Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

Well, it's done as it's going to be (at least for now). With school wrapping up, my son's lost interest, and I could use a break from the beast, so we will put it in a display cabinet as is and call it a day. Looking back, I wish we had decided to go all out with painting, but if we had it wouldn't be 1/2 done yet!

Hope people like...if nothing else we had fun and it looks cool on the shelf.

post-89-12749187087_thumb.jpg

post-89-12749187194_thumb.jpg

post-89-12749187314_thumb.jpg

post-89-127491874529_thumb.jpg

post-89-127491875598_thumb.jpg

Well, it's done as it's going to be (at least for now). With school wrapping up, my son's lost interest, and I could use a break from the beast, so we will put it in a display cabinet as is and call it a day. Looking back, I wish we had decided to go all out with painting, but if we had it wouldn't be 1/2 done yet!

Hope people like...if nothing else we had fun and it looks cool on the shelf.

Is that a 1/60 Perfect Grade kit?

Looking good Grapeape.

Thanks! Would have never been possible without your hard work, though! :D

And that is a GORGEOUS GP01FB! My fave Gundam MS designs ever are those from 0083 - (mostly) "believable" (for that universe) and not all bells-and-whistles flashy like Wing or Seed.

Edited by Grapeape

Awesome Andromeda model! That was one of my favorite Star Blazers ships as a kid! I really liked all the ship designs of that show!

I agree... its really well done, as are most of the models on here. I'm always struck by the quality that macrossworld puts out. For such a small modeling community there are some great kits.

I've been building quite a bit lately with alot of 1940s~50s aircraft... I think this is the most relevant.. a Fujimi 1/72 F7U-3M Cutlass from the Bounty Hunters (aka skull squadron)

1x7.jpg

1x6.jpg

The other one I finished recently is a 1/72 Westland Wyvern (with a Hawker Sea hawk I did ages ago on the left)

1U15.jpg

1U13.jpg

Enjoy,

Edited by Noyhauser

Great lookin' kits there Noyhauser! Really wonderful finishes all around.

I love the look of the Cutlass. You can see relations to other planes, but there's really nothing else like it! I just picked up a book on it yesterday at my LHS. :p I've got the big (Academy?-Minicraft?) 1/48 kit in my stash, but deciding on a painted vs natural metal scheme will be a big decision.

How was that Fujimi kit to build? And how did you do the weathering over the natural metal? If you don't mind my being nosy. ;)

Great lookin' kits there Noyhauser! Really wonderful finishes all around.

I love the look of the Cutlass. You can see relations to other planes, but there's really nothing else like it! I just picked up a book on it yesterday at my LHS. :p I've got the big (Academy?-Minicraft?) 1/48 kit in my stash, but deciding on a painted vs natural metal scheme will be a big decision.

How was that Fujimi kit to build? And how did you do the weathering over the natural metal? If you don't mind my being nosy. ;)

Thanks Jardann. I love the Gutless too, its a pretty interesting plane with an tortured history as your book will attest to. Actually its going to be the first of several builds on early US Navy fighters for me (the Vought Pirate, McDonnell FH Phantom and Banshee, and the Ryan Dark Shark). The kit you have is actually a Hobbycraft kit (from what I've heard) which is fairly meh and needs a lot of love. You should look here for some inspiration.

The Fujimi kit was a great build... I'd actually recommend it to anyone. There wasn't anything that really stuck out in my mind that was problematic, with the exception of the decals which marred what was a great build. Weathering required a few things... I have several hues of Alclad II paints, the most useful being Dulled aluminum. Several of the worn panels, like over the engines, were done with it and then polished out. Other panels were done with different aluminum hues... (Using alclad is one of my favorite parts :p ) Then it was decaled, sealed with future, then I used an oil wash for the panel lining. I usually use black and burnt umber artist paints thinned and used liberally over the surface. After an hour I wipe it off with a paper towel in the direction of the airflow or gravity. Finally I top coated it with floquil flat, but to be honest it doesn't need it (the oil wash actually acts like a flat product.)

Hope that helps!

I finally got my set of Promodeller washes... after a quick test all I have to say is that this thing is amazing. I need to conduct some final tests, but I'm pretty much getting ready to say goodbye to those dirty enamel washes, noobish gundam markers, and #2 pencils lol... (maybe the pencil can be refitted for other activities).

I just finished putting together this paper model.

This model was originally a 1/72 scale size paper model kit that you can download for free.

(just google it, it's easy to find) I just simply doubled the size using my copy machine.

It came out quite big, I put it next to 1/48. It's about 1/35 in scale.

I think I'll make some more variations and take them to MW Con.

post-6518-127618858381_thumb.jpg

post-6518-127618859977_thumb.jpg

I just finished putting together this paper model.

This model was originally a 1/72 scale size paper model kit that you can download for free.

(just google it, it's easy to find) I just simply doubled the size using my copy machine.

It came out quite big, I put it next to 1/48. It's about 1/35 in scale.

I think I'll make some more variations and take them to MW Con.

Wow...very good job on the paper models. :)

one of these, as soon as i get around to buying it...

SilentStarFenicsAT-05D.png

Just be warned, they're one of the worse engineered kits I've ran across in a long time.

Just be warned, they're one of the worse engineered kits I've ran across in a long time.

i grew up in the glue and paint era, so i'm no stranger to difficult kits.

i think i should be able to handle any eventuality...

I've been slowly grinding away at a 1:72 Hasegawa YF-19 (the first one). This has been quite a troublesome kit, lots of problems and ineventualities, but they have for the most part been overcome. About 3/4 done.

Here are a few WIP photos of the YF-19/AOC (Active Optical Camouflage) Demonstrator.

post-9883-12762841747_thumb.jpg

post-9883-12762841862_thumb.jpg

post-9883-12762841987_thumb.jpg

post-9883-127628421086_thumb.jpg

I've been slowly grinding away at a 1:72 Hasegawa YF-19 (the first one). This has been quite a troublesome kit, lots of problems and ineventualities, but they have for the most part been overcome. About 3/4 done.

Here are a few WIP photos of the YF-19/AOC (Active Optical Camouflage) Demonstrator.

That looks great! Cool color scheme!

That looks great! Cool color scheme!

Thanks for the kind comment :) .

lol shortly after posting the last pic I made a major overspray, the resulting fixes caused some discoloration to that beautiful metallic white coat :( ... anyways, hopefully, the final layer of flat will even things out.

I've gone ahead and added the "glass parts" over the weekend... definitely the most annoying part of these models given their small size.

post-9883-12765260134_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ghost Train

within the next few months, i hope to have the opportunity to

purchase on of those YAMATO 1/60 v.2 VF-1S kits to custom up

as the ROBOTECH DEFENDERS/CHANGERS "VEXAR"

ROBOTECHVEXAR.jpg

PICT1071.jpg

That's a really nice looking plane, both design and your build. Shame the film was such a lame rip off of Macross/Firefox

Agreed, not the greatest movie ever made, but an awesome Fighter design, would be fun to have one of these kits!! No details spared!! B))