Gundam Plamodel Thread III

It pains me to post these pics, but I painted this hideous thing a long time ago now, and these are ancient photos... it's still one of my favorite MGs, but I'm stoked for the 2.0 GM!

Thank you for posting the photos. :)

Your MG really looks great in 'white', I just wish Bandai would do the MG with the 'white' plastic as RX-78... (The plastic is kind of light green-lish, right?)

Cause I am not going to paint it.

Thank you for posting the photos. :)

Your MG really looks great in 'white', I just wish Bandai would do the MG with the 'white' plastic as RX-78... (The plastic is kind of light green-lish, right?)

Cause I am not going to paint it.

I was kind of put off by the greenish blue colour too, but when you look at the anime or art some GMs do have that colour. My MG GM is painted white, but i dulled it down a bit with weathering markers cos it was too bright. My GM isn't as good as promethuem5's paint job though.

I was kind of put off by the greenish blue colour too, but when you look at the anime or art some GMs do have that colour. My MG GM is painted white, but i dulled it down a bit with weathering markers cos it was too bright. My GM isn't as good as promethuem5's paint job though.

Hey, Kung flu, I am sure with all the weathering you add, it is still bette than the models I have done with no paint job on... come on, show me some photos of you MG.

By the way, what happen to the MG Guntank? No more news about it since months ago...

I would LOVE the MG Guntank... I think it's basically just unannounced and in the pipeline, but noone's heard anything concrete.

There's a video of it somewhere on youtube. It's basically an RC you build.

Ok, heres my GM, its nothing special, all i done was paint it white, used gundam weathering markers and smudged them a bit to make the white a bit dull. The red is unpainted. Though i enjoy making models painting is not one of my strong points.

post-4651-1234130260_thumb.jpg

Screw that... I want any MG Guntank to be a quality model, not an RC toy kit...

I dunno. I'm not a big Guntank fan to say the least, but it didn't look bad at all. Plus Bandai has a habit of making the mechanical/electrical components of their models actually look like scale components of the unit in question, so I'm sure it won't be too bad internally. They're just trying to find a way of making such a seemingly simple kit look more impressive, so they can gouge us on it.

Also, independently actual moving cannons is very cool.

Ok, heres my GM, its nothing special, all i done was paint it white, used gundam weathering markers and smudged them a bit to make the white a bit dull. The red is unpainted. Though i enjoy making models painting is not one of my strong points.

post-4651-1234130260_thumb.jpg

Thanks Kung flu, that is a nice photo. ;) (white is really looks better than light-green)

I think I will get the ver1 GM after all... I like it has some pannel lines on the surface!

And, promethuem5, I too perfer a quality MG Guntank, not an RC toy kit... However, I don't mind they release 2 different versions - standard MG and a RC version.

Here's my custom colored GM and "test color" GP01

I was able to mask the heal of the GM's foot and give it the proper mechanical color. The whole thing turned out nice, it was probably one of my best Gundam paint jobs ever next to my old Sazabi.

The GP01 was a pain in the ass, I don't know what happened to the orange but it was goop and took 4 days to dry. I'm pretty sure I still got the GM tucked away in the closet but the GP01 I believe I sold a year ago.

post-600-1234153115_thumb.jpg

post-600-1234153124_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hikuro

I'm a sucker for UC grunt mecha myself, and would love to see the RGC-83 GM Cannon II and the RGM-79N Powered GM Custom produced in Master Grade form.

RGC-83 GM Cannon, RGM-79SP GM Sniper II both are good one.

I personally want to see this mech being made in 1/100 MG oneday though.

post-10429-1234153183_thumb.jpg

Ok, technically this is not gunpra, but I still love it. I've been looking for this Fix Figuration for quite a long time (at a reasonable price), and finally found a decent one. This is the RGM-79SC (Sniper Custom), a somewhat obscure unit from OYW. I've had a fascination with this suit ever since I found out that Amuro was not the top Federation ace of the OYW, but it was in fact Tenneth A. Jung with 149 MS victories (Amuro = 142) who piloted this very suit.

Now, the figure itself has the ability to "transform" into a RX-78-2, which looks horrible with the green parts. When I got the this, it was a floppy mess with stuff falling off left and right. I hear that's the nature of GFF's. I don't care much for the RX-78 so I took some cement and made this a permanent RGM-79SC. The GM comes with lots, lots and lots of guns of all shapes and sizes... Lockon would be jealous.

DSCF2053-1.jpg

DSCF2052.jpg

Now if only we can get an updated HGUC or MG version of this <_<...

Edited by Ghost Train

so I took some cement and made this a permanent RGM-79SC.

And I was just itching to write: "can you transform him and show us how he looks?" - guess that'll never happen now :)

I want an MG of the new Guntank from MS Igloo 2. happy.gif

Vostok 7

Check out the 1/35 EFGF M61A5 from Bandai's UC Hard Graph series - you won't be dissapointed :)

Pete

And I was just itching to write: "can you transform him and show us how he looks?" - guess that'll never happen now

[

I thought about gluing the pieces on permanently because doing so sort of destroys trhe "resale value" as transformation is a somewhat big part of the GFF line... but the flopiness and loose pieces were just really really bad, like if you posed it, armor pieces would fall of on its own or something.

And there are a billion RX-78's, but only ONE very modern representation of the Sniper Custom :).

I thought about gluing the pieces on permanently because doing so sort of destroys trhe "resale value" as transformation is a somewhat big part of the GFF line... but the flopiness and loose pieces were just really really bad, like if you posed it, armor pieces would fall of on its own or something.

And there are a billion RX-78's, but only ONE very modern representation of the Sniper Custom :).

That is a nice GM sniper! ^_^ Love the design, shame that most of the GFF models are very small, I am a 1/100 man. :lol:

Here is my 'small' Gundam collection.

post-10429-1234496724_thumb.jpg

post-10429-1234496745_thumb.jpg

Nice collection Macrosssnake :)

Where can I get that White Base? :)

Pete

Thanks. ^_^ Most of them are 0079 series, I think it is still the best Gundam series ever!

I bought the White Base over a year ago... It is in a good size, it will looks better if I do some pannel lines on top.

However, it might hard to find now.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN943244

That is a nice GM sniper! ^_^ Love the design, shame that most of the GFF models are very small, I am a 1/100 man. :lol:

Here is my 'small' Gundam collection.

I'm a 1/100 man too, my collection consist mainly of MG kits, I've been collecting since i was a kid so my collection is kind of large, I think i've got about 35 to 40 MG kits. I haven't really bought any new MG kits in 3 years or so now. My first MG was a Zaku II I got when I was 13, but my first ever gundam model was a 1/60 ZETA Gundam i got when i was 10 from a relative in Hong Kong who came to visit. I suppose its his fault that i'm Gundam mad :lol:

I would probably take pictures but i'm lazy and theres a lot of dust on them, so maybe a clean up first before any pictures :lol:

Edited by kung flu

I'm a 1/100 man too, my collection consist mainly of MG kits, I've been collecting since i was a kid so my collection is kind of large, I think i've got about 35 to 40 MG kits. I haven't really bought any new MG kits in 3 years or so now. My first MG was a Zaku II I got when I was 13, but my first ever gundam model was a 1/60 ZETA Gundam i got when i was 10 from a relative in Hong Kong who came to visit. I suppose its his fault that i'm Gundam mad :lol:

I would probably take pictures but i'm lazy and theres a lot of dust on them, so maybe a clean up first before any pictures :lol:

Kung Flu. Yes, I find the 1/100 MG kit is the best cause the size, details and the cost are fit into what I want.

And please do take some photos to share your collections. ;)

Kung Flu. Yes, I find the 1/100 MG kit is the best cause the size, details and the cost are fit into what I want.

I would say the same too about 1/100, but i suppose the main reason is that i like all my models to be in the same scale. If my First Zaku II was a HGUC 1/144 instaed of MG, then i guess the rest of my collection would have been that size too.

Just a quick inquiry:

Anyone interested in the HGUC Zaku Ground Combat Set but not wanting the two tanks? I'll split the cost of the kit for the tanks. I don't want another Zaku, nor all the manipulators and weapons, but I want the 1/144 type 61.

Just curious if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that it's nice to have a collection that's all in the same scale. However, I disagree with the 1/100. I built a lot of MG kits, which are all in boxes now because I got addicted to PG and 1/60 scale. There's just something incredibly satisfiying about a 12 in. + robot. That and my PG's and 1/60's fit in nicely with my DX collection. On top of that, the 1/60 collection isn't as limited as one might think, with the PG, Bigscale/real detail line, older 1/60's, glorious, and G-system kits. I do have a G-system 1/35 RX-78-2, but I'm terrified to build it as looking at it makes me think I'm way out of my league.

On another note, for my birthday my wife bought me the G-system IWSP conversion, and I just ordered the G-system Kampfer as well. Anyone built these yet, and how are they?

Also, anyone heard an exact date for the PG Red frame? I pre-ordered it but haven't heard anything more.

Edited by Excillon

I thought the Red Frame was out already.... but then again I'm probably wrong since I'm not getting it so never really made any effort to memorize the release date...

Pete

It comes out sometime this month. When, I don't know.

How can you NOT get the Red frame?! It's the coolest mobile suit of them all! Well, to be fair it's a toss up between that and the Strike in Aile mode, but still!

It's Perfect Grade. I barely make a decent Master Grade kit. I have a long way to go before feeling confident enough to get a Perfect Grade kit :)

So - it's naught to do with the Red Frame as a Gundam, but with the fact that he's a PG.

Pete