Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

Finally finished my VF-22. Here's my post from starshipmodeler:

Finally, this thing is finished. PAstel and ink washes are finished. Glazing is completed Pastel and pencil weathering are complete as is drybrushing.

Closeup from below

from below

FRom six o'clock high

from nine o'clock level

High to starboard

high noon coming at you

Now it's the time for the catharsis I call "the cleaning of the bench."

Comments and criticisms welcome, as always.

Kenny

Dam Kenny, That is awesome, Like i said in the beginning I wasn't to sure where you were going with your camo Scheme but that is awesome!! between the decals and the weathering you did to it, WOW!! Work of Art!! B))

Any close ups of the cockpit & Pilot?

Edited by 505thAirborne

Well.... it's Ma.Kross

I love seeing these little machine warriors completed (or nearly so) - nice job there, Kylwell! If only they were a little less pricey, I'dd add a few to my ever-growing collection of unbuilt models ... :unsure:

Edited by Vile

A Phalanx and a Super VF-1D, and another Phalanx in what will become, shall we say, disassembled form ... ;)

I'm going for an urban camo scheme, which is just starting to come together. The wrecked Phalanx is an older kit which was never finished. These are not going to be masterpieces, because I'm just starting to get back into modelling after 10 years on the wagon. I also can't be bothered with airbrushing any more, nice as they are, because I only have time to snatch the odd building moment here and there. I don't want to spend half of that cleaning an airbrush. :(

post-8392-1238239267_thumb.jpg

I finally finished my Starfury.

My wife and kids will be in Japan for six weeks this summer, so I should have enough spare time to get at least one Macross kit complete in that time period. :-)

Do they have a shopping list ?

Great work by the way. Always one of my favourites B5 has some excellent designs.

Edited by big F

Cool...

Off topic but here is my SU35 Super Flanker from the Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere game...

Base kit was 1:48 Kitech Su27 flanker B (bad fitting kit!!)..

Just the paint scheme to go!!

Cheers,

post-11542-1238539404_thumb.jpg

post-11542-1238539435_thumb.jpg

My newest project's post from over at starshipmodeler:

Wise and Sagely Starship Modelers,

I was approached by an individual who asked me to build and present a model of one of his most prized aircraft. The problem is, it doesn't exist. I didn't understand, was told I didn't understand, and judging by his decidedly evil laugh, determined I did not want to understand.

His wish was simple: Scratchbuild this evil aircraft model in time for Wonderfest 2010 so that all the world, or at least all the science-fiction-model-enthusiast-world-who-travels-here-to-Kentucky-to-Wonderfest would know fear.

At least, that's how I remember my moment of inspiration when I added this idea to my planbook some time ago.

All pieces cut from templates

Fuselage main beam in place and everything square

More rails parallel to beam in place to further lock things together

I'm adding the starting points for the wing root and vertical stabilizers as I type this. If you guess the name of the design, post it at your own peril. Gods be with you if you do.

Kenny

Cool...

Off topic but here is my SU35 Super Flanker from the Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere game...

Cheers,

ooh... so cool XD. love the canopy.

Cool...

Cheers,

Ah, another AC3 enthusiast. I started with a 1/72 Hase kit and tried to build an entirely new nose section - and failed. Will yours be standard UPEO or Rena paintjob?

Btw check out the link in my sig.

Ah, another AC3 enthusiast. I started with a 1/72 Hase kit and tried to build an entirely new nose section - and failed. Will yours be standard UPEO or Rena paintjob?

Btw check out the link in my sig.

Hey electric indigo...

Yup mate it will be a UPEO job.... gunna have to mix my own paint to get the right colours though..

Thanks for looking..

Nice aircraft gallery by the way - good to see!!

Edited by destroid

I finally finished my Starfury.

My wife and kids will be in Japan for six weeks this summer, so I should have enough spare time to get at least one Macross kit complete in that time period. :-)

WIP gallery: http://tenbyten.com/images/Starfury/TLT%20Custom%20Build/

That Starfury is amazing. Great work, especially the metallic finish.

Cool...

Cheers,

Very sexy. Post more pics when you can.

Kenny

Secret, evil project progress post from starshipmodeler:

A lot of work to generate a small update. The wing root and vertical stabilizer base are squared and set.

Is it a bird or a fish with all those ribs?

More to come. Comments and criticisms welcome, as always.

Kenny

Neither. It's actually a strange, islander religious artifact.

Is it a Caspian Sea Monster?

lol

Perhaps my post from SSM will help:

One engine nacelle is a little smaller than the other two. It's made from styrene sheet and two bulkheads. The other two are trimmed down ones from my spares box.

Fistful of engines

The horizontal stabilizers are sanded thinner, spliced together from two different kit parts along a piece of styrene strip spar, and set aside for the time being.

Stabilizer schmabilizer, I always say

More to come. Thanks for all the kind words. Comments and criticisms welcome.

Kenny