Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

WOW! I love this thread. A lot of great modeling works been presented over the last few weeks while I was away.

Just notice that I'm totally out of shape model building wise. As exercise I've been doing some Nichimo Spartan push ups ...since today

Spartan002.jpg

I am exhausted after only a few hours. :(

Thanks Kyle. I'm looking forward to giving the 500 a try. Cheers.

Does anyone have a link to a guide on using filters? Google isn't being very helpful.

http://www.missing-lynx.com/rare_world/rw02.htm

I was fortunate to have somebody local who's ear I could bend on the subject.

Update on my Cobra Rattler Scratchbuild. Here's my post from Starshipmodeler:

Big update for today. I finished the foam forming and have begun the Blessed Aves work.

Engine cradles foam carved

Centerline turbofan foam carved

Vertical stabilizers chopped and built with pieces from spares bin. I set the wire angles with a craft store wire bending jig; the angles were set to match those of the toy's vertical stabilizer. Yes, I have the toy at my bench. :D

Building the canopy master for thermoforming later.

rough sculpting the centerline turbofan intake

Filling the voids on the chopped and pieced together wings The wings were mated to the engine cradles with wire. Correct dihedral, relative to the engine cradles, was set in the wire using the wire bending jig. Rough sculpting of the engine cradles is complete as the Aves has been sculpted over the foam.

Better view of port wing and engine cradle

Better view of starboard wing and cradle

I'm Avesing the fuselage as I type this...well almost as I type this.

Comments and criticisms welcome as always.

Kenny

Code Geass Type 10R Burai, done in Lego...

ON THE PC!

Current progress:

Front

LDDScreenShot21.png

Left

LDDScreenShot22.png

LDDScreenShot23.png

Isometric

LDDScreenShot24.png

Has 11 current points of articulation. When complete, will have 27 points of articulation.

Features ejectable cockpit block, full cockpit in minifig scale with sliding pilot seat, landspinners, and full articulation without the use of ball joints.

(The lack of ball joints accounts for many of the articulation points. 2 per shoulder, hip, and ankle)

I don't much care for Code Geass, but I love the cannon fodder units. The Burai, Glasgow, and Sutherland are pretty cool. Also, I wouldn't mind having a 16-foot tall smallish giant robot to rampage with.

>snip<

:blink:

wait, there are MECHS in Code Geass? I'm totally surprised, I was under the empression it was about really skinny girls with large breasts lusting after Bishonen sociopaths and using subliminal messages to sell pizza hut.

Code Geass Type 10R Burai, done in Lego...

ON THE PC!

Current progress:

Front

LDDScreenShot21.png

Left

LDDScreenShot22.png

LDDScreenShot23.png

Isometric

LDDScreenShot24.png

Has 11 current points of articulation. When complete, will have 27 points of articulation.

Features ejectable cockpit block, full cockpit in minifig scale with sliding pilot seat, landspinners, and full articulation without the use of ball joints.

(The lack of ball joints accounts for many of the articulation points. 2 per shoulder, hip, and ankle)

I don't much care for Code Geass, but I love the cannon fodder units. The Burai, Glasgow, and Sutherland are pretty cool. Also, I wouldn't mind having a 16-foot tall smallish giant robot to rampage with.

Really interesting... I can't wait to see the final result.

I too somewhat liked the mech designs in Geass, in particular the rebel/Japanese units, the Guren, Zangetsu, Akatsuki... all good. I hated the elite Britannian knight units, they all looked like Gundam wannabe's :p.

Really interesting... I can't wait to see the final result.

I too somewhat liked the mech designs in Geass, in particular the rebel/Japanese units, the Guren, Zangetsu, Akatsuki... all good. I hated the elite Britannian knight units, they all looked like Gundam wannabe's :p.

Tristan- Zeta Lancelot

Mordred- I don't know, but it's gotta be from G Gundam

Lancelot- A cross between Gundam and Unicorn Gundam

I don't much care for any of the rebel units. I love the Glasgow-derivatives. IE The Sutherland, Burai, and Gloucester. It goes without saying that I like the Glasgow.

And, Mike, you got most of it. You forgot that it was also about everyone getting either a weird-ass name or a number.

Lelouch -Weird name

an 11- number

CC -Weird name that includes a number

It's great to see someone using Lego as prototyping tool, something which it is so well suited for.

How long is it untill someone goes for the supersized Starscream or Ironhide. We all are waiting for that :)

LDDScreenShot30.png

Not bad, if I do say so.

Not the best, and I'm not sure if it'd hold up for reals, since Lego Digital Designer does not simulate gravity. However, I'm working on reinforcing the design were I know I'll need it. The only aesthetic elements I need now are the assault rifle.

EDIT: I made a thread about it on another anime site. Check it out if you wish.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

On the heels of my GM Sniper Custom, I've begun work on the GM Spartan... thinking of a special feet modification to allow it to kick zakus down an endless pit more easily (jk :p) . I'm using left-over parts from an MG RGM-79C, MG Nemo, the spartan conversion kit itself, and some assorted pieces of resin.

Giving it the same color as the Sniper II's from 0080.

SpartanWIP1.jpg

SpartanWIP2.jpg

So I've got a couple of new things to add to the list.

I recently got a senco PC1010 and an Iwata revolution, and I love it. So I've been eager to use it as much as possible.

The first on the list was a Hasegawa 1/72 A-10... the type with raised panel lines and non-existent cockpit. It took about two weeks of rescribing and detailing, including transforming a WWII RAF pilot into something passing for a USAF one. I also recovered a ME-262 PE set from a failed model and modified it for the cockpit. Painting went well initially, until I decaled, then glosscoat, instead of vice versa. So there is a bit of silvering, but I learned a valuable lesson from it. Overall though I learned how effective the capillary method is for panel lining, so I'm happy overall.

Second is a Kotobukiya 1/72 Hellhound from Patlabor II. Given how easy the company's previous Jigabachi was to build, I didn't expect this one to be that difficult, but I was wrong. The Cockpit is basically devoid of detail, the canopy doesn't fit in addition to a whole slew of nagging fit problems. Nothing as bad as the A-10 had, but its proving not to be a fun build. Building a nice cockpit for it took four nights, while the canopy problems took three extra days, and I'm pretty sure once I remove the masks the light gray putty will be glaringly apparent in the cockpit. At least now I'm nearly done (A glosscoat, decals, glosscoat, panel-lining, flatcoat, done.)

Last one is a Academy 1/72 BF-109 G-14 I'm doing for a group build at FSM. given the problems I've had with difficult models I'm trying to get this done in less than a week with a minimum of fuss. For now all I've done is the cockpit, with a few extra pipes, as well as a harness I made from strips of paper painted tan. Finishing the tub in one night was refreshing after the Hellhound. After this I'm going to continue work on my Club M 1/72 VF-11... already have some of the main assemblies done for it.

Sorry about the poor picture quality... my camera is back next week so I'll have better photos then.

post-1167-1241555799_thumb.jpg

post-1167-1241555879_thumb.jpg

post-1167-1241555904_thumb.jpg

post-1167-1241555913_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noyhauser

I'm glad I held off on the Hellhound. I would have only bought it for a "fun" build. I'm not that big of a Patlabor fan. - MT

Here is a quick update on my Spartan GM. It's now standing on its own 2 feet which will be promptly disassembled for painting. At first I did not really like the bulky feel of the kit, but it doesn't seem as bad now that it's fully fitted. I can't wait to start work on that sniper rifle.

SpartanWIP3.jpg

I'm on vacation this week, so I pretty much spent the past two afternoons working on modeling... doing so in plain sunlight just feels weird and abnormal :p .

Nice work there GT, of all those GM variations I like the spartan as well.

One day I will custon build just like these.

By the way, these are build by somebody else.

... and those builds are nice. The one on the left is the B-club Spartan, the one on the right is a RGM-79SP2, it might be scratch built or using a 3rd party resin kit, I only say so because the two plates on the upper thigh armor design is wrong. The SP2 has 2 long rectangle slabs for those pieces of armor :) . Nevertheless... they are nice and I wish I had those skillz.

Now, with mine, I'm trying to build a strange hybrid between the spartan and the SP2.

I'm glad I held off on the Hellhound. I would have only bought it for a "fun" build. I'm not that big of a Patlabor fan. - MT

Maybe I'm being a bit hard on the model, however the cockpit is completely blank, and there are several fit issues which prove to be hard to tackle. I'd recommend going with the Jigabachi model they put out in a heartbeat over this one. Still its quite an imposing looking model once built, so hopefully its worth the effort.

Looks like great work there Noyhauser! Keep up the great progress.

Thanks Jardann... I'm really learning alot with the new equipment.