Gundam Plamodel Thread III

The spinning looks better in RL. It's surprisingly loud though.

I might have to open mine up and check that out. I was actually wondering about the sound factor, and if maybe glueing a foam O-ring to the base of it would help.

So you already have it???

Pics or it didnt happen.

What I want to know which stand it comes with.. Mine didnt come in yet.

Thanks

That's what you get for being Canadian with your stricter customs...I had mine for a couple days now, haven't even messed with it though, as I've been working a lot lately. If no one else does, I'll do a build up over my X-mas vacation. Not sure whether I'm going to paint/weather it or not though.

So you already have it???

Pics or it didnt happen.

What I want to know which stand it comes with.. Mine didnt come in yet.

Thanks

_DSC0362.JPG

I made the feet and played with the drives. I do miss all the detail on the frame compared to my Strike and Mk. II PG kits.

Edited by eugimon

_DSC0362.JPG

I made the feet and played with the drives. I do miss all the detail on the frame compared to my Strike and Mk. II PG kits.

LOL, that was a quick start to building. I got mine a day before you and it's still sitting in my closet. I'm embarassed.

Edited by Excillon

_DSC0362.JPG

whoohooo comes with the 2 way stand

Noice dam customs

Hopefully I get some christmas money. Cause im ready to buy the PG red Frame

Well, I only have a few hours a day to work on it, basically when there's sun and the kid is in pre-school. I likely will have little more than the legs finished after a week

thats why i have to work lighting speed. Both kids at home i dont get time to myself until 11:30 pm So i work through the night at breakneck speed. Since I work from home i sneak a quick nap.

teehee

Got mine from HLJ this afternoon. It's still in the box of course. Too busy this weekend to check it out, but the stand, as the photo shows, comes in a that separate box. This initial production print has a form that we can send back to HLJ to get the "special" clear parts from Bandai.

Awesome to see the GN drives actually spin. Very nice!

I really like the box artwork on this one. I'm interested to see the inner details now that you guys are talking about "it" being less intricate than the previous PGs.

you know... given this is the first time I'm actually trying to clean and paint a model... maybe it's a good thing it's not as complex as the other PG kits... man this is a lot of work.

at least the paint dries quickly in this cool dry air.

Edited by eugimon

So, I finished making the frame of one leg and the posability really doesn't compare to the PG strike, leg bend isn't as deep, not as much range of motion in the ankle either.

If you're painting, are you going to disassemble the GN drives? If so, could you snap some pics, put some tips up? I'm on the fence about painting mine, mainly because of that reason. Not sure how elaborate they are internally, as I like I said I haven't even opened mine yet.

I finally broke down and ordered the PG 00.I was lucky and actually found a sight that had it for US $250 with free shipping.

If anyone's interested, here's where I ordered it from. AFAIK, the free shipping is only for this month.

http://store.model-direct.com/index.php

If that one includes the stand and clear parts option, I'm going to feel really f***ing stupid.

So, I finished making the frame of one leg and the posability really doesn't compare to the PG strike, leg bend isn't as deep, not as much range of motion in the ankle either.

Took my PG Strike out from storage a few days ago. Man are those legs a work of engineering art!! I had forgotten how many parts and armor pieces move and shift when posing them. Truly

My 00 should arrive next week if customs doesn't shoot it down. At least I got a nice discount and free shipping from HLJ, so if I end up paying import taxes I won't feel so bad.

I finally got my first of 5 PG Gundams i bought. Funny how all the picks of the boxes don't represent how huge they are. I got mine in the mail today and was like WOW that's a huge box. So now I am putting together the PG Red Astray and waiting for my 00, Zeta, Strike, and RX-78-2 with Weapons edition to come in the mail. I will have a very busy Christmas. Also i bought the initial production version of the 00 but i don't think it comes with clear parts, all i knew of was the stand.

Edited by kanedaestes

I finally got my first of 5 PG Gundams i bought. Funny how all the picks of the boxes don't represent how huge they are. I got mine in the mail today and was like WOW that's a huge box. So now I am putting together the PG Red Astray and waiting for my 00, Zeta, Strike, and RX-78-2 with Weapons edition to come in the mail. I will have a very busy Christmas. Also i bought the initial production version of the 00 but i don't think it comes with clear parts, all i knew of was the stand.

It comes with a Voucher for clear parts. The Strike is the best out of your group. The Red Frame is a retool of it, but not as good.

If you're painting, are you going to disassemble the GN drives? If so, could you snap some pics, put some tips up? I'm on the fence about painting mine, mainly because of that reason. Not sure how elaborate they are internally, as I like I said I haven't even opened mine yet.

I tried taking it apart but once I got a sight of the wiring and gears I put it back together... there's a reason why it comes pre-made. gonna have to do some creative masking or just leave it unpainted.

It comes with a Voucher for clear parts. The Strike is the best out of your group. The Red Frame is a retool of it, but not as good.

Yes that is true but I seem to have a thing for mechs and Samurai sword and the Red Frame has a nice one.

Took my PG Strike out from storage a few days ago. Man are those legs a work of engineering art!! I had forgotten how many parts and armor pieces move and shift when posing them. Truly

My 00 should arrive next week if customs doesn't shoot it down. At least I got a nice discount and free shipping from HLJ, so if I end up paying import taxes I won't feel so bad.

what how

i had mine on pre order before i canceled because with shipping it came to 400 bucks i dont know how you got hlj to ship for free and discount it

that why i went on ebay to get mine

what how

i had mine on pre order before i canceled because with shipping it came to 400 bucks i dont know how you got hlj to ship for free and discount it

that why i went on ebay to get mine

HLJ's black friday sale; buy one of their discounted items, get 25% off the rest of your order and free EMS shipping.

HLJ's black friday sale; buy one of their discounted items, get 25% off the rest of your order and free EMS shipping.

Mg GN-X on preorder too... and green VF-27

we all know this right?

"HLJ Just-in-time Holiday Blowout Sale With FREE SHIPPING!

Campaign ends in 6:00pm December 11, 2009 (Japan Standard Time; GMT + 9)"

Edited by Vince

Meanwhile... I'm suffering from Gundam building fatigue. I need to build EXIA's waiste...but somehow can't bring myself to it. I really admire you guys who LIKE to build models. I hate it. I love the finished result, and yes - I like the sense of satisfaction... But I'd much rather have a cute redhead in a night gown sitting at the table and build the Gundam while I watch.

As such- I guess after three Gundams, finishing the third one takes me forever. I probably won't build any more this year at all after Exia's finally done...

Dunno why I am this way - but there it is.

Pete

That's funny cause i just built the MG Exia, the 1/60th Exia, which i got before the MG and i just bought 5 PGs, i am in a huge building phase right now. I was contemplating the Lego Millenium Falcon, the really huge one but i don't have room for it

Meanwhile... I'm suffering from Gundam building fatigue. I need to build EXIA's waiste...but somehow can't bring myself to it. I really admire you guys who LIKE to build models. I hate it. I love the finished result, and yes - I like the sense of satisfaction... But I'd much rather have a cute redhead in a night gown sitting at the table and build the Gundam while I watch.

As such- I guess after three Gundams, finishing the third one takes me forever. I probably won't build any more this year at all after Exia's finally done...

Dunno why I am this way - but there it is.

Pete

I remember when I first got into Gundam building (well, serious Gundam building, not HG kits), I was building an MG a week. I built like 20 or so, and stopped. Then, I started on PG's. I built 4 back to back, and by then, I was exhausted from it, and I had an PG RX-178 Titans that I had bought sitting there on my bookcase for 6 months. One day, I got the itch to do something, pulled it out, built it over the course of 2 weekends, and that started it up again. I however, have found the key to avoid burnouts. Here's my secret:

Build bigger more elaborate kits. Greater sense of accoplishment, and you don't feel the need to build an army of them. Like I said with 1/60 scale, less selection, less urges to build 'em all (Until you get bitten by the G-system bug, like I did with the Guncannon and Powered GM conversion kits). The rest between kits feels deserved as well.

Alternate types of kits. Gundams can get monotonous. Try something else, like Altair Zega Pain (great Bandai snap kit, love the LED effect), Macross Frontier kits, etc. Have you ever tried your hand at a Hasegawa Macross kit? Try a Battroid kit. Easy enough, and you can do a decent enough job with Rattle cans if you don't want to buy an airbrush. It's entirely different, so it doesn't feel the same since you use putty, more cutting, decal sheets, etc. I go through "real model" phases and "Slam build" phases, as in my head I've separated the two into entirely different catagories.

Edited by Excillon

I really hate to admit this, but Bandai's models these days has made me a lazy model builder. I can't even remember the last time that I actually used glue to build a model. Even worse, I haven't painted one in at least 10 years or so.

I still buy traditional glue/paint models, but who knows when I'll get around to them. I still have an old Five Star Stories Mortar Headd resin model that I bought on my first trip to Japan back in 1991 that hasn't even been touched.

Edited by Beltane70

Personally, I don't suffer from the "must build all MGs" syndrome - and I'm very much looking forward to building the HG Unicorns and Kyshatoria (sic?).

Actually - I'd like to build some other HG Gundams as well. I think that the lack of an inner frame gives me more creative license in terms of touching up the outer portions of the HG because I never have to worry about "what will happen to my touch up job if I want to remove the armor" - it's just there.

As for PGs - again - I will try. Maybe a PG Zeta would be good, since it is transformable and would therefore look good with my 1/60 Yammies.

In either case, for now, I'm Gundamed out after three in a row... just gotta finish poor ol' Exia off :)

I might do the blue frame Astray when I finally have it (this week probably) ... but I might just as well let it sit there and collect dust.

I'm still heart broken over my 1/72 Alto who's gone and lost three crucial shoulder pieces and therefore is stuck in building limbo... Oh well... That's teach me to panel line with anything but a technical pencil (I f-ed up the panel lining on the undercarriage with a non-ersable marker and IMO that cursed the whole project...I tried to smudge it -- like to make weathering...but then it looked like...well...f-ed up SMUDGED panel lines :) ) ...

I guess I was meant to have only one perfectly build 1/72 Messiah - that being the S type.

Um...but...yeah..Gundams are great - but I like to play with the ones I already built rather than turn into a Chinese one-man factory and build non-stop :)

Pete