Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

Update on 24 inch Optimus Prime project:

I added hip joints and more details on legs. And as requested I put it next to original G1 and MP Optimus Prime.

Are you planning on putting an engine inside ?

You could ride that sucka to work

If you clicked the link and went to the full write-up, you'd know they are :p The shoulder spikes are AN (short spikes for the sides and a long spike for the middle... now I have a set of two longs and a short for another project) along with the mono-eye and the machine gun barrel... AN makes gorgeous stuff, and I've had alot of this lying around for a while waiting for a project.

Clicked on the link, never could figure out how to get to the full write up.

Cleared off my workbench to build... Academy's 1:48 F-22a Raptor (check e-bay for some great prices). Seriously. I mean it. Everything else can wait!

Out of the box, I had one broken piece, the canopy rim (not the clear part). Not a big deal, but something to watch out for when you're cutting the part out of the sprue.

Update on 24 inch Optimus Prime project:

I added hip joints and more details on legs. And as requested I put it next to original G1 and MP Optimus Prime.

That is frakin crazy my man, keep the WIP pics coming!!! B))

Thanks for pointing that out then Kly... it was totally SUPPOSED to go to the model's page, but I must have goofed with the copy and paste... I fixed it now, so check it out!

Ah! Now I see. Thanks!

post-122-1234032981_thumb.jpg

My current progress with the Raptor. Although several parts are not shown, I did fill the ejector pin marks on the intake trunking, the exaust, and what I could on the main weapons bay in the belly of the plane. Dusted the parts that are going to be painted white eventually with the same cockpit grey (Tamiya Dark Grey), so that the white comes out even (hopefully).

Also on further inspection, the weapon bay doors are riddled with sink marks. Thankfully they're nice and flat, so it'll be a breeze to fill these sink marks.

So far, it's going together very nicely. The kit also came with markings for 18 (!) different planes, and decals for the glass cockpit.

Maiden Japan, if Prime were real, he'd be real proud! Looks awesome. Makes my ship look like a canoe!

VF-19, it's nice to see a Raptor after all the aircraft around here seam to emulate parts of it. - MT

post-122-1234032981_thumb.jpg

My current progress with the Raptor. Although several parts are not shown, I did fill the ejector pin marks on the intake trunking, the exaust, and what I could on the main weapons bay in the belly of the plane. Dusted the parts that are going to be painted white eventually with the same cockpit grey (Tamiya Dark Grey), so that the white comes out even (hopefully).

Also on further inspection, the weapon bay doors are riddled with sink marks. Thankfully they're nice and flat, so it'll be a breeze to fill these sink marks.

So far, it's going together very nicely. The kit also came with markings for 18 (!) different planes, and decals for the glass cockpit.

:blink: I didn't know they made this... I want one now.

Maiden Japan, if Prime were real, he'd be real proud!

But MT, Prime is real. :angry: All the Autobots are. I see cars with their logo all the time. A few months back I saw a Decepticon disguised as a Toyota. I would have rammed it but I was uninsured :(

:blink: I didn't know they made this... I want one now.

It just came out not too long ago. I saw a small article (and a full page ad) in this month's Finescale Modeler, and that made me go and get one off of E-bay. There's plenty to be had there, and the price can be pretty good. 20-30 US dollars + shipping and it can be yours too.

But MT, Prime is real. :angry: All the Autobots are. I see cars with their logo all the time.

Transformers, more than meets the eye!

Transformers, robots in disguise!

A few months back I saw a Decepticon disguised as a Toyota. I would have rammed it but I was uninsured :(

Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of.... THE DECEPTICONS!

:lol:

Cowie, I think the smoke is drifting heavy down your way from the fires :lol:

There are Decepticons, most people call them politicians :lol:

Thanks Maiden, my current classes are slowing progress - MT

Edited by MechTech

But MT, Prime is real. :angry: All the Autobots are. I see cars with their logo all the time. A few months back I saw a Decepticon disguised as a Toyota. I would have rammed it but I was uninsured :(

Decepticons should be wiped out since they have no self respect. I saw one the other day disguised as a clapped out Daewoo.

Edited by Berttt

Finally able to post images from home following the ice storm here. Here's my post on the VF-22 project I posted at Starshipmodeler:

Finally I can upload images from my lair.

A second round of masking and preshading are complete. The first color has been applied too. I;m chaning the color scheme this time to loosely match that of a Japanese Mitsubishi F-2 maritime scheme.

Vertical STabilizers

From below

From above

Here you can see one of the female mounting pieces I built for the vertical stabilizers to give them a nice, flush fit to the fuselage after assembly:

Brackets

They're little plastic styrene or similar plastic from store clothes hangars. They had a good look to them and, at some unknown point long ago, into the greebly bin they went. Again, I wanted a more robust look to the attachment point for the vertical stabilizers to the fuselage as the "real" ones look too flimsy for a production aircraft. You know me, never canon. :-)

Finally, here's the tiled and preshaded. I stole the hexagon tile idea from Chris "Ph. D. Strange" after he gave his blessing.

More to come.

Comments and criticisms welcomed, as always.

Kenny

Soon to be off my workbench... only took about a year and a half to complete. Not that it was all that hard... I blame it on the XBOX 360 and 4 kids. After I took some pics, I realized it still needs a fair bit of detailing to get rid of some of the problem areas. These are Jade Dark Hearts tiles. Thanks JDH! And thanks Mike for the rebel pilot and thanks Jim Botatis for the helmet stickers! Thanks Guy Cowen for the plaque. And thanks Ralphlee for talking with me about it on the message boards... true inspiration.

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4415.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

Soon to be off my workbench... only took about a year and a half to complete. Not that it was all that hard... I blame it on the XBOX 360 and 4 kids. After I took some pics, I realized it still needs a fair bit of detailing to get rid of some of the problem areas. These are Jade Dark Hearts tiles. Thanks JDH! And thanks Mike for the rebel pilot and thanks Jim Botatis for the helmet stickers! Thanks Guy Cowen for the plaque. And thanks Ralphlee for talking with me about it on the message boards... true inspiration.

IMG_4403.jpg

"The Y-Wing is the workhorse of the Rebellion..."

-General Carlist Rieekan, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Finally able to post images from home following the ice storm here. Here's my post on the VF-22 project I posted at Starshipmodeler:

Finally I can upload images from my lair.

A second round of masking and preshading are complete. The first color has been applied too. I;m chaning the color scheme this time to loosely match that of a Japanese Mitsubishi F-2 maritime scheme.

Vertical STabilizers

From below

From above

Here you can see one of the female mounting pieces I built for the vertical stabilizers to give them a nice, flush fit to the fuselage after assembly:

Brackets

They're little plastic styrene or similar plastic from store clothes hangars. They had a good look to them and, at some unknown point long ago, into the greebly bin they went. Again, I wanted a more robust look to the attachment point for the vertical stabilizers to the fuselage as the "real" ones look too flimsy for a production aircraft. You know me, never canon. :-)

Finally, here's the tiled and preshaded. I stole the hexagon tile idea from Chris "Ph. D. Strange" after he gave his blessing.

More to come.

Comments and criticisms welcomed, as always.

Kenny

Hey Kenny, glad to see your back and your VF-22 is coming back to life, looks good so far, you'll definitely have the most unique looking 22 of anyone!! B))