on the mega Gundam I pictured earlier and they turned out pretty good (not as good as water slide but hey they were free ;) )

As I'm doing a MG real type version I thought I'd use these instead of buying Bandai's waterslide set. What I need to know is in the scan of the page below where it has POINT and shows them dipping the sticker into a dish of liquid, is that just water or do they refer to something else. I know they are doing it to allow the sticker to be positioned correctly but is it just plain water they are using. Thanks.

I've also put this in the Gunpla thread so hopefully someone can explain it for me.

All fixed, thanks.

Edited by thegunny

post-122-129211807093_thumb.jpg

Current progress on the Big G. Gonna do a multi tone grey for the ship. A base coat of a dark grey, a lighter grey for the armour panels, and then a random pattern of greys, to break up the two-tone grey scheme. This is followed by the red stripes, and decals. Lots, and lots of masking down the line... Tamiya, and 3M are going to be very happy with me...

EDIT:

After I've painted up the second set of panels on the nose of the Galactica, I'm wondering what the heck came over me when I decided to do this multi-tone paint scheme... I don't think I'll have this done until sometime next year...

Edited by VF-19