Any reviews of Toynami 1/100 FPs?

mercm3

If I could sum it up into one word it would be...

Meh

And that's not so much toward just the FP's themselves, but toward the whole Toynami Valks in general. The arms and legs keep falling off...especially with the FP's attached because of the weight. The boosters seem small to me also.

If you really like the Toynami's then they are a great addition. If you think they are just "ok" then it might not be worth the extra money.

Every set of twin missiles I applied to the wings broke. I'm very let down. I should have a full review up some time in September. Also, if you're applying them on Wave 1 valks you will notice even more floppiness due to the additional weight. Wave 2 seemed to handle them pretty nice and they are a good addition to any valk's battroid mode.

I got a set in the mail yesterday (About $11 after postage from an eBay dealer). Unfortunately my Valk is at the office, won't I won't be able to get them together for a day or so!

But the pack of gear seems pretty nice. Lots of great detail, and they seem very sturdy. Good painting and decals (lots of little 'no step' decals as well). I spent a little while in the morning putting on decals and doing in some panel lines.

Every set of twin missiles I applied to the wings broke.

Where did they break, if I might ask?

I'm assuming in the adaptor plate, at the wider socket or the smaller sockets?

I might widen the holes just slightly to reduce the strain, and save myself the potential headache.

Yep, it's the adapter plate that's breaking. They've all broken where the plastic is thinnest outside the large center hole. It would appear the best bet for fixing this would be to reduce the thickness of the hard point on the wing rather than fiddling with the adapter plate itself.

Yep, it's the adapter plate that's breaking. They've all broken where the plastic is thinnest outside the large center hole. It would appear the best bet for fixing this would be to reduce the thickness of the hard point on the wing rather than fiddling with the adapter plate itself.

Thanks! Still, I may work on the adapter rather than mess with the hardpoint on the Valk itself. If I don't have any success with the adapter, I can always just cut a cheap new adapter from some sheet styrene.

I'm a little more comfortable with that method! ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
My review is up!

Excellent, thanks!

I haven't messed with the missiles yet, myself. The only one I have is the Milia, and its been in Battroid form since I got the super pack. I did put the decals on the missiles, and go over them with a panel-line marker. But that's about it.

Hello,

First post here...

I just bought the Series 1 Roy and accessory pack of these figures (should arrive by Friday). I think Milia is next on my list to get.

Any advice on handling the toy to avoid breakage? I see some stress and friction issues in the pictures shown already and figure a simple swipe of the x-acto knife will cure that, but are there other issues?

Are there plans for this series beyond wave 3?

Thanks.

Nah, overall I like these toys so if you have any modeling talent and some patience you'll probably be really happy with them. Most the stuff that breaks or gets loose could be fixed very easily (and many of the cracks that appear don't really affect anything anyway).

They're considering what's on the table for Wave 3 is considered the super parts, wave 4 is the weathered 1S Hik, Roy, and the VF-1A CF. Wave 5 is just rumors at this point but it looks like the GBP is a pretty safe bet.

Edited by jenius

For what they are in terms of price point, for $20 good toy to kick around. Have a few on my desk and guess what... if they fall or break... don't feel bad. now if the 1/60 got knocked over thats a different issue.

the key is that these are NOT collectibles, not 1/60 or not 1/48's. these are toys.

and for under $100 you can get a pile of different colors and planes to get your fix....theya re a quick fix not a display item,