Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

Thanks mates. This beautyfull statue was produced by Sideshow for Blizzard as a promotion item for the release of starcraft 2.

Production run: like 1250 I think.

Scale is more 1/4 than 1/6 and it comes prepainted so I added all the details missing.

A gorgeous piece.

This is probably what a "Robotech" Alpha would look like if it was a real continuation of the Macross series. hehe :lol:

post-7534-1269738064_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1269738078_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1269738088_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1269738102_thumb.jpeg

This is an Aoshima 1/48 Legioss AFC-01Z (Red Alpha) model kit repainted with cannon fodder tan color and decaled with UN Spacy markings. The Legioss/Alpha is glued to fighter mode since it is difficult to tranform due to the poor kit quality. Plus the paint will rub off if I did try to trandform it. It was a quick build too, so I did not bother to fill in some gaps between parts.

I'm not sure if it is the same size as the Toynami 1/55 Robotech Alphas, but it is a lot smaller than the 1/48 VF-1A. It would be nice if the 1/55 Beta/Tread fighter can attached to it.

Hmmm, maybe I should make a Macross Frontier SMS version... <_<

This is probably what a "Robotech" Alpha would look like if it was a real continuation of the Macross series. hehe :lol:

This is an Aoshima 1/48 Legioss AFC-01Z (Red Alpha) model kit repainted with cannon fodder tan color and decaled with UN Spacy markings. The Legioss/Alpha is glued to fighter mode since it is difficult to tranform due to the poor kit quality. Plus the paint will rub off if I did try to trandform it. It was a quick build too, so I did not bother to fill in some gaps between parts.

I'm not sure if it is the same size as the Toynami 1/55 Robotech Alphas, but it is a lot smaller than the 1/48 VF-1A. It would be nice if the 1/55 Beta/Tread fighter can attached to it.

LOL! I remember building a Gobot Cy Kill model my Monogram as a Skull Leader Cyclone ridden by Max Sterling... that's got to be the most confused model ever... It looked cool though, a blow superior with a big black skull symbol on the chest. At least I remember it as cool... probably looked like crap.

post-7534-1269738064_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1269738078_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1269738088_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1269738102_thumb.jpeg

I have a few of the old IMAI Alpha's as well, they do heavily favor robot mode over the other modes. There's a really cool build up w/ alot of mods for this kit over on Starship Modeler for adding articulation, and improving the overall appearance. I always found it funny that the 1/12 bike kits were so great, yet the alpha's sucked so bad.

Edited by Excillon

Man, you can simulate rust like nobody's business!

All that suff looks amazing! Can't wait to see it all together. B))

Nice work on the Fatty and the veritechs guys!

My radiator leaked so every time I filled it there was a ton of rust coming from it. I took the rust and bottled it. Now I've got realistic rust! - MT

Put the F-14 aside for now to work on my Viper Mk 2! I don't think I've ever been this psyched for a kit. So far, it's going together pretty nicely. The manual is right about one thing: Test fit the heck out of this thing before you glue anything together!

Thanks for the heads up, mine should be here Saturday or monday! B))

Did some more building. Things to note:

1) The cockpit sidewall panels need to have the parts numbers sanded off, and the ejector pin marks filled (very easy however).

2) On the belly of the Viper there's some copyright info that needs to be sanded off.

3) There's sink marks on the nose of the viper, and on the engine intakes that are just behind the cockpit. Needs to be filled.

4) There's going to be some nasty seams, which may be a bit tricky to be filled, that are on the engine pods.

6) You'll need to construct a conecting rod so that the pilot (should you chose to use him/her) is actually holding a joystick that's connected to the viper.

Some good things:

1) The resin pilot is awesome! Much, much better detail than the re-issue viper's pilot.

2) It's the Viper Mk2!!!!!

3) The landing gear looks pretty nice.

4) Comes with a stand that appears to have Earth's (our Earth's) continents on it.

5) Box notes that the Galactica, Viper Mk7 and Cylon Centurion (new type) are coming!

All in all, considering what comes with the kit, it's a bargan for $30 (what I paid for it at the local shop).

• 2 weeks later...

Going to start building this monster kit, 1/60 Gundam 00 Raiser. The size of the box is about as big as the ones use for shipping desktop computers. The kit comes with a display stand boxed seperately. This will take a while...

post-7534-1270920855_thumb.jpg

Going to start building this monster kit, 1/60 Gundam 00 Raiser. The size of the box is about as big as the ones use for shipping desktop computers. The kit comes with a display stand boxed seperately. This will take a while...

if your copy is like my copy, the plastic may be brittle and small stuff like the c-clips and the fingers may crack on you just from the pressure of snapping things together. <_<

Surprisingly, not as long as you'd think. Personally, I'd have gone with the GP01, Zeta, or Strike. It's an ok kit, but next to the Wing Zero being the worst, it's not nearly as nice as the other efforts in the PG line.

I will be a bit more careful building these Perfect Grade kits so as not to snap in half any small pieces. I have already broke a couple of leg and ankle joints in a couple of VF-25 kits.

The scout came out great Neptune! Congrats.

Ron, that Perfect Grade kit is HUGE! I almost got one when I was back home, then I thought of all the Gundam stuff that I DON'T have. Then again, it IS THAT COOL of a kit! The LED's are a nice touch. - MT

Neptunesurvey's amazingly detailed and also suitably biomechanical 1/2500 scale Salan Zentran Scout Ship. So far at the masking stage, before application of the green - we're using Russsian WW2 AMT-4 Green, seems most accurate to the color in the anime.

EDIT: VERY sorry about that! I did create resized ones, then accidentally uploaded the full sized ones anyways! DOH!!!!! :wacko:

OK, here's the smaller size ones :D

And Neptune - yep, actually, AMT-4 is a Russian WW2 forest green shade, so we agree ;)

post-12888-1271800298_thumb.jpg

post-12888-1271800309_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grapeape