Macross Frontier Episode 21 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Rating???????

• Positive (Faster Klan, Kill! Kill!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Kill Klan! Kill Klan!)

I didn't find this episode any more confusing than any other episode. I'm not sure what the hold up is with some.

The battle ended, Alto, Luca, Klan and the rest of the fleet have even more reason to go xenocidal on the Vajra, and Ranka is going off with Brera and Ai-kun to try to do something. Either settle the conflict, return Ai to his brothers (who will likely influence them to become peaceful since they're a hive) or just trying to lead the Vajra away from Frontier.

Again, I don't see what's so hard to understand.

I didn't find this episode any more confusing than any other episode. I'm not sure what the hold up is with some.

The battle ended, Alto, Luca, Klan and the rest of the fleet have even more reason to go xenocidal on the Vajra, and Ranka is going off with Brera and Ai-kun to try to do something. Either settle the conflict, return Ai to his brothers (who will likely influence them to become peaceful since they're a hive) or just trying to lead the Vajra away from Frontier.

Again, I don't see what's so hard to understand.

I notice people get upset about things when an episode comes out before subs, and then I watch it and there's really nothing wrong. I think people overreact to the pickiest things that aren't a big deal. We're fans, be a good fan and STOP WHINING. :)

Edited by MisaForever

I'm not grumpy, I'm just disenchanted. Doesn't mean I am going to stop watching it.

Just wait until the last episode, when (as VFTF-1 predicted), Basara flies out of nowhere and sings at the Vajra, releasing their Inner Beauty Men.

THEN we'll stop watching it.

By the way...nice new avatar. Is it a real photo of you?

Just wait until the last episode, when (as VFTF-1 predicted), Basara flies out of nowhere and sings at the Vajra, releasing their Inner Beauty Men.

THEN we'll stop watching it.

By the way...nice new avatar. Is it a real photo of you?

Inner Beauty Men??? IBM?!!!!! :blink:

7 pages already? Man, I've only just finished DLing and watching the HorribleRaws...

This episode had nice moment of character development but are we really on the last stretch of the show? The story seems to be moving a little bit too slowly for me to be approching the end game.

Also looking at the ads in the raws, looks like Gundam 00 will be replacing Frontier when it finishes. At least it looks like it, can't read for half a damn to save my life. If so then the 28 eps people here were hoping for for Frontier isn't likely.

New ED as well. Though I think it may only be for this episode like the Cat's Diary one.

I'm not sure why some people are complaining...I thought it was great.

Although I have to curse the Japanese language for dropping the subject off of sentences so often...I'm not sure if,

before the DE went off, Grace was saying that the SITUATION was different from 11 years ago, or RANKA was different from 11 years ago...

And yes, FAST Pack Klan is pure bloody brilliance.

And I'm glad Ai-kun didn't kill Michael...although I'd still hate to see what would've happened if Klan had run into Ai-kun before Alto did...something tells me Brera couldn't have stopped her as easily...

It was not that. He guessed wrong (well, me too). He was like "I am gonna get this anime, I am gonna get it", and then it has been like "I don't get it anymore" since that :ph34r:

FV

I felt similarly. But I just stopped speculating about where the show was going and just decided to enjoy the ride instead...better for my sanity that way.

7 pages already? Man, I've only just finished DLing and watching the HorribleRaws...

This episode had nice moment of character development but are we really on the last stretch of the show? The story seems to be moving a little bit too slowly for me to be approching the end game.

Also looking at the ads in the raws, looks like Gundam 00 will be replacing Frontier when it finishes. At least it looks like it, can't read for half a damn to save my life. If so then the 28 eps people here were hoping for for Frontier isn't likely.

New ED as well. Though I think it may only be for this episode like the Cat's Diary one.

I will not be watching Gundam and will leave the board if Macross dies. :p GUNDAM IS NOT MACROSS OR VISE-VERSA :p

Edited by MisaForever

Watching this episode made me realize that now it's too hard for a AltoXRanka ending, the relationship is just too complicated for it to be resolved in what's left of the show, mean while an AltoxSheryl ending would be a lot easier to wrap up the show with.

There wasnt enough Klan rage for my taste, but showing their childhood picture on Mikhail's VF was a very nice touch.

I'm not sure why some people are complaining...I thought it was great.

Although I have to curse the Japanese language for dropping the subject off of sentences so often...I'm not sure if,

before the DE went off, Grace was saying that the SITUATION was different from 11 years ago, or RANKA was different from 11 years ago...

And yes, FAST Pack Klan is pure bloody brilliance.

And I'm glad Ai-kun didn't kill Michael...although I'd still hate to see what would've happened if Klan had run into Ai-kun before Alto did...something tells me Brera couldn't have stopped her as easily...

Had it been Klan, Brera probably would have to kill her to stop her, and we can't have that. The Klan fans would have a fit and go on a rampage not seen since the end of the EVA tv series.

Looks like Ozma and Cathy is going to have to stay underground for a little while longer. They can't hide in the SMS as that'll comprimise the last fallback sanctuary they'll have left.

I will not be watching Gundam and will leave the board if Macross dies. :p GUNDAM IS NOT MACROSS OR VISE-VERSA :p

What do you mean "if Macross dies"? Frontier's gonna end in a few weeks, and then we've just got to sit tight and wait a few years for the next Macross thing...Think of it as "hibernation" instead of "death."

And y'know?

Brera may be helping Ranka, but he's still a jerk.

No kidding. I have friends who are into Gundam and every time they mention the new series that aren't even part of the original timeline they catch me sneering at them.

It is somewhat unlikely that Macross will die. *fingers cross/hopes Kawamori really doesn't go off the deep end* If that happens I'll cancel all my subscriptions for the Chronicles myself. However this season of the series is coming to an end soon though. The question is what's next for it not that this series without question is a real hit.

Watching this episode made me realize that now it's too hard for a AltoXRanka ending, the relationship is just too complicated for it to be resolved in what's left of the show, mean while an AltoxSheryl ending would be a lot easier to wrap up the show with.

There wasnt enough Klan rage for my taste, but showing their childhood picture on Mikhail's VF was a very nice touch.

it was in his helmet

Why is everyone so anti gundam? The new series (Gundam OO) is actually really good (not as good as macross), but still way better then SEED (yuck). When Frontier is over, you should give it a shot (be sure to watch the first 25 episodes first though)

it was in his helmet

It looked like it was on the main screen, I'll check it again, same thing different place

:p .

You're right it was there, still inside the VF though :p either way, I thought it was pretty touching.

Edited by Tobi54