Macross Frontier Episode 21 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Rating???????

• Positive (Faster Klan, Kill! Kill!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Kill Klan! Kill Klan!)

Anyone notice M:Plus homage when the camera focusing to Ranka (Sharon Apple black box scene)?

Some animation quality went down, and how did Brera put his VF-27 on ultra silent mode?

I can only surmise:

style=minmay, physical attributes=mao

Does that mean she too won't get the main guy

:ph34r: crosses fingers

Animation wasn't that bad, this was afterall a pretty calm episode, a good money saver :)

Edited by whispo

Looks like Brera save Ai-Kun just in time ! Still no sign of Michael, he is really dead isn't he ? Did Brera confess to Ranka that he is his brother ?

I don't know, I think the absence of any info there may lead in the opposite direction

Wihle it's true the SMS don't have funeral services for their fallen, the lack of any real notable developments on the Michel front, i.e. bringing his body back in and throwing it in the pyre, says to me there may indeed be something else going on, Pimpbot 2000 may be a more likely possability than originally though.

Why haven't Cathy & Ozma made a dash for the Macross Quarter or Bilner's house?

Is Ranka going to go live with the Vajra?

Did she get her memories back?

Why does Leon hate transforming Battle Frontier so much? That truly is evil!

Why didn't Luca get up off his stupid ass and tell Alto about Aikun being Vajra?

Will all of these questions be answered in Northern Cross???

1. They're probably staying low to avoid getting killed by Leon's agents. Was a shot of a lot armed people in black suits in the Lee residence.

2. I'm presuming Ranka left because she got some of her memories back from the incident 11 years ago. Might have realized she's the reason for the Vajra coming.

3. She got at least some, if not all of, her memories back.

4. It's probably kawamori going "Ok since fans complained about Battle 7 always transforming, Battle Frontier will NEVER transform. muwahaahaha!"

5. Luca didn't exactly have a reason to tell Alto that Aikun was a Vajra. He was presumably dead.

6. Who knows?

EDIT: forgot the first question.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Why haven't Cathy & Ozma made a dash for the Macross Quarter or Bilner's house?

Is Ranka going to go live with the Vajra?

Did she get her memories back?

Why does Leon hate transforming Battle Frontier so much? That truly is evil!

Why didn't Luca get up off his stupid ass and tell Alto about Aikun being Vajra?

Will all of these questions be answered in Northern Cross???

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of DRAGONBALL Z..... eeeuh Macross Frontier!

Edited by whispo

Anyone notice M:Plus homage when the camera focusing to Ranka (Sharon Apple black box scene)?

Some animation quality went down, and how did Brera put his VF-27 on ultra silent mode?

Please stop with the animation quality comments, it doesn't matter.

<_<

Or you could have been in the IRC channel and gotten an on the fly translation as we watched.

You know Duke, the avatar keeps getting better and better, next week I'll concider opening IRC ^_^

Edited by whispo

To be honest, I felt the action parts of this episode were ho-hum, nothing special. The character growth and development, on the other hand, was awesome. I really like how Ranka grew up in this episode and realized

that she controls her own destiny

. Hopefully we'll see more of that in the coming episodes.

Also, in the preview for next week, was that a VF-171 with a

FAST pack

? It also looks like the animators finally remembered the Vajra anti-missile defense from episode 1.

Or you could have been in the IRC channel and gotten an on the fly translation as we watched.

I don't trust on the fly, something could be misunderstood and typed in incorrectly. :p Fanboys aren't exactly accurate (especially when it comes to spelling and grammar). <_<

Please stop with the animation quality comments, it doesn't matter.

<_<

Why not? I think its valid comment. Studio Satelight's OTHER 40++ episode ongoing show is being more consistent and prettier than Frontier is.

http://www.satelight.co.jp/english/works/shugo.html

Anyway was watching low quality raw so couldn't see any animation quality drop. But with frontier i kinda accepted it and gave up. :rolleyes:

More on the episode....people who die in frontier tend to get no attention eh. Only one grieving for Michel is only Klan. Alto is flying paper planes like nothing changed.....and i thought there were no valks left on Island 3 aka SMS' base. How come Alto got his VF-25 and Klan her Q-rae?

Edited by wolfx

Why does Leon hate transforming Battle Frontier so much?

The impression that I got is that he was insisting that the Battle Frontier be launched. I also had the feeling (but that may have just been me filling in the blanks) that he wanted to erase his assassination as, if I got me facts straight, in the airlock between the two ships and would've been sucked away.

AND GODDAMNIT is Island 3 the Zentradi one?

I think so. Odd how they'd want to blow that one up. Are the Zentraedi that much of a risk to their plans? Isn't Island 3 the one where the Vajra hid out until episode 2 (or 3)?

Crap, we need to patent it before HG steals it! :)

Hmm they wouldn't "steal" it, they'd simply give it another name and mix it up with some other anime's frames to make it look original.

What i liked about this episode was the fact that Sheryl got multiple reactions via the earring, does that mean she's awakening her "powers". Or maybe Ranka's emotions were just so damn strong that it got through.

Edited by whispo

I think so. Odd how they'd want to blow that one up. Are the Zentraedi that much of a risk to their plans? Isn't Island 3 the one where the Vajra hid out until episode 2 (or 3)?

that is an interesting possibility...

but then, macro-zentran can go hand to hand with most of the vajra except for the lobster

Why not? I think its valid comment. Studio Satelight's OTHER 40++ episode ongoing show is being more consistent and prettier than Frontier is.

http://www.satelight.co.jp/english/works/shugo.html

Sorry, fellow-KLAN but I'll have to disagree. If you watch anime for the quality of the animation and put it down because of it, then you're not really interested in the show itself. Anime is more than the quality of the production.

:)

Anyway was watching low quality raw so couldn't see any animation quality drop. But with frontier i kinda accepted it and gave up. :rolleyes:

It did drop. But it was only noticeable for a few moments before I was sucked right back into the character developments. That, or got used to it.

Nevertheless, this kind of thing is not really worthy of commenting on. Only when we get the massive quality drop like when Burera fought the Griffen can we complain.

Edited by sketchley

It did drop. But it was only noticeable for a few moments before I was sucked right back into the character developments. That, or got used to it.

Nevertheless, this kind of thing is not really worthy of commenting on. Only when we get the massive quality drop like when Burera fought the Griffen can we complain.

Yes, see THAT was noticable. But I didn't care as I love the story, characters, and plot.