Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

WOW! I miss this page for a week and I miss out on a lot!!! The Garfish looks awesome (you know you'll get buyers here Cap'n! The Optimus looks awesome and looks like a great piece of engineering! Everyone's work looks awesome! :o - MT

actually there's one right now on ebay... for $35 <_<

I'm considering getting a MkII and painting over that god awful bronze color. they're cheaper than the CP-22 stand alone and come with both the CP-22 and 23 :p

also considering getting a kotobukiya blade liger although If I do I'll probebly have to cancel this

oh the conundrum! -_-

Holy! I forgot eBay. I gave up on them awhile back. I think I'm gonna have to buy it...

I kinda like the bronze on the MkII, although I hate the green cockpit.

As for me, I want the Kotobukiya Command Wolf IC. $35 ain't so bad, really. I kinda also want the Blade Liger LC, Command Wolf LC, and the Command Wolf AC.

The Koto line has been a love affair with Wolves for me, so far. I want them to do a Koenig, now, with DSR. Please, Kotobukiya?

Note: I have another place I plan on ordering the IC. They're even selling it more cheaply, and I've bought from them before with no incident, so I trust them. Just wish I could find that LC...

the LC is impossible to find, and I ordered the Irvine custom from HLJ when it still had the early bird discount. I've actually found a way to get a little extra cash so I might still be able to get the Tama-nee and the Blade liger, but I'm going to pass on the VF100 armored Messiah.

the LC is impossible to find, and I ordered the Irvine custom from HLJ when it still had the early bird discount. I've actually found a way to get a little extra cash so I might still be able to get the Tama-nee and the Blade liger, but I'm going to pass on the VF100 armored Messiah.

Which is why I wish I could find it.

I hope to get the 1/60 PG Strike Gundam for my birthday this summer. That'll be a straight week of work in a 90-degree room, as my Air Conditioner's broken (It's 25 years old. What'd you expect?), and I live in Texas. I. Can't. Wait.

I finally started working again on the Kibou-Gou from the Mars Daybreak anime. This model has been on my shelf in gray primer for almost four years now. Yesterday I sprayed it completely white so I could photoshop the final color scheme. I already did variations on the line-art but doing it on the actual model gives a better impression. On the left is the original purple-white-green color scheme which I never liked. It is sort of like a failed copy of EVA-01. The second color scheme I made a long time ago. The third one I made today since I like the white color on the model.

post-6333-1239801367_thumb.jpg

post-6333-1239801377_thumb.jpg

post-6333-1239801773_thumb.jpg

It's a great kit, too bad they didn't release other designs from the series.

Indeed. After having made some VF-25's it is also nice to work on something simple (40 vs 250 parts) for a change, although masking this kit will require some extra attention. Yours looks great indigo. Got any more pics?

Indeed. After having made some VF-25's it is also nice to work on something simple (40 vs 250 parts) for a change, although masking this kit will require some extra attention. Yours looks great indigo. Got any more pics?

I had a small WIP at another forum, but the site was nuked. There is a lot of masking work, and I painted the upper arms and legs and masked them before attaching the lower parts

kenran2.jpg

The white rings at the shoulders were masked with frisk film; there are small blades you can fit into a compass to cut perfect circles.

kenran4.jpg

Here's an almost-complete shot, but I still have to finish the weapon before I take "studio" shots. The stand is painted silver now.

kenran6.jpg

Edited by electric indigo

Thanks for the kind comments.

Question to EXO, where in the section do you want me to put this topic separatery?

Sorry... just saw this... you can put it up in the Other Anime section... or you can keep it here. Up to you. I for one would love a dedicated for this wonderful build!

This thread rocks though.

Update on my Cobra Rattler Scratchbuild. Here's my post from Starshipmodeler:

Lots of work done for a few more images.

After stringing the wing ribs and spars together, I realized I had done them exactly upside down from the way I needed to build them. I should have dropped the spars in from the top of the ribs, not the bottoms, as the wings thin from the bottom as they progress outward. I now had no way to thin the wing tip ribs and keep the spars in place. D'OH!

My logic of it being more work to re sect an existing wing went quickly out of a 1/48th scale window. Luckily, the Strategic Styrene Reserve provides for such emergencies and I was able to provide the desired wings from, fittingly enough, some sections of A-10 wings. :D

The wing weren't a total loss, though, as the engine mount cradles were still perfect. They do not taper and have no dihedral or anhedral..

I've done a lot of foam work too and that, coupled with fasting, chanting, and burning of styrene to cleanse my body in preparation for the Holy Aves, I will begin the good stuff.

At least the engine cradles were able to be used

Lots of surgery to get something useful of of these spare parts

The most insulated model in the Commonwealth of Kentucky

There's a turbofan engine in there somewhere

Salt water taffy as a modelling medium?!?!?!

Comments and criticism welcomed, as always. Back to work.

Kenny

Edited by Lt. Z0mBe

At least your model will remain warm next winter Z0mBe!

I brought this out of storage on the request of my son. I buyilt it over a decade ago. We've been watching Mospeada lately and got the Mospeada bug! In fact, I just bought the Eta and Jota 1/48 and 1/12 Stick/Rey transformable models. Oh yeah, and an Aoshima Legios and MPC TREAD (I'm doing surgery on it later). Yes, I ACTUALLY bought "TOYS!"

post-2518-1240083098_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1240083108_thumb.jpg[atta

chment=65944:Gurab_Lower_View.JPG]post-2518-1240083132_thumb.jpg

I heard a glass shattering sound and it was this all over the floor in pieces! So it's fixed butt has more chips than a poker hall! I would HEAVILY upgrade and sell this as a kit, but I don't want to get sued by someone in particular. I have a half done 1/48th version that is 100% better than this. - MT

post-2518-1240083119_thumb.jpg

Edited by MechTech

At least your model will remain warm next winter Z0mBe!

I brought this out of storage on the request of my son. I buyilt it over a decade ago. We've been watching Mospeada lately and got the Mospeada bug! In fact, I just bought the Eta and Jota 1/48 and 1/12 Stick/Rey transformable models. Oh yeah, and an Aoshima Legios and MPC TREAD (I'm doing surgery on it later). Yes, I ACTUALLY bought "TOYS!"

Is this a 1/48? or is it one of those smallish 1/72 that was sold a few years ago at Wonderfest?

Maybe one day I'll finish the 1/32 Legioss I started way back when. The micro-machines Legioss & Tread were made to accompany this sucker here...

Oh please dear lord in heaven let this be a kit that the good Captain will make available to us, please please!!

007 - This was my first attempt at casting: latex rubber molds and Polyester resin (think fiber glass) from twelve years ago! It is actually 1/72nd scale. My 1/48th scale one was left 50% done. It is an all styrene poseable model with poly joints.

There would be more people making these, but there's that stupid threat of a looming lawsuit. Ask a couple of fellow MWers about that one.

If there was a way around it, I'd do it! - MT

There would be more people making these, but there's that stupid threat of a looming lawsuit. Ask a couple of fellow MWers about that one.

If there was a way around it, I'd do it! - MT

What we need is a Macross World buy out of a majority shareholding in Harmony Gold.

<large booming voice> Shush!!! "NEAL BEFORE OUR COMBINED WEALTH HARMONY GOLD MANAGEMENT" </large booming voice>

"You will allow Mechtech and Others at Macross World to make images in your intellectual likenesses"

What we need is a Macross World buy out of a majority shareholding in Harmony Gold.

<large booming voice> Shush!!! "NEAL BEFORE OUR COMBINED WEALTH HARMONY GOLD MANAGEMENT" </large booming voice>

"You will allow Mechtech and Others at Macross World to make images in your intellectual likenesses"

We should all chip in $20. Then, all together, we'll have... Not nearly enough... Damn.

Perhaps a month's Valk money? $150-200 per member?

:lol:

That is absolutely gorgeous! Superb work there with extraordinary attention to detail. It really looks like a full scale mecha. This could easily be used in a movie. I am so jealous! You rock Kylwell!

Wow, what a great piece Kyle.

1. Collect Ma.Kross kits

2. ?

3. Profit

btw, is the cast iron effect on the hull cast on the resin pieces already, or did you add that yourself? Looks amazing, very Sherman-tank style.

Wow, what a great piece Kyle.

1. Collect Ma.Kross kits

2. ?

3. Profit

btw, is the cast iron effect on the hull cast on the resin pieces already, or did you add that yourself? Looks amazing, very Sherman-tank style.

The cast texture is Mr. Surfacer 500 and a stippling brush. Depending on the amount of stippling and for how long varies the texture.

Thanks all, kind of tickled how things turned out.

Whats on my workbench lately...well its 2 1/2 feet long and has 11 engines.

Well...

Star Destroyer! We need pics! Is it a scratch build, or what?

Star Destroyer has 5 and Executor Dreadnought has 13

Ill give ya a peek...

Its actually more of a rebuild/refit from a clumsy cat.

100_5101.jpg

100_5112.jpg

100_5319.jpg

I was just about to say CR90.