Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

You'll find a detailed review in my WIP thread at Hobbyfanatics:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?/to...ple-berlin-sr2/

(For the record, this kit was not sculpted by Ikushima, but Kouji Yamagishi - regardless, the finished kit is quite impressive and in my opinion far better than the previous Factory Alliance release)

This is virtually the only finished product in this year... i have built 2 VF-25 models but haven't put decal of painted them yet.

this is a vinil model

post-104-1254611929_thumb.jpg

post-104-1254612016_thumb.jpg

Hey all

I've busy over the summer trying to learn how to better airbrush... including the BF-109 I completed a couple of pages back I also built a Hawker Tempest V, Hawker Sea Hawk, and a Supermarine Seafang (I still need to complete a bit of weathering on that one though.) Next on the block is something a bit more macross related.

post-1167-1254692226_thumb.jpg

post-1167-1254692252_thumb.jpg

post-1167-1254692270_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noyhauser

Its been a while in the making and not 100% acurate, but its nearing completion.

Thanks to those who posted answers to my earlier questions here on macross world - your help has enabled me to build this.

Macross Zero Tomcat 1:48 using the Italeri kit, spare Hasegawa burner cans, resin chin pod & tanks and decals made by my good mate Benjo (thanks dude).

I am still adding oil paint washes with a flat coat, aamrams and sidewinders to come (along with landing gear) and some unmasking.

More pics as I finish things.

Thanks for looking.

21_sept_2009002.jpg27_sept_2009001.jpg30_sept_2009003.jpg05_OCT_2009001.jpg05_OCT_2009003.jpg05_OCT_2009005.jpg06_OCT_2009001.jpg

Jase

Edited by destroid

I wanted to show some love for Bandai's the boob Valkyrie. Between a lot of mess lies a 1/144 MAXL Thunderbolt.

th_MAXL004.jpg th_MAXL006.jpg th_MAXL007.jpg th_MAXL008.jpg

Edited by TSP

A bit more progress here....

A bit of detail painting.

Oil paint streaking added mainly to the wing areas. Flat coat added.

Most of the masking removed, forgot about the wheel wells......

I love this part of a build.

Cheers,

Jase.

13_OCT_2009004.jpg13_OCT_2009005.jpg13_OCT_2009006.jpg13_OCT_2009007.jpg13_OCT_2009008.jpg13_OCT_2009009.jpg13_OCT_2009010.jpg

Wow, you guys are awesome. I love seeing what everyone is doing, and am feeling inspired.

I'd never done a model (not counting an SD Gundam 15 years ago) but I saw this kotobukiya kit on sale for 200 yen at Yodobashi and couldn't pass it up. Now I'm hooked, and just got a cheap HG Zaku to practice up on before I butcher a Hasegawa Valk. I'm fighting the urge to buy box after box of models that I'll never put together, and just go one at a time (>_<)

post-9363-1255447795_thumb.jpg

Wow, you guys are awesome. I love seeing what everyone is doing, and am feeling inspired.

I'd never done a model (not counting an SD Gundam 15 years ago) but I saw this kotobukiya kit on sale for 200 yen at Yodobashi and couldn't pass it up. Now I'm hooked, and just got a cheap HG Zaku to practice up on before I butcher a Hasegawa Valk. I'm fighting the urge to buy box after box of models that I'll never put together, and just go one at a time (>_<)

Backlog is one of the modelers greatest nemesis. I've never beaten it though, no one has. You'll come across the one rare resin kit of something you love, or the great deal you can't refuse. That's how mine started...now I'm about 15 kits in the hole with a PG 00 Raiser on the way!

Backlog is one of the modelers greatest nemesis. I've never beaten it though, no one has. You'll come across the one rare resin kit of something you love, or the great deal you can't refuse. That's how mine started...now I'm about 15 kits in the hole with a PG 00 Raiser on the way!

Just put that 00 Raiser on the back of the back burner. You don't need it. <_< Can't stand 00...

Anyway, I have beaten backlog. The way to do it is to stay off of MW. :lol:

Just put that 00 Raiser on the back of the back burner. You don't need it. <_< Can't stand 00...

Anyway, I have beaten backlog. The way to do it is to stay off of MW. :lol:

Touche...however, it's Gundam, it's 1/60, so having that completist compulsion means it must be bought and built. And with the amount of posts you have vs. the time you've been a member means apparently you aren't staying off MW all that much!

WOAH! the F-14 just looks so cool!

Thanks for the comments Urashiman!! Hows things in Germany?

I have this one finished now - but need to find some time to photograph it properly.... stay tuned.

Cheers,

Jase.

The comment is: definitely a masterpiece!!!

One question from me is that whether the preshading is thickened after the first shown picture?

Cz it seems that the initial preshading is with very narrow line (compared with many other works I v ever seen),

but in the final weathering give me the impression that the shading line is thickened, especially on the body part.

And it will be best to open a new thread to show your overall procedure, will let us learn much more.

Thx for the pix.

1:48 Scale Macross Zero Tomcat FINISHED!!! WARNING image heavy!!!

Thanks for looking and your comments.

Cheers,

Jason.

Jase that looks amazing! You MUST bring that to the MacAusCon next year mate! I really like the shading and the choice of colour. The pilots look great too. Are they the Italeri pilots?

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I would love to go to MacAusCon next year.....

Mate I chose the colours by eye to match my reference pix so thanks - I'm happy to get some feedback on that!

The pilots are actually from the Academy tomcat kit (supplied by a good mate thanks Benjo) as the Italeri kit dosent come with any pilots, however to my complete and utter amezement they both fit perfectly into the seats and the cockpit!!! Now you have to admit that dosent happen very often.

Great to hear from another Macross Aussie!!

Cheers,

Jase.