Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

Did SK himself draw that sketch? I ask because I've seen him do better, and doubt it actually came from him. Might be a fan-drawing.

In any case that sketch makes me appreciate the chunky (1/60 VF-25) much more! That is one awesome, awesome sketch!! Great find!

It is, even the title says it!

Btw more original sketches will be shown on 29th Nov in a convention with SK himself!

Put the 1/100 and the sketch side by side

018ci0.jpgVF-25_Sketch_1.jpg

Edited by ntsan

Oh my. The original drawings by Kawamori are chunky? Oh my oh my. :lol:

EDIT: from perusing the original page linked to above, it doesn't say anything about this being the original drawing upon which the CGI model was based. In fact, they don't say much about the drawing at all.

Edited by Shaggydog

Oh my. The original drawings by Kawamori are chunky? Oh my oh my. :lol:

EDIT: from perusing the original page linked to above, it doesn't say anything about this being the original drawing upon which the CGI model was based. In fact, they don't say much about the drawing at all.

Well hopefully by 29th some peeps could take photos of those original drawings at convention

and it said right on the page:

河森氏デザイン画展

If it is not done by SK himself why would they name it galleria showing of SK? And think of this, would an artist put on show but the advertising page is using other people's work?

Edited by ntsan

Well hopefully by 29th some peeps could take photos of those original drawings at convention

河森氏デザイン画展

If it is not done by SK himself why would they name it galleria showing of SK? And think of this, would an artist put on show but the advertising page is using other people's work?

More information about the event:

http://www.tepia.jp/exhibition/event/ws/tepia0811/index.html

河森氏デザイン画展

As I'm hoping you're intelligent enough to realize, there is a distinction between 'done by Kawamori' and 'original drawing upon which the CGI was based'. For example, it could be a revision to the design 'done by Kawamori' AFTER the CGI was produced, or it could be an early drawing that was later revised, etc. I agree that it was made by Kawamori, and I rather suspect that it may be the drawing upon which the CGI was based, but we can't claim that definitively. I honestly don't know what would be considered the 'canonical' design in any case, and actually, I don't care. I like the chunky drawing, thank you for posting it. :)

It is, even the title says it!

Btw more original sketches will be shown on 29th Nov in a convention with SK himself!

Put the 1/100 and the sketch side by side

018ci0.jpgVF-25_Sketch_1.jpg

The sketch looks like a mid-to-late Kawamori design concept sketch, but from the style it's obviously far from his normal polished finished design drawaings.

As well as being more chunky overall, the gunpod is very different and the S type head only has twin head lasers instead of quad.

Graham

Here's hoping a VF-2SS, 2JA or Metal Siren....

Hey! I wonder if enemy mecha could be thought of? 1/100 enemy mechs would be great to display.

Would love to have a VF-2SS SAP run up against Feff's Officer Gilgamesh.... Juztahk! Grrr!!!

Next in line i'd go for M7 or M+. Kinda worried about the Zero line, what if Bandai you know... took the old revolting ex-Yamato design and... :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah; why would they do a VF-1?

Anyways - when I look at the VF-25 in 1/100 scale, my feeling is that:

a) the legs are just as "fat" as the 1/60 (proportionally)

b) the hands are terribly tiny

Considering it's also a parts-former... I'm not an enthusiast.

Reamain a DX fan. Besides - it's 1/60 scale; so it'll fit with all of my Yamatos which is a Godsend. It could have been worse - we could have had a different scale and then the world might well have come to an end.

Pete

Nexx Stalker wrote:

CAD will never beat the hand of an illustrator

Truer words could never have been written. As proof, I give you the VF-3RKL:

2rxbdbs.jpg

Now that would be one heck of a painjob - if someone can photoshop the 1:60 DX into Erkel colors :)

Pete

Nexx Stalker wrote:

Truer words could never have been written. As proof, I give you the VF-3RKL:

2rxbdbs.jpg

Now that would be one heck of a painjob - if someone can photoshop the 1:60 DX into Erkel colors :)

Pete

All I can say is "did I do that?"

Haven't been keeping up on this thread as much, but I'm guessing the Macross Frontier series 1/100's are coming out 1st...? Any time time lines at all for the other designs, namely the VF-2SS or VF-0's? These VF-25's are looking really good!!

Sorry if this question has been asked to much, was just curious.