azrael

Episode 20  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Rating???????

• Positive (Faster Klan, Kill! Kill!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Kill Klan! Kill Klan!)

Ranka = traitor plz2exterminate.

Not only is she the most annoying character, thanks that she kept Ai-kun's existence a secret she put the whole convoy in jeopardy. And now her betrayal. I hope the government decides to hunt her down for greater justice.

Really? I think that story logic dictates that, by going off, she's probably saved Frontier...

Seems like the Leg armor is attached by leather straps: th_snapshot20080830195927.jpg

as well as the breast armor which somehow are not visible from the front: th_snapshot20080830195852.jpg

The fast packs seem to be supported by a small joint on the missile launchers, and I guess it's computer controlled gimbal to keep her level: th_snapshot20080830195834.jpg

How the missile launchers themselve are attached to her shoulders i haven't a clue. Especially as the mount must be strong enough to support a force of 2x1200 kN+ without buckling or slipping. I guess the boosters run on lower power though for this application:

th_snapshot20080830195910.jpg

How she controls her flight and weapons however is a bigger mistery.

Edited by DarkReaper

Is anyone else having trouble with the GG subs? I am using the .ass file and after the eyecatch the subs are late from the dialog about almost 30 seconds. If it is because GG put an advertisement in like they have been lately you'd think they would fix that for the .ass file because my raw doesn't have an ad in it.

Is there a way to change the timing in a .ass file so it fits?

EDIT: Looking up Aegisub, I hear that can do it. Still think it wouldn't hurt for GG to edit their .ass file for raws without a middle advertisement. The sponsor thing in the beginning and end doesn't bother me, I can edit video out for that, but I can't edit video in.

Edited by Master Dex

Linn Minmeeeeeeeeyyyyyy.

I don't remember well but I think the first person we see talking to Hikaru in SDF M between the two is Misa for the emergency landing but me and my memory....

Anyway, even if you're right : It's the exception which proves the rule ;)

- Leon is still a bastard and needs to be killed, NOW.

- Grace is still a bitch and needs to be killed, NOW.

People keep saying this (particularly in the who-do-you-want-to-die-next thread), but I can't say I really get the sentiment. How does killing off either of these two really solve anything? I don't care if they die or not, as long as they're ultimately foiled. Just killing either of them isn't really a comeuppance of any sort (Grace in particular; I think she almost doesn't care if she lives or dies, her aims are bigger than an individual).

Nice reference to Fat Man and Little Boy by calling the DE Bomb 'Little Girl'. Is anyone else getting tired of the lack of information behind the Vajra? There doesn't seem to be a motive or purpose, nor a history or origin and it's really getting to me.

Motivation and purpose can be probably be attributed to Grace and co provoking them. Have my doubts we're getting much answers with only 4 more episodes to go though. Ozma's laying low and digging might yield something, but perhaps more of the goals of Grace rather than the Vajra.

When I saw the raw I have the feeling that the episode is going to compensate the owned that Ranka gets on 19 but in the end Ranka realizes that her songs never reaches Alto, so she decides to leave (run away) because she believes she's already lost the love triangle. I can assume that all of us here are expecting that she returns to save the Frontier's dommsday with a huge vajra army to kick Grace & Co. asses. Untill now, while I still preffer an AltoxSheryl end, I have the feeling that the triangle will ends unclaeared

Now the Grace & Co.is the next point, Brera helps Ranka on his own will or he act under Grace orders? Probably is the first because he really cares about her but we are aware of the Grace's "forced mode" This fit very well on her plans, They leave and she engages the force mode so Brera kidnaps Ranka and take her to Macross Galaxy, but if it is the opposite still works for their plans. So Grace lefts Leon with a seemingly nonworking Queen Sheryl meanwhile they have the little queen seized in Galaxy ready to start the final battle.

To finish (If I continue speculating thinking as everything it fits in only 4 eps xD), I can't blame the Alto-Hime for his attitude against Ai-kun, but I ask myself what face will put Luca when he learns that he was helping a Traitor xD

Not only that, but he seems to have aged about five years...I mean, the death of his senpai should definitely age him, but I didn't think it would be so...visible.

I wouldn't be that surprised. To me, Luca always seemed to try to act younger than his age. If he matured, he would have dropped some years of fake youth, and toss on some added years of abruptly forced maturity.

Here's a thought to Ranka haters. In anime, usually the 1st girl the guy meets, will be the one he ends up with. And ranka is that person. ;)

Hikaru talked to Misa on the radio first, met Minmei in person. Alto sees Sheryl(who smiles at the stunt boys) then talks to Ranka.

Try again?

Macross is not your typical anime

Edited by JustinStrife

Nice reference to Fat Man and Little Boy by calling the DE Bomb 'Little Girl'. Is anyone else getting tired of the lack of information behind the Vajra? There doesn't seem to be a motive or purpose, nor a history or origin and it's really getting to me.

Noticed that as well. ^_^

Anyways...just finished watching the episode 10 minutes ago, and......

-- K.K. with Super Pack FTW!!!! :ph34r: Now I want see her use the Armored Pack as well. :ph34r:

-- K.K. going bonkers and mumbling Michel's name like a littany was a bit disturbing. :mellow: It might have been better if once in a while se just shouted DIE BUGS!!!! :lol:

-- I've said it before and I'll say it again the VF-27 and the VF-25 (in their respective Gerwalk Modes) were really done/animated very well this episode.

-- Destroids with flamethrowers? :blink: Must some kind of interchangeable weapon seeing that flamethrowers are useless in the vaccum of space. :mellow:

-- Uhmmm...where the heck did those Zentraedi Infantry come from? :huh:

-- Stampede Valkyrie FTW!!!! :ph34r:

Going to re-watch it now. :)

Edited by grss1982

Hikaru talked to Misa on the radio first, met Minmei in person. Alto sees Sheryl(who smiles at the stunt boys) then talks to Ranka.

Try again?

Macross is not your typical anime

exactly what I was thinking when I first saw the posts about who he saw first.

and nice avatar btw

The one thing I really didn't like about this episode was that they didn't try to reinforce the fact that Ranka leaving is something terrible happening.

Edit: I guess that's one gripe I have with the entire season, the character bonds weren't enforced very well. The relationships don't feel very interesting or different from eachother( Alto & Sheryl/Ranka ) like how Hikaru's relationships with Minmei and Misa were very different from eachother and I was more invested in the relationships. I don't have the same connection I do with the characters in Frontier as I did with the original series and Zero(along with Eva and Elfen Lied if you want to keep the list going) where I just wanted them to be happy.

Edited by lososaurus

Linn Minmeeeeeeeeyyyyyy.

Nope. He spoke to Misa 1st over the intercom of the VF-1D hence why he eventually ended up with her.

its a tvtropes thing. Just like how the 1st person the scooby gang meet will always be the badguy. :lol:

exactly what I was thinking when I first saw the posts about who he saw first.

and nice avatar btw

I love your avatar too. Klan Klan is my second favorite character in Macross Frontier. I got teary eyed seeing her in Michel's cockpit clutching his helmet and staring at the picture he had of her. :( :(

Nope. He spoke to Misa 1st over the intercom of the VF-1D hence why he eventually ended up with her.

its a tvtropes thing. Just like how the 1st person the scooby gang meet will always be the badguy. :lol:

He first spoke with Misa over the intercom when he was still in his aerobatic craft. He saw Minmei after that when he was chit-chatting with Roy, but didn't speak to her. He then spoke to Misa again in the VF-1D before 'rescuing' Minmei.

Alto first saw Sheryl backstage when he was with Michel and Luca. They got kicked out and had to dress up outside, where he ran into Ranka for the first time. Then of course, the concert scene with Sheryl, then rescuing Ranka with the VF-25.

Some reversals, but some similarities if you look at them closely. :)

Edited by JustinStrife

This episode actually has me liking Ranka more than I have. It gets a 'positive' from me.

With this and the last episode, it has had me liking Klan more (thats not to say I no longer like Nanase{get well soon!}.)I can hardly wait for the next episode. ^_^

Hehe, Crusader is always a laugh to read.

I especially like his comments about Alto's state of mind with regards to the Vajra:

Alto-hime has decided that the only good Vajra is a dead Vajra ==> :ph34r:

hime has adopted the “kill them all” attitude after Mikhail was skewered by one of them ==> Johnny Rico, reference? :lol:

I was so amused by Crusader's comments that I just had to do it..........

20af4w0.jpg

:lol: