Gundam Plamodel Thread III

Anyhow, back to gundam kits, here's why I'm so steamed at Bandai right now, please, other than the bazooka tell me if you see a difference at all, because I have the Bottom kit and would love to know if there are any:

http://www.dalong.net/review/seed/s113/s113_p.htm

http://www.dalong.net/review/seed/sl1/p/sl1_01.jpg

Oh, the Gold Frame "Limited". Basically your standard Red Frame with gold-plated parts... Well, aside from the Bazooka in the actual Astray Gold Frame kits, yes you are right, there are no other differences. Both are your standard Red Frame kit, with the Astray Gold Frame kit just getting an additional sprue for the Bazooka parts.

I feel for you dude.

Edited by valkyriepilot

I on the other hand feel happy; having just completed my Char's Zaku II version 2. Well... still got weapons to build. I used a pencil for panel lining - so you can add "pencil" to my list of ghetto modeling tools :) Yay.

97labb.jpg

Pete

VFTF1- looks good, and a pencil's a reasonable panel lining tool for an unpainted kit. You have the calves assembled wrong tho... those tabs on the round bits should be tucked under the bottom ankle skirts, not over them :)

Ooops... gotta go downstairs and look at the instruction and see what I can do to fix that - thanks!

Pete

I'm not catching what promethuem5 pointed out. However, I think you forgot to attach the achilles heel guard armor on the foot. ;)

Just a suggestion: You might want to blow some clear flat spray on it. It'll protect the rub on decals and make your Zaku look even better.

Vifam's also right, you forgot the last 'flair' of the ankle/heel guard. What I'm talking about is right above that, with those tabs from the...

NVM Vifam's got it. I checked on Dalong, and it is just that you forgot the last bit of armor on there. The tab looked funny and made me think the part assembled differently than it does. Carry on...

Vifam7 - you're right... and it would have been impossible for me to make that attachment without first making the correction Prometheus pointed out. He's obviously a master modeler with a perfect eye for everything. Thanks to both of you. Char is happy now :)

foncxg.jpg

Pete

I just got a really evil idea.

I think I'm gonna take the armor plating off of my Unicorn Gundam and replace it with... Titanium Coating Armor Plating :)

I don't feel like building the whole thing up from scratch...

Maybe I'll have one titanium armored and sometime later I can build the new internal frame to have that hanging around too... :)

Pete

anybody here have a PG wing zero?

am thinking of getting this. the only

negative review i've read is that the

wings are so heavy, making posing

difficult.

anyway, on a related note, does

anybody here build gundams the

same way i do? i build both pairs

of arms or legs simultaneously.

i think it's faster that way.

I built the PG Wing 0 several years ago and was...disappointed with it.

The thing is insanely heavy and kind of a bitch to pose and not just the wings. Overall I just felt it wasn't a good buy and have subsequently boxed it instead of displaying it. I also though the proportions were a little off, it always felt..stumpy to me.

Honestly I think you'd be better off with the newer, nicer MG Wing 0. Unless you are just dying for it in 1/60.

thanks for the feedback bro.

do you mean its that bad that you had to put it back in the box?

but aren't PG's supposed to be heavy? and what do you mean

by "not just the wings"? are there no redeeming qualities?

really appreciate your response bro. am still debating if i'll be

getting this.

anybody with positive feedback?

I built the PG Wing 0 several years ago and was...disappointed with it.

The thing is insanely heavy and kind of a bitch to pose and not just the wings. Overall I just felt it wasn't a good buy and have subsequently boxed it instead of displaying it. I also though the proportions were a little off, it always felt..stumpy to me.

Honestly I think you'd be better off with the newer, nicer MG Wing 0. Unless you are just dying for it in 1/60.

Well the legs contain a fair amount of metal, both in the knees and hips/waist if I remember right and it just makes the thing feel too weighty imo.

It isn't a terrible model, I was just disappointed with what I got for the cost.

My biggest beef with the whole thing really was its proportions, the design has always looked best (to me) as sleek and elegant and I really felt like the PG lost some of that.

I dunno if this is a common problem or not, but the shoulders on mine got seriously floppy after a while for no real reason. As a result they'd sag a lot when on display.

Ultimately I started seeing it as a big chubby eyesore and removed it from my display case.

Another note about the wings, they are big and weighty as you mentioned, but they are also one giant piece of plastic with flexible feathers screwed into place. The MG wings are more segmented and allow for nicer poses imo.

Here's the sort of classic zero pose and you can see what I mean.

PG: http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p05/p/p05_31.jpg

MG: http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m75/p/m75_12big.jpg

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

many thanks bro.

the reason i am interested in this particular model

is more of nostalgia than anything. wing was the

first gundam series that i watched. my wife also

likes the angelic appearance of the Ka that i have

and i know she'll like this more and i don't have to

ask her twice about getting this. :lol: (good thing i

don't have the MG version. the Ka didn't have any

articulation in the wings so i think i'll like this PG.)

anyway, thanks a lot for the heads up. at least i'll know

what to watch out if i do decide to get it. i don't think i'll

have any problem with the shoulders as i prefer displaying

my gundams only with swords, except for the doms which

really look better with the bazookas. i particularly like the

kneeling pose in dalong and i intend to permanently

display it as such. with regards to the proportion, i don't

find it stubby.

one other thing bro, can it be posed standing without the

wings touching the ground? i think the reason why they

made the hips and waist heavy is to compensate for the

heavy wings by bring the center of gravity nearer to

the body.

Oh yeah it definitely can, the wings are so large you just usually see them touch the ground. He is definitely stable though and once you get him into a pose you like he's pretty much a rock, especially if you tighten the screws in the leg joints. The wings are big, but not very heavy so no need to worry.

I don't understand what you mean by three times faster - but the Gundam RX F.E.M is strangely erotic...

Pete

So, this is the new line of gunpla? very interesting... very wrong but very interesting. ;)

Edited by Vince

I don't understand what you mean by three times faster - but the Gundam RX F.E.M is strangely erotic...

Pete

my eyes, thanks for moving that pic here. :p

Wiki

"MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type

Design by Kunio Okawara, the MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type (also known as the Zaku II Custom in some sources) looks very similar to the normal Zaku: so much so that the Earth Federation can generally only tell the difference from color schemes most pilots apply to their units and the increased performance of this version.

The S-Type Zaku II features a squad-leader "antenna" that is mounted on the head on the Zaku II, which is used to distinguish squad-leaders or higher ranking pilots from other squad-members or lower ranking pilots. It also featured a more powerful fusion reactor. In turn, the S-Type Zaku II had greater thrust and acceleration. This allowed them to move at speeds 1/3 faster than a normal Zaku II (in the original TV series, it was stated to be 3 times faster, but this was retconned in the movie trilogy to the more reasonable figure). This made it incredibly dangerous in the hands of the ace pilots it was handed out to, such as the "Red Comet" Char Aznable."

Oh yeah it definitely can, the wings are so large you just usually see them touch the ground. He is definitely stable though and once you get him into a pose you like he's pretty much a rock, especially if you tighten the screws in the leg joints. The wings are big, but not very heavy so no need to worry.

Thanks bro.

I decided i'll still get him anyway.

By the way, did you just build it

or did you do some panel lining,

painting, etc? Am just planning

on a straight build as I don't have

the time nor the experience.

How long do you think it will take

for just a snap build?

Thanks bro.

I decided i'll still get him anyway.

By the way, did you just build it

or did you do some panel lining,

painting, etc? Am just planning

on a straight build as I don't have

the time nor the experience.

How long do you think it will take

for just a snap build?

I did painting and some panel lining and it was like....a weekend I want to say. So a strait build could just be a day depending on how fast/how much you want to work on it.

I did painting and some panel lining and it was like....a weekend I want to say. So a strait build could just be a day depending on how fast/how much you want to work on it.

man, you work really fast! read a WIP thread on another

forum and he only basically panel-lined his PG WZC and

it took him about 80 to a hundred hours. i also take about

around 20 hours to finish an MG and it's only straight build

but i do take extra time and care in cutting parts off the

sprues to ensure a smooth cut. i don't use sandpaper

though. i only use a cutter or the bandai scissors or

nippers, whatever it is called, to remove any knobs.

was not able to get one this weekend though. the store

where i usually buy will be stocking up next week so

hopefully i'll get one next week. but i may only get the

chance to build it during the christmas holidays, provided

we don't go on a holiday in the philippines.

i haven't even bought the WZC but i already have the

astray as my next PG in mind. hehehe. i have laid low

in buying yamato stuff. will come out of my shell only

when they release the VF-0D, VF-4 and SDF1.

Edited by geepogi

I always seem to be speedy when I do Gundam kits, for better or worse. On the flip side I can spend 6+ hours easily on a 1 inch tall Warhammer mini.

Anyways, enjoy the kit when you do get it. If nothing else it's a PG and they are fun to build regardless.

I always seem to be speedy when I do Gundam kits, for better or worse. On the flip side I can spend 6+ hours easily on a 1 inch tall Warhammer mini.

Anyways, enjoy the kit when you do get it. If nothing else it's a PG and they are fun to build regardless.

thanks bro.

am really looking forward to building my first PG.

have done about 10 MG's. all straight-build.

the largest being the perfect zeong. so i don't

see any difficulties in building this except for

the amount of time needed and the wiring.