koenig monster toys

sucker4meltrans

if yamato made a perfect transformation 1/60 vb-6 monster would you buy one?

I'll save up for it, yes, and have it customized to look like the Koenig Monster in Macross Frontier :) from what I know, it's the first appearance of the Koenig in an anime series. Please correct me if i'm wrong about that.

can't find stats on battroid mode, but the shuttle mode should be around 1.6 ft in 1/60 scale. I'm sure someone can figure it out by measuring the 1/100 konig toy (mine is boxed up at the moment and I'm not interested enough to unbox and transform that floppy POS)

Well here is the thing with robot mode:

I love that it can use the rail cannons like the sdf-1 can use the main gun in robot mode or the strike valk can use the strike cannon in robot mode. (ie swing forwards)

But the yamato doesn't allow it to do that like in that Macross VFX game picture.

Maybe bandai can make a superior koenig monster at 1/100 to challenge yamato?

I wasn't 100% happy with the yamato. Would probably end up selling it if there was a better toy of the monster.

(but I DO prefer the markings of the old un spacy kite symbol and the bold ANIME EYEBALL since it remind me of the old school monster from SDF:M. )

I have only watched up till ep 19 of macross frontier so far. And the poor robot mode gets no love!

Maybe if Kawamori gives us our Destroid OVA that we were all wishing for for years! :D

Robot mode would be used for close combat like the destroid spartan was used in SDF:M for defence of the long range destroids. A tall and heavily armored robot would be perfect bodyguard destroid! If they modded the koenig monster with a pin point barrier it would offer even more defense against heavier mecha. Not to mention the increased energy conversion armor thing that is supposed to offer more protection in robot mode that people speculate makes the bot mode more robust than the fighter or gerwalk modes.

That transforming Koenig Monster made from lego looked so cool. Bandai should base the toy on that if they plan on making one.. :D

pic of the transforming lego koenig monster:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24641

And unlike the yamato toy, it still has the little gun on the chest! :p

1-vb6.jpg

gla_km01.jpg

gla_km03.jpg

gla_km2.jpg

"I was jealous of Omega Supreme from transformers so I decided to turn into a robot one day"

It's been about half a decade since the 1/100 monster.

I wouldn't mind seeing them do v2 Monster. If not yamato, (who are already doing the smaller destroids at 1/60) then bandai should do it imo.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker