Macross Frontier Episode 21 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Rating???????

• Positive (Faster Klan, Kill! Kill!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Kill Klan! Kill Klan!)

I think so. Odd how they'd want to blow that one up. Are the Zentraedi that much of a risk to their plans? Isn't Island 3 the one where the Vajra hid out until episode 2 (or 3)?

Yes its the one with the Zentradi mall, but also the one with the Vajra research center. You know the one Ozma was gonna infiltrate in episode 17. That's where the DE and Fold-amplifier thingy was stored so I'd imagine it was chosen because of that.

Yes, see THAT was noticable. But I didn't care as I love the story, characters, and plot.

Sounds like Star Wars fanboys.

"The script sux but i didn't care cuz i love the setting, characters and plot." :lol:

Sorry man...you asked for it. ^_^

Anyway i'm not arguing about animation anymore. Moving onnnnnn. :D

Edited by wolfx

Sounds like Star Wars fanboys.

"The script sux but i didn't care cuz i love the setting, characters and plot." :lol:

Sorry man...you asked for it. ^_^

Anyway i'm not arguing about animation anymore. Moving onnnnnn. :D

CURSE YOU!!! Fortunately I am NOT a Star Wars fanboy and I DO love the story/script :p^_^

Edited by MisaForever

I have to agree about the klan killing spree...

it was kind of disappointing, although the she made up for it with the scene in michel's cockpit. and yes, that was very likely a zentran-sized ex-gear - maybe its a prototype or something?. didn't like the lack of Sheryl in this ep (I am deliberately not counting the 2x 2 second shots she was in) either. I suppose Ranka had to have her moment with alto - she also matched Sheryl's win in the first kiss contest by winning the first declaration contest. damn... hime is gonna have a very hard time choosing now - here he was all set to really start diggin Sheryl (with reciprocity ^^), and along comes Ranka with a double bomb: 'she loves him, but she has to leave, with her ai-kun 3.0 in tow'.

as to the preview. I have every confidence that Leon ain't gonna be able to take advantage of sheryl in any way - she's too smart and too tough a cookie for him, and she is probably aware of his involvement with ranka thru grace. I say her and klan team up to finish the investigation michel started.

Am I the only one who finds this image highly disturbing? :blink:

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=37gu1.jpg

It's ok to love your pet....just don't loooove your pet ya know?

haha dito my friend, I haven't even seen the episode yet but when I was browing the images and saw that it was a very :blink: moment. I mean if you throw that up randomly on the net people would probably ask what hentai that is from :lol:

hmm that settles it Ranka gets Ai-kun and Sheryl gets Alto :p

Can someone do an impromptu translation of the second half?

Btw, did Brera get confirmation from Grace or did he just go AWOL?

Wonder how that fits into her plan. Maybe she has to use the Electro-Leash on him again.

Edited by azrael
someone forgot spoiler tags

This was the first episode to really disappoint (at least for me) because it failed to be more than a sum of its parts.

Really quite unfortunate, given how much tension was built up in the previous one and how precious little time is left until the end. There was so much going for this episode, but the writers had to cram so many elements in.

Ranka's departure, while a touching scene was too sudden and poorly timed.

The overall pacing didn't help much to improve viewing pleasure, either.

No Northern Cross, AGAIN!?!? One of the best anime endings ever and they constantly refuse to use it. I presume next episode we'll get it since it's the title track...

I think Keith may have pointed it out with Ranka earlier, but I thought that both she and Luca looked a little older little more mature this episode. Could've just been my imagination.

FAST Pack Klan FTW!

No Northern Cross, AGAIN!?!? One of the best anime endings ever and they constantly refuse to use it. I presume next episode we'll get it since it's the title track...

I think Keith may have pointed it out with Ranka earlier, but I thought that both she and Luca looked a little older little more mature this episode. Could've just been my imagination.

FAST Pack Klan FTW!

They did look older. Ranka was able to decide things for herself for once and Luca finally got rid of those anoying pink stripes on his cheeks. Hell Luca looked grim at some scenes.

Just finished watching and the first question I have is

how is Brera suddenly free from Grace's control?

Duuh... cause

he ain't in

cyberspace

?

Btw... EXCELLENT EPISODE.....

Even without subs I understood/enjoyed it a lot... It was touching... Reminded me of Macross Zero a lot. ^_^

KLAN WITH FASTPACKS!!!!

Ranka realising she's the one luring the Vajra and running away (kinda like I predicted, hehe). I believe we won't see her in a long time... Hell, if she ever re-appears it could be in the final episode or in a second season if there's one...

I just noticed some ppl here seem to think that

Leon ordered Island 3's destruction. I think you all got it wrong. It seemed that the Zentradi there were evacuated and then Luca showed a DE Bomb inside the SMS base to Alto (revealing that it was the thing that destroyed Galia IV I believe... hence the anger in Alto towards him a moment later). Ranka lured the Vajra to Island 3 and then they activated the bomb, destroying all the Vajra in the process...

Btw...

Does anybody has a pic of the

SDF-4 crashing on Galia IV, kid Brera and kid Ranka

?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I just noticed some ppl here seem to think that

Leon ordered Island 3's destruction. I think you all got it wrong. It seemed that the Zentradi there were evacuated and then Luca showed a DE Bomb inside the SMS base to Alto (revealing that was the thing that destroyed Galia IV I believe... hence the anger in Alto towards him). Ranka lured the Vajra to Island 3 and then they activated the bomb, destroying all the Vajra in the process...

It was Luca's idea to begin with. Alto reacted the way he did at the prospect of using Ranka as bait.

I didn't see any indication of him even realizing the device was the same that destroyed Galia 4.

It was Luca's idea to begin with. Alto reacted the way he did at the prospect of using Ranka as bait.

I didn't see any indication of him even realizing the device was the same that destroyed Galia 4.

Yes, you must right. Btw, am I the only one who thinks

pre-stage 2 ai-Kun looked kinda like a green furred chibi Birdman?

I loved how it

put its claw on Ranka's shoulder after being saved from Alto's wrath by Brera. Could this indicate some level of intelligence?

:blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I love all the homages to other anime series this show has!

First, we have Klan

doing her best EVA-01 impression

and then Ai-kun

evolving like a freakin' Pokemon

Love it!

Here's hoping for a "kill'em all" Tomino-type, Ideon-style ending to cap it all off!

Edited by sdf2501

I don't know when Ranka will come back, but it's not like she won't do anything meanwhile.

Actually, I am beginning to think that the ending will have Ranka and Sheryl singing against each other :ph34r:

Klan looked like a mecha musume. I was thinking she would have just used the gun taken from the dead Zentradi in ep. 04. The FAST Packs were a bit over the top, but overall I can take it as a brief fanservice scene.

This episode has some pacing issues. Unluckily, it wasn't made into a big battle, but we got plenty of chara development.

In the next episode the VF-171 has some kind of FAST Pack (seems like a gun and a missile pod) ^_^

FV