Gundam Plamodel Thread III

how come so many GUNPLA enthusiasts seem to despise this awesome model?

i mean, this is easily the best GUNPLA i've ever built by far...

Maybe it's just the fact I've never seen it in person, but PG Zeta always seemed chunky to me. It seems like the MGs (of which some I have built) seem leaner. That would be my biggest personal gripe with it.

Says you. Try a conversion kit, ANY conversion kit. G-sys is 2nd to none, period. Even better than Bandai. The frames on G-sys kits are incredible. Expensive? Yes. Work? Yes, but that's the point of model building. Worth it? TOTALLY.

And the sanding, drilling...it's not that bad at all. Hell, some of the newer stuff is damn near immaculate. That's why G-sys is THE best resin kit maker around. Compare the G-sys Zeta or Mk.II to Bandai's, and the winner is clear. Like I said, try something small like the Wing Zero Ka. Conversion kit, or the Hyaku-Shiki conversion, and then say that they're not the best.

I love the PG Zeta. Mine seems stable. BUT...... the MG V2 has incorporated some of the PG Design tech into the v2 and then some. Its no slush like V1 was. Hated that thing. And it cant stand either. So im a little surprised to hear the PG not being able to stand and the MG v2 can??? Cause its the opposite case with me.

As for g -system

you mean this Zeta

post-4512-1260582598_thumb.jpg

Well if your good at painting and finishing Yeah its a good thing but if your not....THere is no way someone with a brain would get something like this and then admire the hacked job and be happy with the money they spent on a half ass mech.

Also, as nice as these kits are, they suffer some form of fungal infection. Parts just seem WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion. GROSSLY

Apparently they are releasing a pre-colored kit. Ill see the reviews buts if its good ill bite.

http://www.g-system-shop.com/product_info....products_id=124

post-4512-1260582835_thumb.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

dalong beat eugimon and built the 00 Raiser first. Shame on you eugimon! j/k, at least you got started, I haven't even done that yet.

http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p12/p12_p.htm

And if you looked at his house and car the guy is LOADED

He even has a dedicated Buildroom with a digital SLK Bluetooth camera studio

I dont think the guy even works.....I need to win the lotto asap

Edit: Holly Jet batman

That back jet up his ass thing looks terrible Im not going to attach mine. Thats just wrong.....man!

post-4512-1260589341_thumb.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

dalong beat eugimon and built the 00 Raiser first. Shame on you eugimon! j/k, at least you got started, I haven't even done that yet.

http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p12/p12_p.htm

At least you guys actually have your 00s! I still haven't been billed for mine yet. I'm guessing the place where I ordered it from doesn't have any in stock yet.

I wonder which will get to me first, this model or Final Fantasy XIII, which doesn't come out in Japan until next Thursday.

At least you guys actually have your 00s! I still haven't been billed for mine yet. I'm guessing the place where I ordered it from doesn't have any in stock yet.

I wonder which will get to me first, this model or Final Fantasy XIII, which doesn't come out in Japan until next Thursday.

You mean it hasnt even been shipped yet. Oh you poor poor man

Got mine today. Need to hide it in the garage until the wifey goes to sleep and open it in the bat cave teehee

You mean it hasnt even been shipped yet. Oh you poor poor man

Got mine today. Need to hide it in the garage until the wifey goes to sleep and open it in the bat cave teehee

On the bright side, I don't have to hide mine from anyone! Where I'm going to put it once its built is another question entirely.

Dalong has the preview of the MG V Gundam. Looks not too shabby. You even get a second corefighter, so that you can properly display the top and bottom halves of the 'suit when it's transformed.

I'm waiting on a V2.

The real problem with Katoki designs is they dont work

I had the MG Unicorn and boyo that was the shi t

BTW if anyone needs a frame for spare parts its yours you pay for shipping

This looks like another figure that all it could is raise its arms do an a-stance and fall apart. Waiting to see the review I may be wrong. I hope. Not that i want this figure but it would mean a decent V2

Question. Took out my wing PG. Any issues with your PG WIng?

huh. all this time, and i've had no "back-heavy" issues

with my ZETA. perhaps if i tried to display it in some wild-ass

poses, but, perhaps barring that, the PG ZETA has so far

proven itself to me in earnest that i did not waste the

$200 that it cost me...

PGZGUNDAM12-11-09.jpg

1-60PGZGUNDAM12-11-09.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED9.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM10-23-09.jpg

oh, and NU GUNDAM II; is that UNICORN GUNDAM that you do not want complete? how much for the shipping?

A bit OT but:

If anyone sees on a blog/site that Kotobukiya's new 1/100 Fei-Yen is actually released/purchasable, would you let me know? I've got one pre-ordered but don't know if it'll actually be out in time for Xmas.

Kotobukiya's blog shows that they just got a sample of the actual product. So I suspect it's already in production. No idea when it'll hit the store shelves though.

HLJ has the PG OO set in thier inventory but it doesn't seems to be selling out like most new releases due... Must be ppl trying to save money due to the economy... Still the kit is great but it is a bit much... 300 USD is pretty steep even for a PG kit. I paid 170 for my PG zeta kit a few years ago and the features are comparatively equal with electronics wiring and all.

Question. Took out my wing PG. Any issues with your PG WIng?

The PG WZC is really top heavy due to the large wings.

This makes poses quite limited, especially since it doesn't

come with a stand.

I have read more rants than raves about this kit, but I really

love this PG. As long as you treat it as a model and not as

a toy, you'll be fine. I managed to find the pose that I really

liked and I have left it in that position in my detolf.

It really has an imposing presence because of it's wings.

Aside from my MP-04, this is the toy that my wife admits

that she likes.

By the way, anyone here has the pg strike rouge? Is the

extra amount worth getting it over the strike? Seems there

is a shortage of pg's here in singapore. can't seem to find

anything else, except the 00.

HLJ has the PG OO set in thier inventory but it doesn't seems to be selling out like most new releases due... Must be ppl trying to save money due to the economy... Still the kit is great but it is a bit much... 300 USD is pretty steep even for a PG kit. I paid 170 for my PG zeta kit a few years ago and the features are comparatively equal with electronics wiring and all.

PG kits are not known to sell fast due to pricing. PG kits are also geared toward high-end collectors so it won't be uncommon for a PG kit to still be in stock while MG kits disappear.

PG kits are not known to sell fast due to pricing. PG kits are also geared toward high-end collectors so it won't be uncommon for a PG kit to still be in stock while MG kits disappear.

Maybe your right but it seems that all the other PG kits released a few years earlier sold well. Every website that ever sold gunpla always sold out of their new stock PG kits that would come in every few months.

Even at a high price point the wing zero custom and GP01 kit always sold out within two to three weeks. I just expected most places would be out of stock right now on what usually is a well selling item.

The PG WZC is really top heavy due to the large wings.

This makes poses quite limited, especially since it doesn't

come with a stand.

I have read more rants than raves about this kit, but I really

love this PG. As long as you treat it as a model and not as

a toy, you'll be fine. I managed to find the pose that I really

liked and I have left it in that position in my detolf.

It really has an imposing presence because of it's wings.

Aside from my MP-04, this is the toy that my wife admits

that she likes.

By the way, anyone here has the pg strike rouge? Is the

extra amount worth getting it over the strike? Seems there

is a shortage of pg's here in singapore. can't seem to find

anything else, except the 00.

Thanks.

I was just wondering since its a PG it cant hold its wings up too well. The metal wiring in each feather, the heavy wing on the PG adds so much weight when its posed with the wings up after the night they end up sagging down . Also I noticed the plastic is not as good as RX-78-2 or MK II. It seems it could have been so much more. The frame is awesome but the armor is pretty thin compared to the other PGs. Its almost as thin as the Chars Zaku

I have been looking at the MG pics of the WZC and it looks pretty decent. At least it has a stand and can hold the wings up. It also seems it has the extra Wing/Feather bit on top the main wing.

As for the Strike Rouge. If you dont have a strike get the rouge. It comes with extra special stickers but its identical to the Original. If you can get a cheap strke then you can get the jet pack separatly and ends up being cheaper then the rouge

As for the new MG Victory

My suspisions of it not being as flexible as previous MGs were right. I dont like it. And its SMALL. Really Small. The F91 MG is the smallest MG and its the same size. That means their would be more issues of breakage moving and shifting all the parts PASS

And I'm still waiting on any news when I'll be getting my PG 00 :mellow:

Ah, just checked the website that I ordered it from. Said they started shipping orders this past Friday. Hopefully, that means mine will be shipping in the next few days, I hope!

Edited by Beltane70

And I'm still waiting on any news when I'll be getting my PG 00 :mellow:

Ah, just checked the website that I ordered it from. Said they started shipping orders this past Friday. Hopefully, that means mine will be shipping in the next few days, I hope!

Mine has been sitting in the airport a damn week (with no end in sight). Stupid customs. :angry:

huh. all this time, and i've had no "back-heavy" issues

with my ZETA. perhaps if i tried to display it in some wild-ass

poses, but, perhaps barring that, the PG ZETA has so far

proven itself to me in earnest that i did not waste the

$200 that it cost me...

oh, and NU GUNDAM II; is that UNICORN GUNDAM that you do not want complete? how much for the shipping?

dude you still have cassette tapes? :lol:

Hehe... strangely magnetic tapes (of which ancient cassettes tapes belong to) are still quite commonly used for data storage and backup. Loading all of your company's backed up data into a truck and driving it to a storage facility provides much greater data throughput than sending crap digitally over a network... though this throughput is not particularly useful for situations other than backup & restoration.

Well, made the frame for the upper body. If anyone was thinking of painting this thing, there's a ring system that the shoulder assemblies connect to. Don't paint the internal ring/shoulder connectors as the tolerance inside the ring is pretty tight and it will gum up the mechanism.

One of the neat things about the kit is it shows how the 00 is a modified single drive suit. The ring assembly and cockpit areas even has left over remnants of it's single drive days, a little cockpit hatch with "GN" marked on it that doesn't go anywhere.

Edited by eugimon

Having nothing better to do with my life for now, I finished building EXIA. I am pleased by the innovation in his waste insofar as giving him greater leg mobility - that's such an EASY engineering solution and yet for so long it has been overlooked...why? Beats me. All previous Gundams have basically had a hollow space where they put the sliding mechanism - and it really does improve poseability.

I still need to build his weapons and a Gundam stand for him and then he can join his happy comrades.

Pete

Man im all Gundam'd out!

After putting up some spare shelf's in the guest room and removing most of the gundams from the Detolfs. Im tired

Started and almost finished panel lining the PG Wing. Looks much better but takes a long time to really thin the lines out. A lot of q-tips.

I can honestly say that I prefer the RX-78-2 more. The wing is nice but the wings are so heavy it cant hold many poses. I would have preferred some stickers and a stand. Looking at the MG version i ordered it from Ebay along with the new MG Qubeley Mk-II(Elpeo Ple's)

havent started on PG 00